#1 of 3Jane Street - New York City, London, Hong Kong - Software Developer (Functinoal Programming) INTERN / VISA
Jane Street is a technology-focused proprietary trading firm. We are looking to hire great software developers with an interest in functional programming. OCaml, a statically typed functional programming with similarities to Haskell, Erlang, F# and SML, is our language of choice. We’ve got the largest team of OCaml developers in any industrial setting, and probably the world’s largest OCaml codebase. We use OCaml for running our entire business, supporting everything from research to systems administration to trading systems. If you’re interested in seeing how functional programming plays out in the real world, there’s no better place. The atmosphere is informal and intellectual. There is a focus on education, and people learn about software and trading, both through formal classes and on the job. The work is challenging, and you get to see the practical impact of your efforts in quick and dramatic terms. Jane Street is also small enough that people have the freedom to get involved in many different areas of the business. Compensation is highly competitive, and there’s a lot of room for growth.
You can learn more about Jane Street and our technology from our main site, janestreet.com. You can also look at a a talk given at CMU about why Jane Street uses functional programming (http://ocaml.janestreet.com/?q=node/61) and our programming blog (http://ocaml.janestreet.com)
(I personally work at the Hong Kong office. Feel free to get in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions.)
#2 of 3HYPEBEAST.com - Hong Kong (HK) - VISA Hiring full stack web / mobile developer
#3 of 3Upcoming (www.upcoming.nl) - Amsterdam, The Netherlands (No remote, but we'll relocate you) - Full Stack Software Engineer
===== About us =====
Upcoming is a Dutch 'listicle' website (a listicle is an article consisting of a list of funny/informational/sentimental/whatever stuff). We've been growing continuously since we launched in 2013, already reaching 15% of the Dutch population with zero € spent on marketing. We're (an independent) part of Telegraaf Media Groep, one of the biggest publishers of The Netherlands.
===== Abour our tech stack =====
We use python in the backend (Flask, Celery+RabbitMQ), and manage the frontend with Jinja2, jQuery, LESS and Grunt; persistence is done with MySQL and Redis. The deployments are automated, in a Continuous Integration environment. Our backend is developed in-house, with state-of-the-art publishing related features such as:
- Monitoring of 1000's of rss feeds from news websites, in order to detect trending articles all around the globe.
- Advanced analysis of our own articles' metrics, for automatically promoting them among our publication channels (this is aimed at maximizing virality).
- (Bayesian) Headline and thumbnail A/B testing
- Highly scalable click-through-rate optimizer, presented in a workshop of the ACM Recommender Systems conference in Hong Kong in 2013.
Since we're part of a big media group, some of these tools are now being used by other teams, reaching tens of millions of users every day.
===== What we're looking for =====
We'd love to bring on board a pragmatic developer. A CS degree helps, but relevant web experience is more important for us. We'd love it if you have spent some time across the whole stack, but if you consider yourself "just" a frontend or backend developer, we're willing to hear you out as well.
===== What we offer =====
- A perfect balance between working on innovation projects and “regular” web development, both with short and iterative development cycles.
- The flexibility and dynamism of working in a startup, with the strong stability of being part of a big company.
- An international environment, with people from all over the world (UK, Italy, Romania, Argentina, Brazil, Iran, and more)
- Thorough relocation assistance, regardless of where you’re coming from
- A competitive salary
- 25 vacation days
- Amsterdam! You’ll be living in one of the most beautiful and cosmopolitan cities in the world.
If you’re interested, drop me a line: m.neustadt(at)tmg.nl