#1 of 6Change Heroes | Vancouver, BC | http://changeheroes.com/ | Prefer ONSITE but REMOTE possible for the right candidate | CTO, Senior Backend Engineer
We're building the world's largest community of people taking action through giving. We scale person to person asks via video, thus helping charities fundraise better. Here's a dashboard showing our impact to date: http://dash.changeheroes.com/main.
We're currently hiring a CTO and a Senior Backend Engineer. Our stack is Java + Angular hosted on AWS. Our office is in Gastown in beautiful Vancouver, and we're hoping to find candidates that can be in the office, but if you're the perfect candidate, I'm sure we can work out a remote arrangement.
I couldn't find the CTO job posting, but I know we're hiring for that position. Here's the job posting for the senior backend engineer position: https://boards.greenhouse.io/changeheroes/jobs/125117
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at anuj  changeheroes.com. Also, please mention in your application that you found us via hacker news.
#2 of 6AXIOM ZEN | Vancouver, Canada | San Francisco | Santiago, Chile | FULL-TIME | ONSITE (visa assistance provided)
Axiom Zen is an innovation studio. We build products and teams that power successful businesses. The results of our craft are diverse, yet unified by a common purpose: to advance the world toward a bright and sustainable future.
- Polyglot Engineer (Go, Node.js) - http://grnh.se/8dseqk
- Front End Developer (JS, Angular) - http://grnh.se/vt2y78
- UI Web Developer - http://grnh.se/qu87bh
- iOS Developer (Obj-C, Swift) - http://grnh.se/y1rgvo
- Founders / Startup Veterans (CEO, COO, CTO) - http://grnh.se/ke7gnd
Didn't find what you're looking for? Check out our careers page: https://careers.axiomzen.co/apply
#3 of 6Go2mobi | Vancouver & Victoria, BC, Canada | ONSITE | Full-Time | http://go2mobi.com
We build advertising technologies that media buyers love. We're a tight-knit, hard working crew that are looking for Software Engineers and Data Scientists to research, build and improve our mobile advertising real-time bidding technology. We're using Go (Golang), RabbitMQ & Apache Spark to solve tough architectural and scaling challenges on services that handle over 500k requests per second.
If this sounds interesting to you, check out our job postings at http://www.go2mobi.com/careers and send your cover letter, resume and anything else you feel that exemplifies you as an engineer to email@example.com
#4 of 6AWS is hiring a lot of Technical Account Managers in the upcoming months!
Locations include Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Boston, Herndon, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver and Sao Paulo.
Job description, or PM me to learn more:
#5 of 6Vin65 (http://vin65.com) | Vancouver, Canada | Full Time | Onsite
We're wine eCommerce & POS company, thats been leading the space for over 5 years, we're looking to bring on a new Lead Developer to help push the bar forward, bring in some new technology.
You can apply: https://www.vin65.com/About-Us/Careers/Lead-Developer
#6 of 6Human API - Redwood City, CA & Vancouver, BC http://humanapi.co/ (onsite, visa)
== About us ===
We're a small, product-centric team focused on opening the world of health data. For us, life is all about moving fast, crushing hard problems, and enjoying the journey. Our investors include a16z, Eric Schmidt, Blue Run Ventures, Max Levchin, Scott Banister, and Alex Payne.
== What you will build ==
Human API is the easiest way to integrate health data from anywhere. Users can now securely share their health data with any application or system, regardless of how that data was recorded, processed or stored. As an engineer on our team, you’ll be involved in one or more of the following areas:
- Modeling clinical data --> organizing and normalizing the world of health data
- Developing and scaling structured APIs
- Scaling our ingestion platform and optimizing a multivariate rate limited system
- Data engineering and building tools for data science - NLP and Classification
- Powering platforms and tools for customers to build health apps
== Open roles ==
- Stream processing and unified log systems with Kafka, RabbitMQ, and zeromq
- Mongodb, Redis and Cassandra for data storage
- Data analysis with Spark or Python tools
- Building and scaling a modern infrastructure stack with Docker and Mesos
- Building consumer focused apps and/or developer focused tools
- Powering search with Elastic Search and related tools
You can read more about some of the open roles here: http://humanapi.co/company/join We'd love to hear from you even if you don't "fit" one of the job specs -- we hire for people not roles. firstname.lastname@example.org