#1 of 3GrabTaxi | Singapore | Full Time ONSITE
GrabTaxi is a South East Asian startup that aims to transform the way 600 million people commute every day. We want to improve the safety and efficiency of our taxis by leveraging on advancements in GPS and mobile technology.
Our production scale is massive. We process hundreds of thousands of real time bookings a day, and when you push out new code, tons of people will use what you made. Operating at this level is hard but incredibly rewarding. As a leader in an exciting and fast-paced industry that is evolving daily, we are seeking talented engineers to join our team. You will specialize in building elegant products that bring our unique On-Demand Transport experience to millions of people, anytime and anywhere.
If you're interested please get in touch:
- Senior Mobile Engineer (Android / iOS) - Database Engineer/Lead - Security Engineer/Lead - Engineering Manager (Mobile / DevOps / Full Stack) - Director of Engineering (Mobile / Full Stack / Backend Payments)
- matias.singers [at] grabtaxi [dot] com (mention that you saw this on HN)
#2 of 3Spire Global - http://www.spire.com | Locations: Glasgow; San Francisco; Singapore | VISA OK | Onsite only
Spacecraft Operations Engineer | Network Operations Engineer | Platform Software Engineer
We have several positions open in Software, Hardware and Operations. Please visit our careers page to learn more:
Keywords: Satellites, Space, Linux, C, Python, embedded systems, RTOS, microcontrollers, AWS, electronics and hardware, distributed systems and networking, EE, PCBs, etc.
Overview: Spire is a nano-satellite powered data platform. We build and launch small remote-sensing cubesats to capture valuable data for weather prediction and Maritime domain awareness.
We are a fast moving, energetic start-up applying agile development principles to a traditionally sluggish and overly-burdened industry (and having fun doing it).
You will never be bored at Spire!
Please email Darin@spire.com if you are interested in learning more. Previous work in satellites not required.
#3 of 3CloudFlare https://www.cloudflare.com/ | San Francisco, CA; London, UK; Singapore, SG | VISA, ONSITE
CloudFlare is building a better Internet -- performance and security optimization at the edge. Our long term goal is to give every site the same performance, security, and reliability that major sites like Google and Facebook accomplish, without any specialized network hardware or complicated administration. We enhance over 2 million sites,
including this one. We're hiring for a variety of roles -- started 2015 at 128, over 210 now, and hope to end around 256; doubling again in 2016. This is a perfect time to join -- product market fit is established, but there's a lot of great engineering, product, sales, and support work to be done. We've publicly said we're profitable and on track for long term independent success.
You may wish to check out our blog to see the kinds of engineering work we do. (https://blog.cloudflare.com/).
https://www.cloudflare.com/join-our-team has a listing of positions.
We're always hiring for operations/SRE, sales, general systems engineering (mostly in Go, nginx, and network, as well as DNS at scale), and web development.
Specific roles we're keen to hire include:
0) Great operations/SRE staff: operating our system at scale (65+ datacenters around the world, 24x7 coverage, millions of sites) requires highly competent, hard-working, and communicative engineers.
1) Billing engineer -- someone to take the lead as we build a new billing system. Also hiring a billing PM. We're using a great YC company's billing product.
2) Great front-end engineers -- building new UI/UX to expose controls and data to customers is an increasing portion of what we do. Our current front-end stack is Backbone + Marionette with Browserify and Sass. Our new projects are using React + Redux + Babel + css-modules, and generally adopting Higher Order Components. We're also starting the process of re-imagining our main WWW Front-end stack with a migration to Redux.
3) Systems Engineer -- looking for people to help serve even more traffic, build infrastructure for security and robustness, and contribute back to open source projects. We make extensive use of nginx, lua/luajit, and ssl-at-scale.
4) "Prototyping engineers" -- people who want to prototype things in go (backend) through js frontend. We're adding a lot of new products in 2016, and people who love building the first prototype and pilot versions of these products make everything faster.
If you're interested, please apply through the https://www.cloudflare.com/join-our-team link.