#1 of 3Palo Alto, CA
- Team: ~30 heads, 10 engineers from MIT, Berkeley, CMU, Google/Google Research, Facebook, Y Combinator, Microsoft Research, Palantir, Jane Street, IBM Research, Yahoo! Research, ...
- Investors: Red Point, Andreessen-Horowitz, Sutter Hill Ventures, Social+Capital, ...
- Customers: Box, Jive, Tableau, Zendesk, AdRoll, Nitro, New Relic, Optimizely, and many more
- Product: machine learning applications for non-technical users to help their businesses more effectively win and retain customers
- Looking for: strong engineers and data scientists excited to join an early-stage startup to help grow & shape the company
EXAMPLES OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build on and extend our sophisticated model training pipeline that uses data extracted from the web and other sources
- Build beautiful visualizations to communicate results and frontends to allow non-technical users to build complex models
- Develop and operate secure, scalable cloud infrastructure to manage and process customers' large, confidential datasets
- Create and shape the processes used to guide the engineering team to work together effectively
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Math or related fields
- Depth in software engineering, algorithms, and general analytical problem-solving
- Familiarity with Python preferred
#2 of 3Wise.io - http://wise.io - Berkeley, CA FULL-TIME (INTERN, H1B welcome)
Hiring: DevOps, Backend, and full-stack engineers.
Us: Empowering better data-driven decision making for the enterprise with machine learning applications.
Our stack: AWS, Python, Docker, Spark, C++, AngularJS, ...
You: Love the challenge of building things that don't exist, learning and growing alongside amazingly talented individuals in a highly collaborative environment.
Email resume + links to some public codebases at firstname.lastname@example.org
#3 of 3Location: Santa Monica, Venice, Los Angeles, San Francisco CA (Happy to help with VISA)
Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Workpop is a private, Series A company backed by venture capitalists including SV Angel, Obvious Ventures, Trinity Ventures, and Slow Ventures. Other investors, include Joe Lonsdale (Palantir), Aaron Levie (Box), Evan Williams (Twitter, Medium), Biz Stone (Twitter, Jelly), David Tisch (Box Group), Dennis Phelps (IVP), Jim Pallotta (Raptor), Kevin Colleran (Facebook) and Dave Morin (Path) . The company has grown to 12 employees with plans to increase to 18 to 20 over the next two quarters.
We are an experienced team of Harvard, Duke, and Berkeley alumns from companies like Google, Zynga, LinkedIn and Salesforce - currently 12 strong with plans to grow the team to 18 over the next quarter. Our founders have both big company and startup experience. We have collectively launched over 10 #1 overall iOS/Android and Facebook applications. We live and breathe what we do and love every second of it. Developers are the heart and soul of our team, culture and products. If your passion is to help people succeed, we want to listen to your opinions, try out your prototypes and work together to achieve amazing things. Our company mission is to help everyone find a job they love. That mission starts with supporting the health and happiness of our own team and their families. We offer great salaries, generous equity offers, great healthcare, healthy meals, family friendly outings and encourage our team members to take the time they need for parental and/or personal needs.
We would love to hear from you if you enjoy helping others around you grow as developers, can be autonomous and self-driven, and love the following: momentum, chaos, vibrancy, spontaneity, debate and swinging for the fences. But, most of all you have to be passionate about two things: 1. Helping people in the hourly space find jobs they love 2. Cutting edge technology. We are passionate about new tech and are betting big on Meteor.js
Workpop is hiring for three positions:
UI/UX Designer - Full Time Requirements: BS or MS in graphic or interaction design, or relevant experience in a related field 4 + years of relevant experience Ability to work solo and recruit a powerful team Highest level of proficiency with current design tools and software application Passionate about creating, communicating, and defending the needs of the user Experience with a broad range of UX design problems A strong portfolio demonstrating creativity and mastery of great user-centered design on web and mobile
Please reach us at email@example.com if you are interested.
Learn more at http://www.workpop.com