#1 of 4Operational Results | email@example.com | Salt Lake City, UT
We're looking for a full-time frontend developer to join our team of 4 in building our Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) analytics application. We're a small company that has made its money over the past 10 years by doing traditional S&OP consulting, and now we're taking that experience and pivoting to becoming a product-based SaaS company.
Our company name is boring and our website looks like a stodgy consulting company (because, let's face it, that's what we've been until now). But we're coming up with a new name and an entirely new brand (something more befitting of a tech company), and we've got a really awesome product that is already used by several $1B+ companies and is changing the way they think about S&OP.
Our tech stack is quite exciting: AngularJS on the frontend (which is most relevant to this job posting), Ruby on Rails, Postgres, and Elasticsearch on the backend.
We pay quite well, fully pay for health insurance on a low deductible plan (no monthly premiums for you), and have a great vacation/time off policy. Our team is smart and fun to be around.
Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like more info!
#2 of 4Anonyome.com - https://www.anonyome.com/careers.php - Salt Lake City, Utah Also hiring in the Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
We are hiring interns and full-time engineers. Even marketing people. We are a "stealth startup" with a healthy amount of funding.
dwilkins[at]anonyome.com if you have questions.
#3 of 4Salt Lake City, UT - Lucid Software (http://www.golucid.co)
Lucid Software is building world class graphical applications in the browser and on mobile devices. Our first product, Lucidchart (http://www.lucidchart.com), is an online diagramming application with 2M+ users. We recently launched our second product, Lucidpress (http://www.lucidpress.com), which is an online layout and design application.
Lucid is a startup founded by Karl Sun, a former Google exec, and Ben Dilts, our CTO. We're profitable and rapidly growing in every dimension of the business and need people to join our team. For fun we raft river rapids on company retreats, have Friday BBQs, and eat lots of pizza. Talent and ability to learn are more important than specific skills.
BACKEND SOFTWARE ENGINEER (all experience levels) - Lucidchart and Lucidpress run with various decoupled services in a Linux environment using Scala, MongoDB, AWS, and MySQL. At Lucid your responsibilities would include enhancing existing services, building new services, integrating with 3rd party applications and ensuring services are highly available, secure, and scalable. Requirements: - Talent - BS degree Recommended experience: - Building large products / applications - Scala or Java - MySQL or other relational database - NoSQL databases - Cloud computing (AWS) Apply here: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?aj=oa2cZfw7&s=Hacker_News
#4 of 4Senior Python Data Scientist and Senior Software Engineer - Recursion Pharmaceuticals
Question for you: What's the most challenging, most impactful set of data problems you could be working on?
We’re a small and fast-growing biotech startup with an amazing set of advisors including the Broad’s Anne Carpenter, and we're using high throughput genetic perturbation experiments in human cells, automated image segmentation and quantitation of hundreds of features for every cell, and machine learning and statistics to find new treatments for rare genetic diseases faster than anyone has previously thought possible. If that sounds like a lot of biology, don’t worry—you’ll be up to speed in a week or two. Just know this: there are more than 5,000 rare genetic diseases, in total affecting more than 10 million people in the US alone, and only a handful are treatable. We aim to find treatments for 100 of them in the next 10 years. See who we are at http://www.recursionpharma.com/team
We’re looking for exceptional computational scientists to help lead our analysis efforts, with the following criteria:
- Native-level fluency in probability, statistics and modeling; several years of experience in statistics, machine learning, and software development solving problems using lots of data, ideally using python’s scientific stack; thorough understanding of fundamentals of machine learning such as cross-validation and learning curves, plus an ability to explore new types of data independently and get an effective guess as to what sorts of models and assumptions make sense as a starting point.
- A track record of outstanding projects, publications, or presentations that demonstrate successful application of the above talents.
- Motivation to tackle some of the most challenging data problems around, to work with other sharp and highly-motivated individuals with diverse backgrounds, and to make lots of patients’ lives dramatically better.
- Biology background not required; intellectual curiosity and motivation to learn is critical.
- Key tools and skills (not all required): python, machine learning, sklearn, ipython, data science, pandas, interactive analysis, linux fluency, bioinformatics (definitely not required)
More details and how to reach us: http://www.recursionpharma.com/lead-python-data-scientist.ht...
More openings including software engineering roles: http://www.recursionpharma.com/careers.html
Recursion Pharmaceuticals is based in Research Park at the edge of the mountains overlooking Salt Lake City, Utah. Gorgeous hiking/running/biking is literally out our back door, and it's half an hour to 5 top ski resorts.