#1 of 3Mutually Human - Grand Rapids, MI and Columbus, OH (on-site, full time)
We are a small team passionate about making people's lives better through software. We are hiring engineers and designers at our offices in Grand Rapids or Columbus.
A little bit about us:
A little bit about you:
- We write custom software of all shapes and sizes for clients all over the US. - We aren't limited to any really specific set of technologies, which is a great opportunity to learn. In the past two years, I've worked with Python, Objective-C, Swift, Backbone.js + PhoneGap, Angular + CoffeeScript, Node.js, and Ruby/Rails. - We practice a sustainable pace. We recognize that we each have lives, activities, and families outside of work. Late nights and > 40 hour weeks are rare by design. Last year I worked an average of 40.408 hours per week. - We offer competitive salaries, health/vision/dental insurance, quarterly profit sharing, retirement + match, weekly catered lunches, and a top-floor office with snacks, guitars, and your choice of standing or sitting desks.
If you're interested, check out our website:
- You love making software, and you have a couple of years of experience building software with a variety of tools and technologies. - You learn new stuff quickly. You’ve used a lot of technologies, but you’re not afraid to use more. You have some experience with web or mobile tech. - You believe software is written for humans, not computers. - You want to come into work every day and enjoy the people you work with.
Also, feel free to get in touch with me:
#2 of 3inContact (http://www.incontact.com) | Columbus, OH | Full Time | OnSite | Interns | Software Engineers
We're looking for developers with experience in Web/Front End, Back End/Services or both. C# experience preferred and/or experience with another statically, strongly typed language. Multiple positions are open on our careers page.
Tech stack: C#/.net/MVC, C++, SQL Server 2008-2014, Server 2008/2012, TFS, RabbitMQ
== Benefits ==
- Casual work environment (jeans, tshirts, shorts, etc)
- Flexible work hours + work/life balance
- Choice of a new high end laptop/desktop + multiple monitors
- Resharper License (I personally can't live without it)
- Full MSDN Access (Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise included)
- Work remotely when needed and during bad weather
- 2.5 weeks vacation to start
- Stock discounts, health/dental insurance, 401k, etc
Feel free to email if you have questions.
#3 of 3IBM Watson | Multiple positions | Pittsburgh | Onsite | Full-time | Citizen; Visa for well-qualified candidates | Scala; Java; Angular.js; Bootstrap; Python; Ruby; C; Golang; Watson Explorer
Want to be a part of a quickly growing product team, fueled by customers' never-ending thirst for knowledge? IBM Watson Pittsburgh has dominion over Watson Explorer and two recently released Watson Developer Cloud services: Document Conversion and Retrieve & Rank. We're a hilariously large family seated in the heart of Squirrel Hill, a neighborhood of bonnie Pittsburgh. No office parks or egregious commutes here!
* L2 Support
* Design Research & Visual Design
* Product Management
There are likely to be software engineering jobs opening very soon, so bookmark this post and come back to that link in a couple of weeks. If you apply, make sure that you've completed the (admittedly lengthy) entire application. If I see it, I'll respond with a thank you message!
Watson is also starting its entry-level/college graduate machine at http://ibm.biz/watsonuniversity. We have offices all over, in NYC, Boston, Columbus, Austin, San Jose, Raleigh, Pittsburgh, and more. If you're graduating in December or in May, give it a shot! You can use the first link and simply search for "Blue Spark" if you want me to get notified that you've applied.
I'm the software engineer tech lead on the Watson Explorer connectivity team and former consultant with the product's Professional Services team. I've been around a long while and I can rightfully say that Watson group really does move quickly lives up to the "startup speed" thing seen in the press. Watson seems a lot different from what we've all thought is IBM, and I'm glad to be a part of the team keeping it that way.
You can read my post history for more about our interview process, our team functions, and our excellent culture that has a ridiculously high retention rate.
If you want to chat with me, hit me up on Pittsburgh Code & Supply's Slack chat (http://www.codeandsupply.co/chat) or email me <my hn username> at us · ibm · com with "Hacker News" in the subject.