#1 of 3REMOTE or Portland, OR - simple.com/careers
Simple has many positions open across the company: Engineering (front end, back end, mobile), Ops, Data, Marketing, Product, more. Most of the positions are able to telecommute. Check out the list:
Because we're a bank, we are (alas) only able to hire US citizens.
#2 of 3Senior Frontend Engineer - REMOTE (UTC to UTC-8), San Francisco, Portland, Dublin
We're one of the oldest PaaS's out there, with support for PHP/Ruby/node.js on AWS. As a Frontend Engineer, you'll be working on our brand new UI - a single-page angular.js app.
The UI is served up by a lightweight node.js server that proxies to our core ruby api. We unit test with jasmine, and run our end-to-end tests in protractor. Through our "eybot" on slackhq, we deploy green CI builds to production multiple times a day.
The frontend engineering team at Engine Yard consists of 3 UI designers and 4 engineers (including myself). We're spread out across 8 timezones (Dublin through San Francisco), so experience working in a distributed team is key.
* Rewrite our trial experience so it doesn't suck as much * Build support for customers to deploy docker containers * Convert the UI to CommonJS modules via browserify * Create near-realtime visualizations for server monitoring * Integrate 6to5 into our build system so we can use ES6 * Learn to homebrew, or at least talk about how you want to
Must haves (seriously, these are essential filters):
* Competitive salary * Full medical, dental and vision benefits * 25 paid days off per year (15 PTO, 2 floating, 8 holidays) * 401(k) * We take care of your phone bill * Paid travel to conferences * Top of the line Macbook Pro
Great to have:
If you're interested and meet all the "must haves", shoot me an email at email@example.com
* Somewhere between UTC-5 and UTC-8 * Thorough understanding of git * Experience building REST apis * Experience with multiple languages (and an understanding of their tradeoffs) * Experience with agile development * Previously worked at a startup
#3 of 3Notion - Portland, OR - Full-stack Developer http://usenotion.com
Notion is a new company in Portland, OR that’s dedicated to changing the way people use data to make decisions.
You’re ready to be a key player at a startup using the latest in front-end and backend technologies to provide better insights for workers like us to make better data-driven decisions when building products, systems, and businesses. We think there is a huge opportunity for teams to leverage the data they already have and we’re ready to provide the fast-paced, forward-thinking environment you’ve been dreaming of.
Come join our startup team with a track record of success to create your perfect future.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
Be a leader of product development. We believe design and engineering coexist side-by-side, so you’ll work closely with us on user experience, design, and technology – not just on technical feasibility, but creative possibilities. This is your opportunity to create an amazing product and see it grow beyond even what we can imagine.
A generalist that loves the details. You love front-end development, but are just as comfortable server-side. You believe in writing maintainable, performant code. You believe in tests and testing. You see the web as just another client and want to push the limits of what’s possible. You know what it takes to scale a team, and you're interested in sharing your knowledge to help make that happen.
Love a challenge. Embrace risk. We know startups aren’t for everyone, and so do you. We don’t have to put in 80hr work weeks, but you know that fixing that last bug matters and means a huge win for our latest customer; that we’ll try a lot of new things and some will work, some will not; that we’re building the best team you’ve ever been a member of.
* Confidence in designing clean, intuitive APIs and useful abstractions
* Worked with REST APIs and comfortable with the whole request / response lifecycle.
* Strong understanding of JQuery and DOM manipulation techniques
* Experience developing complex applications
* Experience integrating data from third-party APIs
* Expert debugging skills
* Awareness of security topics and an interest in building secure solutions
Here are some “nice-to-haves”:
* Exposure to true agile methodologies
* Familiarity with automated build tools and Continuous Integration
* Understanding of what it takes to implement an application with cross-browser support
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org