#1 of 7Theranos - Palo Alto
Theranos is looking to completely redefine healthcare by solving speed and accuracy issues of current lab testing by combining SW engineering and life sciences using 1/1000 less blood than what is typically drawn today; our process have results in Doctors’ hands in as little as 2 hours allowing them to provide significantly more accurate treatments in a timely manner.
“To make actionable health information accessible to everyone at the time it matters” – Elizabeth Holmes
An advanced stage startup, Theranos primary stack is .Net - We are looking for engineers who want to make a positive impact in healthcare (New college grads welcome!) Also looking for Senior SQL Server Developers & Senior iOS developers (must have recent professional work experience).
VISA & Relo assistance (for those already in the US) - Sorry No remote – No International
What’s it like working @ Theranos? http://vimeo.com/107759726
For more about each position: http://www.theranos.com/careers/software-development
email michaelw at theranos dot com
#2 of 7Tableau Software - Palo Alto and Seattle
Helping people see and understand their data.
Tableau Software is growing like crazy and looking for talent: front end, back end, mobile; developers and managers. If you can name a software challenge, we are addressing it to solve our customers' problems.
We are the fastest growing BI software company, and headed to being the fastest growing enterprise software company...but we're really doing that by being an any-knowledge-worker software company in disguise. Better yet, we are an open, collaborative, fast-growing software company with a data visualization product people describe using the words "fast, easy, beautiful."
This is a great company. I started there earlier this year. The development team is top notch, the sales team knows how to treat customers, and HR knows how to take care of us.
Contact me directly and I'll help make sure your resume ends up in the right place. (For better or worse, we're growing so fast that our hiring folks can't always keep up. I was dinged for this last time I posted and I want to make sure it doesn't happen to you.)
#3 of 7WebAction in Downtown Palo Alto - Full Time Hiring Front-End Engineers
WebAction is a streaming analytics company based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Our goal is to make real-time, predictive analytics simple. Every component of our platform is controlled by a web-based drag and drop app designer and/or a declarative, SQL-like language. This enables our customers to focus on rapidly solving their business challenges, rather than being consumed in building out big data infrastructure. As a culture, we love challenges and strive to improve our product everyday.
===Front-end/UI Engineer position===
With the power of the WebAction platform, our mission is to build new visual interaction models that combines real-time analytics and predictive computations. This means we want to streamline the process of bringing data into our platform, visualizing it, and managing analytics pipelines for users with ease.
Our front-end stack includes HTML/CSS, JS/JQuery, Backbone, LESS, D3.js
===More about WebAction===
It's founded by a team of Silicon Valley executives with multiple successful exits in the enterprise (our CEO has sold 1 company to Lockheed and 2 companies to Oracle). We've raised north of $11m since 2013 and our advisors/board have done amazing things like creating the Apple logo and founding one of the top VC firms in Silicon Valley. With every product release, we delight our customers and engage new ones at an ever-growing rate.
If this sounds interesting, shoot your resume to HR at email@example.com. If you have questions for me, feel free to send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
#4 of 7Palo Alto, CA
- Team: ~30 heads, 10 engineers from MIT, Berkeley, CMU, Google/Google Research, Facebook, Y Combinator, Microsoft Research, Palantir, Jane Street, IBM Research, Yahoo! Research, ...
- Investors: Red Point, Andreessen-Horowitz, Sutter Hill Ventures, Social+Capital, ...
- Customers: Box, Jive, Tableau, Zendesk, AdRoll, Nitro, New Relic, Optimizely, and many more
- Product: machine learning applications for non-technical users to help their businesses more effectively win and retain customers
- Looking for: strong engineers and data scientists excited to join an early-stage startup to help grow & shape the company
EXAMPLES OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build on and extend our sophisticated model training pipeline that uses data extracted from the web and other sources
- Build beautiful visualizations to communicate results and frontends to allow non-technical users to build complex models
- Develop and operate secure, scalable cloud infrastructure to manage and process customers' large, confidential datasets
- Create and shape the processes used to guide the engineering team to work together effectively
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Math or related fields
- Depth in software engineering, algorithms, and general analytical problem-solving
- Familiarity with Python preferred
#5 of 7Syapse Inc -- Palo Alto & Philadelphia, PA
Syapse provides a precision medicine data platform that enables laboratories, registries, and providers to use molecular profiling to diagnose and treat patients.
See here for all the open positions: http://syapse.com/about/careers/
I'm especially looking to hire Customer Solutions Engineers for the Philly office. So if you're on the East Coast and always wanted to join a Bay Area startup, but didn't want to relocate, now is your chance! We're especially interested in people with Python and JS experience. Any experience with healthcare, electronic health records, or genomics is a bonus.
#6 of 7Jaunt VR - http://www.jauntvr.com/ - Palo Alto, CA
We are a small start up working on cutting edge technology in the virtual reality space located in the Bay Area. We are looking talented developers to join our small but growing team! If you are interested in working for a fast pace start up, check us out! http://www.jauntvr.com/careers/
We are looking for those who are interested in virtual reality, computational photography, computer vision, desktop application development, or mobile development!