#1 of 24Airtable — San Francisco, CA (ONSITE; FULL-TIME; INTERN)
Airtable's mission is to expand human productivity by letting people create tools to organize their world. Unlike single-purpose apps, we think of Airtable as a toolkit of building blocks that people can repurpose to create their own applications. Our product roadmap is filled with interesting enhancements and additions to this toolkit that will push the boundaries of Airtable's capabilities.
Our users love us: https://twitter.com/airtable/timelines/566728799115440128
We’re hiring engineers for web (JS, Node, React), iOS (Objective-C, Swift), and Android. There are 13 of us right now, with backgrounds from Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc. We believe in the power of highly motivated and capable individuals to accomplish great things in small teams, with end-to-end ownership of projects and rapid iteration.
We’ve raised over $10 million in funding.
You can email me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) or apply here: https://airtable.com/jobs
#2 of 24Blackcomb Software | Sarasota, FL Area | Full Time & Part Time | REMOTE , INTERNS
Blackcomb designs software to bring the multi-billion dollar HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), Plumbing, and Electrical industry into the next century. Our software and back office automation is being implemented at 3 of the largest HVAC companies in the US and we're continuing to develop new ways to transform this technologically ancient vertical.
- Full Stack Developer: We're primarily looking for someone with an eye for great user workflow design. We really appreciate people who understand what it takes to extend that to someone working in a sweltering attic to troubleshoot a customer's urgent issues. On the web front end, we're mainly vanilla JS and evaluating a switch to React / Redux. On the back end, we work with the .NET stack in C# (MVC, WebAPI, SQL, LINQ, Azure). Experience with Swift and iOS is a plus. If replacing cruft and repetitive tasks with smart software gets you as excited as we do, let us know you're interested: https://www.blackcombsoftware.com/jobs
- Customer Communication Designer: We think communication with homeowners is an extremely important and often overlooked aspect of of a well run HVAC company. We want to keep homeowners up to date and informed about the work being performed at their homes. To do that, we place an emphasis on generating timely, informative, and visually appealing communications. These communications go out in print and digitally through emails. If you've ever been frustrated by a lack of actionable and timely information from a service provider and know you could design something better, let us know: https://www.blackcombsoftware.com/jobs
#3 of 24Amsterdam, Netherlands | ONSITE | VISA SUPPORT | Booking.com - https://booking.com
Full-time, relocation to Amsterdam
Booking.com B.V., part of the Priceline Group (Nasdaq: PCLN), owns and operates Booking.com™, the world leader in booking accommodations online. Each day, over 850,000 room nights are reserved on Booking.com. The Booking.com website and apps attract visitors from both the leisure and business sectors worldwide. Established in 1996, Booking.com B.V. guarantees the best prices for any type of property, from small, family-run bed and breakfasts to executive apartments and five-star luxury suites. Independent accommodations are also specifically a focus of Villas.com, a sister site recently launched by Booking.com. Truly international, Booking.com is available in more than 40 languages, and offers over 660,360 properties in 212 countries.
There is lots of other positions http://grnh.se/y3bfed and INTERNS are also welcome!
#4 of 24San Francisco, Seattle, Cupertino (and other locations), FULL-TIME, INTERN, H1B
At Splunk, our goal is to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We help organizations and individuals make sense of data generated from a wide variety of sources and systems. This includes everything from traditional server logs to the immense volume of data generated by IoT devices.
One of my favorite use cases is using Splunk to analyze driving habits from the data gathered from Ford’s Open XC project. We were able to easily set up dashboards and see the differences between gas and electric car drivers. (http://www.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAJBW)
Whether it's cloud, core systems engineering, dev platform or anything in between, we likely have something for you. I personally work on cloud engineering in San Francisco, but I'm happy to answer questions about anything. Feel free to shoot me an email (in my profile), or comment here.
My team and I are currently looking for engineers that have experience with designing distributed systems and building cloud services (Splunk Cloud is built on top of AWS). Take a look at https://www.splunk.com/careers for more positions at all of our locations.
#5 of 24Localytics - Boston, MA - FULL-TIME, INTERN, H1B
* We provide app analytics and app marketing services for thousands of apps on over two billion devices
* We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston and were named one of the top places to work by The Boston Globe.
* We are passionate about and have deep expertise in the technologies we work with including: Rails, AngularJS, React, D3.js, Scala, iOS, Android, MapReduce, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Memcache, Redis, Spark, Column Store Databases, AWS: DynamoDB, S3, SQS, EMR, ElasticCache and EC2.
* We are one of the largest Scala shops in Boston and have a passion for functional programming. Many folks here who are in the credits for the FP in Scala book.
Check out our engineering blog: http://eng.localytics.com/ Please send inquiries to email@example.com
#6 of 24The Climate Corporation (San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis) Full time, INTERN - http://climate.com/careers
Climate is using Clojure to build weather and agronomic models to help farmers farm better.
====== Why I love it ======
– Climate is making a huge impact in the agricultural industry.
– I am surrounded by super smart people who all share an attitude of openness and mentorship.
– I work with some of the top scientists in the fields of climatology, agronomy, data science, and remote sensing.
– I build large-scale systems that process and serve trillions of pixels of satellite imagery.
– I release open-source Clojure software as part of my job.
===== Who we’re looking for =====
We're looking for engineers of all kinds! Check out http://climate.com/careers. We are also starting our intern search for next spring and summer!
===== How to apply =====
If you apply through this link you should get priority: http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?nl=1&k=Job&...
I am really excited about the work I've been doing, I am happy to talk about it in length. If you are interested, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#7 of 24WayUp (formerly Campus Job - YCW15) - https://www.wayup.com/joinus/ (ONSITE)
WayUp is the largest marketplace for college students to find part-time jobs, internships, and full-time entry level jobs for graduating students. Everyone remembers their first job. And now, we’re helping everyone get their first job. We democratize hiring by enabling all companies, no matter how big a recruiting team you have (or don't), to easily reach amazing students all over the country.
We are one of the quickest-growing companies from our batch, and we're growing out our engineering team and looking for great hackers who love getting features in the hands of users. We're absolutely obsessed with our users and making the experience of finding a job better, and you should be too. We're looking for all types of roles, including a senior engineering hire to help us scale:
- Senior Engineering Lead (Python, previous leadership experience - help us scale our team and develop great engineering processes)
- Back-end developer (Python/Django, excited to work with tools like Elasticsearch, Aloglia, Redis, etc.)
- Jr iOS developer
- Designer (UX/Graphic/HTML/CSS)
- Don't see what you're looking for? Reach out anyway!
We're based in New York City and we're tons of fun--we work with college students all day long :)
Come join us! https://www.wayup.com/joinus/
#8 of 24Elsen, Boston, MA: FULL TIME Software Engineer, INTERN
Elsen is building the next generation of market simulation software at the intersection of high performance computing, machine learning, and quantitative finance. We're a small, tight-knit team located in the finance district of downtown Boston.
We are looking for a software developer to help build out our infrastructure which is primarily written in Haskell, C, and Python. An expert knowledge of Haskell is not required, and we are primarily looking for quantitatively minded individuals with a strong familiarity with finance and the ability to implement these ideas in multiple programming languages.
Some things we look for in an candidate ( subset of the following ):
* Open source Haskell involvement ( candiates with strong Github profiles will be given preference )
* Understanding of Haskell web development and database libraries (postgresql-simple, aeson)
* Understanding of various parallelism techniques (threads, software transactional memory, GPUs, distributed computing)
* Deep understanding of statistics
* NumPy/SciPy/Pandas experience
* Experience with DSL design
* Overall fun-loving personality and good sense of humor
#9 of 24Sesh • Los Angeles, CA • ONSITE & REMOTE • Internship • Part-time • email@example.com
Sesh is looking for a technical intern to work and learn directly under our CTO.
A motivated self-starter with a passion for building quality products that help people and improve society.
You should be:
1. Familiar with web and mobile technologies. 2. Eager to learn and grow. 3. Someone who gets shit done.
Some of the tech involved: node.js, mongo, angular, objective-c.
Sesh is the Uber for life coaching. Our app connects users via live video with highly vetted life coaches who are experts at improving emotional wellness, habits, goals, and relationships.
We're already changing peoples' lives, as we get ready to come out of stealth. We are a strong team of technologists, entrepreneurs, and world-class investors/advisors; including the founder and CEO of Tinder.
Please contact CEO Jeremy Musighi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#10 of 24Invincea Labs | Arlington, VA / REMOTE / INTERNS | Multiple Positions https://www.invincea.com/employment/employment-invincea-labs...
Invincea Labs is a cyber-technology research and development organization based in Arlington, VA and is looking for talented technology professionals to join our exceptional team of researchers working on today’s and tomorrow’s toughest challenges.
Must be a US Citizen.
#11 of 24NEXEDI | Lille/Munich/Paris/Tokyo | ONSITE | 3/6/12 months TRAINEE/INTERNS
We keep a group of trainees contributing on research projects and prototyping things we are curious about. Most of our staff are former trainees and this is our preferred way to find people that fit our mindset. If you are passionate about open-source aka free software and like one of our topics below, get in touch.
Current topics (http://www.nexedi.com/jobs):
About Nexedi: We are a small team from all over the world (headquarters in Lille, France) creating open source software since 2001. Our work is split between client and research projects with ERP5 (Enterprise software), SlapOS (Cloud Hosting), Wendelin (Big Data platform) and OfficeJS (HTML5 offline applications) being our main solutions around which we provide services. We all work with Chromebooks, our offices are paperless and we have no meetings = we hack.
Apply To: jobs(at)nexedi.com
#12 of 24Klets | Eindhoven | ONSITE | INTERNS welcome too
Klets lets companies build better relationships with their customers by means of highly personalized instant messaging. https://klets.com
VP of Marketing / Communication. We're looking for an allround marketer with an interest in software technology. We're very early stage so you need to have an experimental and creative attitude. Think referral marketing, content marketing, or maybe even old-school B2B sales - together we find what works best and then double down on that.
Customer Support - At Klets, customer support is a key marketing position with direct influence on the shape of the product. Great customer support is how we get the necessary insights for our product's future, and it's how customers go from happy to extremely happy. Happy customers are the key to fast growth, so this position is key to our company.
We don't need you to be onsite fulltime, but one or two days a week would be nice.
Interns welcome! We happily turn one of these positions into a fitting internship or graduation project for the right candidate.
Apply on our own Klets page: https://klets.com/klets
#13 of 24iRobot | Bedford, MA (just outside of Boston, MA) and Pasadena, CA | Full-time and INTERNS | ONSITE
At iRobot (http://www.irobot.com) we make robots that truly help people. Our robots help people save time by cleaning for them, save hassle by being remotely present for them, and save lives by putting themselves in harm's way.
We have great work-life balance (including half-day Fridays during the summer so you can spend extra time with your family on Friday afternoons) and interesting problems to solve.
We blend cutting-edge research and practical engineering to build useful and affordable robots.
We're looking for smart people who are easy to work with. You should want to help people with products you create, but a robotics background is NOT required. (I had no robotics background when I started at iRobot.)
iRobot is looking for software engineers (firmware/embedded, iOS, cloud, robotics, etc.) as well as a bunch of other roles.
Check our jobs site for all positions: http://www.irobot.com/us/Company/Careers.aspx
Email me directly if you'd like to know more: csvec followed by the at sign and then irobot.com at the end.
Please email even if you're not sure if you're a match; I'm always happy to talk to other HN'ers!
PS: We have hired people from these "Who is hiring?" posts, thanks to HN for this service/forum.
#14 of 24Software Engineering Internship at CircleUp (Downtown SF) https://circleup.com
Hungry for an engineering internship with more than free food? Do you want to contribute to production code? Our small team size and focus on full stack development provides a great environment for you to solve real problems with Python/Django and AngularJS.
CircleUp is an online marketplace for private investing, striving to help entrepreneurs thrive. CircleUp was named a Top 5 Most Disruptive Company in Finance by CNBC and one of America's Most Promising Companies by Forbes. We are backed by top-tier investors like Union Square Ventures and Google Ventures.
You will be embedded on our development team in the tech-centric SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco. You will collaborate with designers and fellow engineers to deliver exciting new features to our marketplace. Through real-world problem-solving and constructive mentorship, this program is designed to set you up for success as a software engineer.
Visit https://circleup.com/jobs/software-intern/ to learn more or apply.
#15 of 24Fetch Robotics - http://fetchrobotics.com/ - San Jose, CA - Full Time / INTERNS
Fetch is a team of experienced engineers working on cutting edge mobile robotics.
We’re now very well funded and we’re looking for experienced and deeply talented people who want to solve real world problems.
-- Full Time
Front End Developer (React) - http://muse.cm/1igS8Yz
Application Engineer - http://muse.cm/1LS13fo
Robot Perception Engineer - http://muse.cm/1LIUxET
Robot Manipulation Engineer - http://muse.cm/1KprQ2y
Robot Navigation Engineer - http://muse.cm/1NVRWdh
-- Intern Positions
Hardware Intern - http://muse.cm/1RpGiqw
Software Intern - http://muse.cm/1kmH6le
We’ve got awesome robots, a disruptive price point and we're growing very rapidly. Simply put, we’ve built something that people want.
#16 of 24San Francisco, ONSITE, FULL-TIME, INTERNS
DoorDash - https://www.doordash.com/jobs/
We recently signed a partnership with Taco Bell, as well as opening our 18th market, Atlanta! We're now available in over 250 cities across the country, and we have a lot of open positions that we are looking to fill, both technical and non-technical, as we venture forward!
DoorDash is a technology company that enables on-demand delivery to empower local economies. We help small businesses grow, give underemployed people flexible work, and offer affordable convenience to consumers.
Our team is looking to grow with talented people who want to build much more than just a food delivery company. We operate a full stack delivery service: by partnering with merchants, onboarding our own drivers, and building our own logistics software, we're able to control the entire delivery experience to make it more efficient for everyone.
We're looking to expand the founding team with talented people who are excited about our mission to build out the world's first real-time logistics company.
#17 of 24Appfolio is looking to hire full-time and intern software engineers for onsite work in Santa Barbara and San Diego (Southern California). Visa assistance offered.
Appfolio builds modern business software. Instead of building a product that targets many types of companies, we build software products that target specific industries. We create all-in-one systems of record that automate and streamline everything for small and medium-sized businesses. We currently have two products in the marketplace, one serving Law Firms (http://mycase.com) and one serving Property Managers (http://appfolio.com)
This approach gives us many advantages over traditional makers of business software:
* By building the complete solution, we can deliver deep integration between disparate parts of the application. Our customers don't need to rely on IT staff to cobble together separate point solutions.
* Because we know the details of the business that we are serving, we can deliver a superior user experience over generic point solutions.
* As software takes over more and more of a company's interaction with its customers, we can provide this software in the form of web and mobile experiences, and ensure it integrates cleanly with our system of record.
#18 of 24JustWatch (Berlin, Germany) is always out for smart, entrepreneurial thinking INTERNS & working students ONSITE, especially:
- Backend Engineering (Golang, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Aerospike)
- Webapp Engineering (Angular, Ionic, Cordova)
- DevOps / Infrastructure engineering
- Campaign Management & Growth Hacking
- an intense learning culture with high degrees of autonomy and room for personal growth
- a sane development process with lots of code reviews and pairing
- great mentoring and regular feedback
- every two weeks is Dev Day, reserved for automation, simplification and tech talks
- we're early stage, bootstrapped, frugal and rather share the company with our employees than with VCs
- 6 founders, each with a solid track record, equity possible for any level
- B2C and B2B products with great traction already Come see us at: https://www.justwatch.com/us/talent
#19 of 24Citymapper. London, UK. (ONSITE VISA INTERNS)
Our mission: Make cities easier to use. We're reinventing the transport app for the world's most complicated cities.
Help build an award-winning app!
We are especially looking for people to be SUPER HEROES for their city. Plus a platform engineer who knows their way around AWS EC2.
More details at https://citymapper.workable.com/jobs/6641
All jobs at https://citymapper.com/jobs/
Contact me at emil at citymapper dot com
#20 of 24Berlin, Germany / Ally / Door2Door GmbH / http://www.allyapp.com
Want to build the emerging platform for mobility in cities?
The Ally team is growing and we are looking for colleagues in many areas, all experience levels. For example, we are actively seeking for a colleague to join as:
* Software Engineer, iOS
We do support VISA sponsorship for our ONSITE opportunities, including positions for INTERNS.
To apply or learn more about us: http://www.allyapp.com/team-jobs/
#21 of 24Location: SF Bay Area (or remote)
Company: www.compilerworks.com (the website alludes to our core technology ... it does not describe the product we are selling customers). atm we have big paying customer who are covering our development costs!
If you are curious, like difficult programming challenges and like working in Java (from intern level to senior devs) then shoot us a message at email@example.com
#22 of 24ClickTime | Site Reliability Engineer (SRE); Application Developer; Summer 2016 Interns | Onsite San Francisco | Full time; intern
We're ClickTime. We help businesses become more productive every day. Our time and expense tracking tools are used by thousands of companies worldwide.
We're a profitable, 30-person company going through an exciting stage of growth. For more information, visit www.clicktime.com/jobs; for questions, email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#23 of 24Talentry https://www.talentry.de/en/ | Munich/München, Germany | ONSITE
Talentry is building the future of employee referral programs with our SaaS offering. We have won customers among established german and international companies and solid financing.
* Senior UI/UX Designer
* Fronted Developer (Web, AngularJS)
* Various internships, check our website
Contact me directly: email@example.com
#24 of 24Maker In Residence — INTERN — @Sigfox. Paris, FR.
Build hardware PoCs showcasing the SIGFOX network. Real use cases, pure R&D, funny stuff .. Whatever.
Using the HW solutions from our partners : Adeunis, Atim, Atmel, Axsem, SiLabs, Telecom Design, Texas Instruments, ...
Skills i'm looking for
* A couple of hw projects references
* ability to do some basic web UI
* not afraid of trying new things
* not too dangerous with a soldering iron in hand
* writing skills
Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org --edited: formatting --