#1 of 9Unata (Toronto) - Full-time
Unata (unata.com) is a VC-backed, Toronto-based startup in the enterprise retail space. We are building the retail experience of the future. We work with large retailers to power their digital experiences, while personalizing each shopper’s content and offers based on their purchase history. We’re connecting the physical shopping experience with the best of the digital world. We are growing fast and need to scale our core product team. We are looking for the roles below.
Backend: Python (Flask, SQLAlchemy, Celery, Numpy, Pandas), PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Jenkins CI, Redis, Memcached, CentOS
Frontend (including Mobile): Angular.js, Sass, Grunt
- Back-end developer - Python experience, intermediate/sr, understanding of service-oriented architectures (more info > bit.ly/1ExBxbe)
- Data Science developer - Application development experience, machine learning knowledge & experience, , (more info > bit.ly/1ExBD2l)
- QA developer - Test automation, development experince, process minded, familiarity with CI systems like Jenkins, (more info > bit.ly/1ExBCLR)
Why you should work for us:
- Competitive compensation and stock options, comprehensive health benefits, flexible paid vacation
- Relaxed work environment in downtown Toronto (King & Bathurst), Work-from-home-Wednesdays, fun company activities
- Opportunity to make a big impact in digital retail! Your work will be seen and used by millions of retail customers!
#2 of 9Primate Labs | http://www.primatelabs.com/ | Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Come and influence the direction of one of the world's most popular benchmarks. Primate Labs is looking for a skilled software developer to join us and contribute to Geekbench. As a developer working on Geekbench, you will help design and develop future versions, as well as maintain the current version of the Geekbench application.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop and characterize workloads for future versions of Geekbench. You'll also work on features that will be included in the cross-platform core of Geekbench.
We're looking for someone with the following background. These points aren't meant to be hard-and-fast requirements, but should give you an idea of the work you'll be doing at Primate Labs:
- BA/BMath/BSc in a technical field (or in lieu of a degree, equivalent experience).
- Extensive experience with C++ and the STL.
- Experience with at least one of: Java, Objective-C, Python, Ruby
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and proactive.
- Basic understanding of processor architectures.
- Experience with C++11.
- Experience writing cross-platform code.
- Experience with CUDA, Metal, OpenCL, OpenGL, or RenderScript.
- Experience with code optimization and profiling tools (e.g., Instruments, VTune).
- Competitive salary and vacation time.
- Medical and dental benefits.
- Flexible work hours.
This is a full-time employment position in our Toronto, Ontario office. Interested? Send your resume and any other relevant information about your background or work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#3 of 9QUESTRADE INC. | INTERMEDIATE & SENIOR FRONT END ENGINEERS | TORONTO, CANADA
Questrade is a rapdily growing financial service firm in Canada. Our mission is to help Canadians achieve financial independence by offering our clients with great investment products, cutting edge technologies, and quality customer service throughout. We offer self-directed trading platforms for Do-It-Yourself Investing, as well as professionally managed portfolios at ultra-low fees.
---- ABOUT THE POSITION ---- In a nutshell, the Senior Front End Engineer will see through the full software development life cycle at Questrade; from requirement-gathering, design and development, to implementation of both small and large-scale projects. You will collaborate with our user interface team, our back-end engineers, and other front-end engineers to design and develop functionally rich, robust, and user-friendly web and mobile applications, as defined by business requirements.
---- ABOUT YOU ---- In a nutshell, you have hands-on and proficient knowledge of web technologies (such as (such as HTML, CSS3, jQuery, AngularJS, SASS and Node.JS), system environments (Windows and Mac OS X), and tools (MS Visual Studio, Subversion, JIRA), as well as a strong understanding of OOP programming and MVC architecture. You have experience with tools like JSPerf and JSFiddle for performance testing and prototyping, as well as a demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
Wanna know more? Check out this and more of our 30+ opportunities: http://www.questrade.com/why-questrade/careers
#4 of 9Wild Apricot - Toronto, Canada - Full time http://wildapricot.com
Wild Apricot is an industry leading SAAS membership and event management system for small to medium sized organizations. We're self-owned, been in business for 8 years, and are growing year on year.
We're hiring for a --KICK-ASS SALES ENGINEER/REPRESENTATIVE--
We didn't have a sales function at all previously and as we build this "team" we're hiring our first sales representative.
Why "Sales Engineer"? Because I don't believe in "the Sales guy" that doesn't know the product and relies on sales-support.
- You should understand SAAS systems, and be a great communicator.
- We're looking for the perfect candidate; a balance between tech skills, as well as communication skills.
If you think you might be right for the role, please include HackerNews in the subject line and send an email to: email@example.com
For the full details of the role see: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/27455587 -- for consideration please follow the instructions and don't apply through LinkedIn
#5 of 9http://500px.com, Toronto Downtown, Fulltime
500px is a photo community for premium photography. Every month, millions of people use the 500px.com website and mobile apps from around the world to find the world’s most inspiring photography.
We value small teams, engineering-friendly culture, beautiful design and getting shit done. Our technology stack includes: RoR, Go, Backbone/Marionette, Elastic Search, Kafka, Chef, AWS, Hadoop, Python for Machine Learning. Check out https://github.com/500px.
We are looking for:
What we offer:
- Senior Web Developers to help us solve scalability challenges, build beautiful UI/UX, implement machine learning and vision solutions. - Senior Mobile Developers to help us build 500px mobile products for capturing, editing, licensing and enjoying beautiful photos
Apply here: http://500px.com/jobs
- competitive salaries - flexible work hours - unlimited vacation - free lunches - medical insurance - computer/laptop of your choice
#6 of 9Venn - http://venn.lc - REMOTE / VISA - Toronto, Canada
We're a startup minded agency focussed on building awesome applications in Ember with a Rails (default), Python (machine learning), or Golang (web crawlers) backing.
We are not just working on client work, but our own projects as well. We created and are maintaining http://emberui.com/ which is our first big open source project and we're also working on a ambitious in house startup.
We're in a spot where client work is really picking up, but we're uncertain of how long the work will last and we cannot commit to a long term steady income. I know that part sucks, but we are also interested in finding someone to share a really meaningful amount of the company see our vision here: http://blog.venn.lc/hello/ and we're also willing to do the leg work to get you over to Toronto by the time you make partner.
What you are:
* Proficient in one or more of Go, Ruby/Rails, Python.
* An excellent communicator.
* Excited to move to Toronto (eventually).
* A person with taste, that finishes things. Please link to Github account and finished projects.
* Proficient or building proficiency in one of these things: frontend development (ideally with Ember), or machine learning / data analysis (ideally in Python), or dev ops.
* Creative in some way (photography, art, design, sculpture, etc). Send links in the email as well.
We will pay above your local market rates, with the ultimate goal of getting you to Toronto in a full partnership role.
This is not an appropriate position for junior developers.
#7 of 9Uken Games in downtown Toronto
Uken is looking for talented developers to help us build amazing mobile games. In particular, we have positions available for:
Help us scale our backend to enable a million concurrent players by creating the infrastructure and services (SOA) that underly all of our games. Primary tech is Rails and MySQL, but you'll be working with many more such as Docker, Redis, NSQ, websockets, Hadoop, Spark and InfluxDB.
We are one of the largest independent game studios in Canada, with hundreds of thousands of players a day across mobile and Facebook.
More info including full job postings at http://uken.com
#8 of 9Unite - Los Angeles, Toronto, Prague - Fulltime or Interns - http://unite.io
We're a stealthy startup looking for engineers to join our small and highly skilled team in our offices in Los Angeles, Toronto or Prague. We are building a global data marketplace, with a focus on advertising industry. We are growing incredibly fast — our servers handle 2000 requests per second and manage more than 700 million users (yes, that's 20% of the internet).
Feel free to ping me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#9 of 9InteraXon (https://choosemuse.com) - Toronto - Full time - Machine learning expert, C++/Firmware developer, cloud developers
InteraXon makes Muse, the brain-sensing headband, and Calm, a neurofeedback app. Check them both out at https://www.choosemuse.com.
We have a bunch of interesting of positions we're hiring for, such as:
- C++ Software Developer - Python Developer - Firmware Developer - Advanced Machine Learning Researcher - Mechanical Designer - Software Test Engineer
All positions are listed here: https://interaxon.theresumator.com