#1 of 9The Magazine Channel -- Austin, Texas (glad to help with VISA) -- http://www.themagazinechannel.com
The Magazine Channel is rebooting magazine interest by unbundling magazines into articles. We work with over 300 top magazines and have a major distribution partner.
iOS Developer--help us with major improvements to our current iOS application (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stacks-by-magazine-channel/i...), bring a designer's sensibility, and add your ideas.
Backend Developer--boost our search performance, indexing, and scalability as we pass the millionth article and move towards 10M. Experience with AWS and CMS design.
Marketing Director--help us grow awareness of our free consumer applications, announce our recent funding milestones, and technology partnerships. Growth mentality.
Tell us who you are: firstname.lastname@example.org
#2 of 9Help.com - Software Engineer - Austin, TX
Help.com is building the next generation of customer service software, backed by $6 million in funding. We're looking for software engineers with a few years of work experience to join our small-but-growing team at our downtown Austin office and work together to get our initial web application into the hands of an eager market.
In addition to competitive salary, comprehensive health benefits, and equity in an early-stage startup, you will have the opportunity to make an impactful contribution to both the product and the team. You will also get to work with some multi-talented and friendly folks who come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We're learning a lot from each other.
Email douglas.hanna at help.com with any questions (or just to say hello). Job posting and application is here: https://jobs.lever.co/help.com/1b641dfc-f3b9-4557-9a35-e21b3...
#3 of 9Signpost | New York City
Signpost is cloud-based marketing software that lets local businesses manage their customer relationships - effortlessly. Our product continuously builds profiles of a business's customers by capturing emails, phone calls and credit card transactions, then automatically uses this data to drive new customer conversion as well as loyalty, reviews and referrals from existing customers. With thousands of customers, Signpost has been named one of America's Most Promising Companies by Forbes, and is backed by Spark Capital, Google Ventures, OpenView Venture Partners, Scout Ventures and a group of angel investors including Jason Calacanis, Thomas Lehrman, and Jack Herrick. The company is headquartered in New York City with offices in Austin and Denver. Our tech stack is almost entirely Node.js running on AWS, and we're big fans of automated testing with almost 100% unit test coverage across all projects.
Senior Software Engineer (New York, NY) - http://grnh.se/pn35wd
Software Engineer (New York, NY) - http://grnh.se/ohl0nk
Front-end Developer (New York, NY) - http://grnh.se/ng036a
Front-end Developer (Austin, TX) - http://grnh.se/8lkc7r
#4 of 9ChatID (New York, NY) http://chatid.com
ChatID is a quickly growing platform for brands and consumers to directly communicate via chat across any website and on any device. Our chat product is live for partnered brands on Walmart.com, Sears.com and Newegg.com
Our current openings:
* Data Engineer - join our data team and work on building our analytics solution which gives brands and retailers a view into how chat is driving their business.
About the company:
- We're 20+ people mostly based in NYC, but also SF and Austin
- NYC office is in Flatiron between Union Square and Madison Square
- Newegg.com recently awarded us a 2014 Eggie award for "Best Marketing Platform"
- We like contributing to open source https://github.com/chatid Technologies we use:
- For our chat server we use Lua and Prosody [https://prosody.im/] an open source XMPP server started by two of our cofounders, one of which is a member of the XMPP council
- CoffeeScript, Backbone.js, Require.js, Angular.js, Flux and React, D3, SASS/LESS
- Python, Flask, PostgreSQL, InfluxDB, RabbitMQ
- Chef for infrastructure automation, but we're working on switching over to using Ansible and Docker
Sound interesting? Send us an email at email@example.com and feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
#5 of 9Polycom, Inc - https://www.polycom.com/ - HQ in San Jose, CA Polycom is a leader in communications and collaboration; you may know us by our conference phones.
• Austin, TX - Software Release Engineer (Full Time, Visa) - Linux/Unix, Subversion, Perl, Python, Apache, CGI. 0-5 yrs exp.
• Westminster, CO - Software Engineer (Full Time, Visa) - Java/Linux environment with Subversion. 0-5 yrs exp.
• Westminster, CO - SCM Engineer (Full Time, Visa) - Subversion, Jenkins, Linux, Windows, and shell scripting. 3+ yrs exp.
More info on these openings: http://careers.polycom.com/search.php; to apply, email your resume to email@example.com.
#6 of 9Main Street Hub // Austin, TX // email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a few experienced software engineers to join our small but growing R&D team in downtown Austin. Within engineering we are a passionate group of people who are extremely interested in building the software that helps our customers around the country thrive in their local communities. We’re a really small team (currently 9 people) so you’ll have plenty of say around how we develop software going forward.
We are currently in the process of modernizing our software platform to be more modular and truly data driven. Our goal is to use data to make sure that we provide the right content to the right consumer at the right time. We’re building our internal API using REST based services implemented in Java, and while our front end is currently implemented in PHP, that may change in the future. Some of the technologies that we’re using: Dropwizard, Swagger, Flyway, CodeIgniter, Phake, Guzzle, CloudFormation, Troposphere, and Ansible. All new engineers get company provided downtown parking, flexible work hours, 100% of their health insurance premiums paid for by the company, the ability to build their own work computer, and access to our kitchen with plenty of drinks and snacks. We’re looking for individuals only so please no recruiters or agencies. In addition we’re looking for full-time employees who are already in Austin, TX or willing to relocate.
Founded in 2010, Main Street Hub is the CRM for Local. We offer an integrated social, web, and email marketing solution designed to help merchants get more customers and keep them coming back by spreading word of mouth, extending their customer service, managing their online reputation, and leveraging the Main Street Hub’s merchant network. Main Street Hub was recently named #73 on the Inc. 500 list (http://www.inc.com/profile/main-street-hub) of America’s fastest growing companies and the 2nd fastest growing company in Austin. Please see our website (http://www.mainstreethub.com) for more information.
#7 of 9iSEC Partners - San Francisco, Seattle, Austin, New York City - Job Title - Security Engineer; Security Engineering Intern
You will spend most of your day thinking about security systems and how they can break. This is a very creative job that gives individuals a lot of freedom to be clever while learning new technologies at a very fast pace. Typical engagements will pair you with another experienced security consultant who you will learn from and teach along the way. Engagements are usually 2-4 weeks long. In a year, you will be exposed to 15-20 products and technology stacks. Your work will typically initiate person-months of security improvements in products millions of people use. You will have access to senior engineers/architects and your findings/ideas will be heard by senior decision makers. You will have enormous impact in making the software people use safer. All of our consultants are also security researchers, with dedicated research time.
Check out some of our research work here: https://isecpartners.github.io/
Check out all of our career opportunities here: https://www.isecpartners.com/about/careers.aspx
#8 of 9Codero Hosting - http://www.codero.com/company/careers
- Overland Park, KS
- Austin, TX
- Richardson, TX
- Phoenix, AZ
Looking for a new career? Codero offers competitive wages, great benefits, and the opportunity to join an exciting and rapidly growing company. Codero is a leading provider of Dedicated Server Hosting, Managed Server Hosting, and Cloud Hosting services.
- Frontend Developer
- Marketing Communication Specialist/ Copy Writer
- Product Marketing Manager
- SEM Specialist
- Vice President of Marketing
- Technical Support Specialist Level 1
- Data Center Technician/Engineer
#9 of 9Devops Engineer - RetailMeNot, London, UK
The RetailMeNot, Inc. London office is looking for a talented devops engineer to join our growing engineering team working on one of the UK’s largest shopping websites.
Come help us build a state of the art infrastructure in a rapid deployment fail-fast environment. Using DevOps practices and infrastructure as code you will use your skills to build a modern infrastructure that others depend on. You will design and build rugged systems to improve availability and performance and ensure that new code rolls out the door with minimal effort and maximum impact.
This role is primarily based in our London office, but you will have the opportunity to work with our teams around the world, particularly in Austin TX where our global engineering team is based.
==== Responsibilities ====
- Design and build the infrastructure to support features used by millions of people
- Manage our various systems, databases and services ensuring they are secure, resilient and performant
- Responsible for monitoring and supporting our infrastructure from dev right through to production
- Research new technologies and incorporate them into new systems
- Take initiative in leading projects and collaborating with others
==== Qualities that set you apart ====
- You believe you can automate anything and everything with code
- You enjoy working in teams and helping the people around you succeed
- You have high standards in everything you do with a high attention to detail
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced agile environment
- You thrive on being on the front lines of an outage; you dive in, take ownership, and make a plan to fix the root cause
==== Requirements ====
- Professional experience managing high availability LAMP stack deployments
- Excellent AWS knowledge (e.g. Cloudformation, EC2, Route53 etc)
- Experience of config management systems (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt)
- Experience of networks, security, load balancers, DNS and other infrastructure components
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- BASH scripting
==== Desirable ====
- BS or MS in Computer Science or relevant experience commensurate to a bachelor’s
- Working experience with Docker
- Any monitoring experience (e.g. Nagios/Icinga, Sensu, Zabbix)
- Version control systems knowledge (Git & Mercurial)
- Experience with PHP, particularly with frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony
- Contributions to open source software projects
If you think you're the candidate for this position and you're interested, send us your CV to email@example.com.