#1 of 5Verdigris - Mountain View, CA - Full-time, VISA - Machine Learning, Devops, HR, Sales
Verdigris' mission is to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence.
We do advanced electricity metering and analytics for commercial buildings
Team: 16 - 4 business, 12 engineers
Investors: Jabil, Stanford, Founder.Org, Data Collective
Customers: WHotels, Intercontinental, Groupon, NRG, etc.
#2 of 5Addepar - Mountain View, CA; New York, NY; VISA
We are engineers rebuilding the infrastructure that powers global finance. Current technology in the space is broken and opaque; it enables scandals like Bernie Madoff to go on for a decade while $64 billion vanishes from the economy. We're building a platform around transparency and connectedness to encourage responsibility and reward good decision making.
We are currently on the lookout for a motivated security expert with in-depth knowledge of industry best practices to join our team. For more information please visit careers.addepar.com. Or email careers [at] Addepar [dot] com.
#3 of 5eShares (https://esharesinc.com/) – Mountain View, California – FULLTIME
We're looking for FULL STACK engineers to help us bring private corporation ownership tracking into the modern era. We're replacing the dead-tree versions of stock certificates and option grants with fully electronic versions.
Many of the other companies listed here are clients of eShares and we're getting a lot of exciting traction. You may have seen a blog post about a month ago about broken Cap Tables here on HN  - that's us!
We're growing rapidly, in terms of customers, revenue, and employees. We recently raised our Series A investment through Union Square Ventures and Spark Capital.
- Python / Django
- AWS / dev-ops
- SQL (PostgreSQL)
Financial background not required!
#4 of 5Khan Academy — Mountain View, CA (we also love interns, and remote is a possibility)
We're a small, non-profit tech startup bringing a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere. Here's a testimonial we received last week:
I just want to say thank you a billion times to Khan Academy. My Geometry midterm was this Tuesday. I was worried, because I barely passed my Algebra one last year. Enter Khan Academy. It was great practice, as they had a good amount questions where you had to manipulate on screen variables, rather than just answer multiple choice questions. This stood out to me, as my school gives tests with these types of questions and no other review site i found had them. We got our scores back, and I was the only person in my class that got an A. It's not really an "inspiring" story, but hey, I figured I'd share it anyway.
Mia might not think so, but her story does inspire and makes me happy to go to work here. Every month we get hundreds of letters like this from people in all walks of life who are thankful for our free, high-quality educational content. Most of you reading this are familiar with Sal's videos, but we also have hundreds of videos by other teachers, partnerships with organizations like MoMA and the California Academy of Sciences, and a huge library of interactive exercises. Over 20 million math problems are done every week on our site.
A few things we're currently working on building right now:
– Major improvements to our iOS app to let students practice skills on the go (or in a classroom with iPads!) 
– Improved knowledge models so we can better know what you know and don't know 
– Infrastructure improvements to make the site more reliable and faster for our millions of visitors every month 
– Better tools for our content creators to allow them to make thousands of engaging, interactive exercise problems without knowing how to code 
You'll be part of a small team working alongside both "celebrity" devs (like jQuery creator John Resig and Google's first employee Craig Silverstein) and many more who you haven't heard of but who are also really awesome.
We're especially looking for mobile designers/devs but we have a handful of other positions open -- take a look and see if anything suits you.
Apply at https://www.khanacademy.org/careers and mention that you're coming from HN. Feel free to ask me here if you have questions about applying or about KA in general. Unfortunately we can't sponsor visas right now unless you're from Canada, Australia, or Mexico.
#5 of 5Mutually Human - Grand Rapids, Michigan (on-site, full time)
We are a small team passionate about making people's lives better through software. We're looking to hire senior software developers and software designers at our office in Grand Rapids.
A little bit about us:
A little bit about Grand Rapids:
- We write custom software of all shapes and sizes for clients all over the US. - We aren't limited to any really specific set of technologies, which is a great opportunity to learn. In the past two years, I've worked with Python (Flask+SQLAlchemy), Objective-C (and some Swift), Backbone.js (inside PhoneGap), Angular.js (with CoffeeScript), QT, Node.js, and a good helping of Ruby and Rails. - We practice a sustainable pace. We recognize that we each have lives, activities, and families outside of work. Late nights and > 40 hour weeks are rare by design. Last year I worked an average of 40.408 hours per week. - We're agile, but not dogmatic about it. Our process evolves to suit our needs. We pair when it makes sense. - We offer competitive salaries, health/vision/dental insurance, quarterly profit sharing, retirement + match, weekly catered lunches, and a top-floor office with snacks, guitars, and your choice of standing or sitting desks. - We run a makerspace in our building (http://grmakers.com), which gives us access to lots of cool stuff like a laser cutter and 3D printers.
A little bit about you:
- 2.5 hours from Chicago and Detroit, less than an hour to the beach. - Lots of great beer. Founders Brewery (a mile from our office) has 3 beers in the Beer Advocate top 15. HopCat is a “World Class” bar on BA. Just look here: http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/city/43 - Low cost of living. I bought a nice house with a mortgage payment 30% lower than the rent of my 1 bedroom apartment in Mountain View. - A growing technology and startup community.
I'm a software developer on this awesome team. If you're interested, check out our website:
- You love making software, and you have a couple of years of experience building software with a variety of tools and technologies. - You learn new stuff quickly. You’ve used a lot of technologies, but you’re not afraid to use more. You have some experience with web or mobile tech. - You believe software is written for humans, not computers. - You want to come into work every day and enjoy the people you work with.
If you have any questions about our jobs or hiring process, feel free to drop me a line: