#1 of 8NEXEDI | Lille/Munich/Paris/Tokyo | ONSITE | 3/6/12 months TRAINEE/INTERNS
We keep a group of trainees contributing on research projects and prototyping things we are curious about. Most of our staff are former trainees and this is our preferred way to find people that fit our mindset. If you are passionate about open-source aka free software and like one of our topics below, get in touch.
Current topics (http://www.nexedi.com/jobs):
About Nexedi: We are a small team from all over the world (headquarters in Lille, France) creating open source software since 2001. Our work is split between client and research projects with ERP5 (Enterprise software), SlapOS (Cloud Hosting), Wendelin (Big Data platform) and OfficeJS (HTML5 offline applications) being our main solutions around which we provide services. We all work with Chromebooks, our offices are paperless and we have no meetings = we hack.
Apply To: jobs(at)nexedi.com
#2 of 8Placemeter, New York & Paris, ONSITE, http://www.placemeter.com
Founded in 2012, Placemeter is an urban intelligence platform. We quantify the movement of modern cities, at scale, by using proprietary computer vision technology on live streams and archival video. We take privacy very seriously, designing our systems to yield useful data without identity detection.
We are a small team working on some seriously hard problems. We value everything that lets us move fast while keeping our code and design standards high - continuous integration, frequent deployment, great communication tools such as Slack.
Lead Engineer, Backend Operations, New York: http://grnh.se/gkawp2
Senior Frontend Engineer, Paris (Angular/Bootstrap/Node): http://grnh.se/3lkqcu
Senior Backend Engineer, Paris (Python/Django/MySQL/Cassandra): http://grnh.se/jt6ey0
#3 of 8SNIPS (FR) is looking for Data-scientists and Mobile Engineers (internships & fellowships possible)
At Snips, our goal is to put an artificial intelligence in every device, and create beautiful interfaces that blend seamlessly into our daily lives.
#AI #ContextAwareness #NLP #PredictiveModelling #iOS #Android #IoT #Reactive
To make this happen, we are assembling a team of passionate, creative people that strive to apply cutting edge research to real-world problems, building delightful products that also protect our privacy.
If you believe that AI can be beneficial, want to keep learning new technologies and actually make a difference with your work, then get in touch, we have something for you :-)
WHAT YOU GET
Curious? Check our job page for more details http://snips.net/jobs.html - or check our blog: https://medium.com/snips-ai - or jump straight into the process http://goo.gl/forms/unuxP6os3h
- A great place to work and experiment with your craziest ideas - An opportunity to apply cutting-edge technologies to solve real world problems - A team that is passionate, creative and at the top of their game - Cool office in the center of Paris, with great amenities (cafeteria, gym, game room, ...) - Above-market salary - Stock options plan with additional grants each year - Fully paid health insurance with the highest coverage - Fully paid lunches in delicious eateries around the office - Fully paid public transport card - Any hardware you need to GTD - Snips shoes and gears!
#4 of 8Zotero | Remote | Full-Time
Zotero is an open-source project that develops software and web services to help people collect, organize, cite, and share their research. Our software is recommended by universities worldwide and used by students, scholars, researchers, scientists, and many others.
We’re hiring for three positions:
- Full-Stack Developer
- Web Developer
- Product Designer
You’ll be part of a small team producing free and open-source software along with a vibrant global community. We meet periodically in person (conference room in Virginia, falafel joint in Paris, cafe in New York City), but you’ll primarily be working remotely, communicating with Zotero developers and users via chat rooms, forums, mailing lists, and GitHub. We have a highly collaborative but asynchronous workflow, and you’ll be in control of your own schedule. Our hours are flexible and variable: we might be debating a new feature at 1 p.m. or deploying a major upgrade at 1 a.m.
More info here: https://www.zotero.org/jobs
#5 of 8CardioLogs | Paris, France | ONSITE | Full-time | Front-End Engineer
CardioLogs Technologies is a startup created in 2014 at the interface between Health and Big Data industries. We develop and commercialise medical diagnostic support tools to health professionals. Our mission is to build an artificial intelligence able to detect cardiovascular diseases on electrocardiograms, to facilitate the diagnosis of patients.
Our stack includes Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, D3, PostgreSQL, Docker, AWS, git.
For more info, contact me at email@example.com.
#6 of 8CustomerMatrix | Paris, France | http://www.customermatrix.com | Full Time | ONSITE
Please apply directly on my email firstname.lastname@example.org or ping me on https://twitter.com/cssensei
#7 of 8SparkUp | Paris / Remote | Full-time |
We are hiring RoR + AngularJS engineers to grow our dev team from 4 to 6 ASAP. We'll be 12 by the end of next year.
SparkUp builds marketing automation tools for equity fundraisings. We recently raised a seed round and are close to ramen profitability, growing at x2/quarter and expanding internationally, in Europe this quarter and the States in 2016.
Please contact email@example.com (Cofounder) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Lead Dev)
(We are also hiring interns)
#8 of 8Ivizone | ONSITE | Full-time
At Ividata, we're building the next-generation of analytics tools for Retail. Our product Ivizone, combines big data processing with advanced algorithms, to allow retailers to optimize the performance of their stores, and create stronger relationships with their clients through direct communication.
By using wifi access points, Ivizone lets retailers measure the foot traffic in and around their stores, and engage users in real time with custom deals and offers direct to the customers' mobile devices.
Managers can then view performance metrics on a web-based dashboard, to optimize the storefront marketing, and see real-time impacts of their marketing campaigns.
* Manage and improve the data analysis of our Presence Analytics product, which helps count the foot traffic around stores using Wifi signals
* Create and deploy algorithms in Spark / Python
* Develop storytelling visualizations for clients using Tableau, D3, Excel, Python, R, or other Infographics
* Collaborate with the designer and potential clients to create visual storyboards
* Optimize the performance of the data analysis infrastructure
Technical Skills to have for this role:
* Working command of spoken and written English and French
* Strong programming ability in Python, and several other programming languages
* Comfortable with the Unix shell
* Knowledge and competence with Git Version Control
* R a plus
* Experience with Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Algorithms
* Ability to communicate complex abstract concepts clearly with a non-technical audience
* Able to deliver good results quickly, in a fast-paced environment.
* Passion about constructing a system from the ground up, to be used by large numbers of people
* Self motivation to learn all you can about a subject
* Resourcefulness to find solutions and workarounds when no apparent once exist. Get shit done by any means necessary
* Willingness to take complete ownership over your project
Please contact Sidney Burks at email@example.com with a recent CV, code sample and code repo if applicable.