#1 of 3Salt Lake City, UT - Lucid Software (http://www.golucid.co)
Lucid Software is building world class graphical applications in the browser and on mobile devices. Our first product, Lucidchart (http://www.lucidchart.com), is an online diagramming application with 2M+ users. We recently launched our second product, Lucidpress (http://www.lucidpress.com), which is an online layout and design application.
Lucid is a startup founded by Karl Sun, a former Google exec, and Ben Dilts, our CTO. We're profitable and rapidly growing in every dimension of the business and need people to join our team. For fun we raft river rapids on company retreats, have Friday BBQs, and eat lots of pizza. Talent and ability to learn are more important than specific skills.
BACKEND SOFTWARE ENGINEER (all experience levels) - Lucidchart and Lucidpress run with various decoupled services in a Linux environment using Scala, MongoDB, AWS, and MySQL. At Lucid your responsibilities would include enhancing existing services, building new services, integrating with 3rd party applications and ensuring services are highly available, secure, and scalable. Requirements: - Talent - BS degree Recommended experience: - Building large products / applications - Scala or Java - MySQL or other relational database - NoSQL databases - Cloud computing (AWS)
FRONTEND SOFTWARE ENGINEER (all experience levels) -
*The application requires a current resume, cover letter, and an unofficial or official university transcript.
#2 of 3Ardusat (Project-based education tech with access to space) Salt Lake City, UT
Come help change the way science and math are taught in schools! Ardusat (https://www.ardusat.com) is a growing educational technology company providing engaging experiences to science and math students by creating technology, products, and curriculum preparing them to run custom experiments on real satellites in space. With over $6B available in public and private STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) grants, this is an exciting space to work in.
Why Ardusat is an awesome place to work:
* Early stage startup with successful seed funding round. We've proven that investors and early adopters are excited about our vision, now we need help making that vision a reality! As part of a small team, you'll have the chance to make a real impact on the future direction of the company.
* Education is a space where what you are doing matters. Everyone at Ardusat is here because we believe parts of the education system are broken, and need to be fixed. We want our work to impact student's lives all over the world by cultivating more interest in math, science, and technology.
* We value autonomy, professional development, and life outside work. Do you do your best work when you get out skiing for the morning and work at 1 am? We understand different people work differently, and we want everyone we hire to be inspired by and love what they do. This means that we try to have people work on projects that are interesting to them, provide the resources to continue learning, and give the flexibility to fit in life outside work.
* Space is cool. So, you're not exactly a rocket scientist? Well, we don't actually work with rockets, either, but a satellite engineer is pretty close. We have a close partnership with San Francisco-based Spire and collaborate with their engineering team on a variety of projects. There's a good chance that some of the code you write at Ardusat will be running in space in a few months.
* Salt Lake City is not the Bay Area. We love visiting the Valley, but we're always pretty excited to get home. SLC is more affordable, has way less traffic, and, most importantly, is 30 minutes away from some of the best skiing, mountain biking, rock climbing, and hiking in the country. We are proud to be located somewhere where access to the mountains is close enough that you don't have to be a weekend warrior. (We respect powder days)
* Front End Developer - We need someone to help develop our various web-based tools. The ideal candidate would be comfortable creating great UX and familiar with modern JS frameworks (we currently use Angular.js) HTML5, CSS3. Experience developing mobile apps is a big plus. We work with a top notch design firm for our creative, but having a decent eye for design is important.
* Embedded Software Developer - We need a “full stack” embedded hacker to help us develop some of our product offerings. Experience with typical “maker” technologies (3D printing, proto-board prototyping, Arduino, etc.) is preferred. This is an important, early hire for the team, however, so it involves multiple hats, and we're also looking for someone with experience working with backend technologies including sys admin and backend web development (we use Rails and Node.js).
We try not to be dogmatic about individual technologies. We've all used a lot of different platforms, languages, and idioms over our careers, so we're not overly focused on any particular technology/framework. However, we currently use/like the following technologies, and experience with some of them certainly helps!
Ruby on Rails
How to Apply
If you think Ardusat sounds like an exciting place to work, we want to hear from you! Please email us at email@example.com with a brief description of your background and why you are interested in Ardusat, as well as a portfolio/CV. We would like to see a non-trivial code sample that you feel showcases your coding abilities and experiences – whether that's a github profile, side project code sample, OSS contribution or something else. We'll try to get back to everyone as quickly as possible!
#3 of 3Senior Python Data Scientist and Senior Software Engineer - Recursion Pharmaceuticals - Salt Lake City, UT
Question for you: What's the most challenging, most impactful set of data problems you could be working on?
We’re a small and fast-growing biotech startup with an amazing set of advisors including the Broad’s Anne Carpenter, and we're using high throughput genetic perturbation experiments in human cells, automated image segmentation and quantitation of hundreds of features for every cell, and machine learning and statistics to find new treatments for rare genetic diseases faster than anyone has previously thought possible. If that sounds like a lot of biology, don’t worry—you’ll be up to speed in a week or two. Just know this: there are more than 5,000 rare genetic diseases, in total affecting more than 10 million people in the US alone, and only a handful are treatable. We aim to find treatments for 100 of them in the next 10 years. See who we are at http://www.recursionpharma.com/team
We’re looking for exceptional computational scientists to help lead our analysis efforts, with the following criteria:
- Native-level fluency in probability, statistics and modeling; several years of experience in statistics, machine learning, and software development solving problems using lots of data, ideally using python’s scientific stack; thorough understanding of fundamentals of machine learning such as cross-validation and learning curves, plus an ability to explore new types of data independently and get an effective guess as to what sorts of models and assumptions make sense as a starting point.
- A track record of outstanding projects, publications, or presentations that demonstrate successful application of the above talents.
- Motivation to tackle some of the most challenging data problems around, to work with other sharp and highly-motivated individuals with diverse backgrounds, and to make lots of patients’ lives dramatically better.
- Biology background not required; intellectual curiosity and motivation to learn is critical.
- Key tools and skills (not all required): python, machine learning, sklearn, ipython, data science, pandas, interactive analysis, linux fluency, bioinformatics (definitely not required)
More details and how to reach us: http://www.recursionpharma.com/lead-python-data-scientist.ht...
More openings including software engineering roles: http://www.recursionpharma.com/careers.html
Recursion Pharmaceuticals is based in Research Park at the edge of the mountains overlooking Salt Lake City, Utah. Gorgeous hiking/running/biking is literally out our back door, and it's half an hour to 5 top ski resorts. We're chiefly interested in folks who want to physically join us in Salt Lake City.