#1 of 4ProctorFree | http://proctorfree.com/careers | Full-Time | SysAdmin/DevOps | Charlotte Area, North Carolina OR anywhere in the world (Remote)
ProctorFree is revolutionizing the way students take tests. We let students take tests from any location and on any device, while giving educators piece of mind that the student is who they say they are. We combine next generation face recognition technologies with battle tested cloud applications to create a turnkey solution for online test taking.
- Proficient with ops automation (Chef, Puppet, Docker, Ansible, etc)
- Proficient with AWS (EC2, Route53, S3, ELB, JIRA, Git, RDS)
- Having Java dev skills is extra icing on the cake
About our stack:
- Java SpringMVC
- Java Hibernate ORM/MySQL/Postgres
- Visual C++
- HTML/CSS/jQuery on the frontend
- JIRA Confluence + Bamboo CI
- AWS infrastructure
Contact me at mbesto AT gmail or info @ proctorfree
#2 of 4Conclusive Analytics - Charlotte, NC - Full-time - http://www.conclusiveanalytics.com/
We're a small and growing company looking for people with a passion for big data who love to solve difficult/fun problems for our clients. We're always looking for great database developers, data scientists, visualization analysts, and anyone with a passion for big data analytics. Here are a few job postings:
Data Scientist/Data Miner: http://www.conclusiveanalytics.com/career-opportunities/data...
Data Visualization Analyst: http://www.conclusiveanalytics.com/career-opportunities/data...
Database Developer: http://www.conclusiveanalytics.com/career-opportunities/data...
Being a small company, your daily job will not be defined by your job title, and you will get to learn something new every day. We develop in Linux and Windows, HP Vertica and SQL Server, and other languages & platforms like R, Python, SAS, DataFlux, or whatever we think is best at getting the job done. We offer competitive pay & benefits, a pool table, lots of white boards, and a great team of smart and fun coworkers.
Come join us! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
#3 of 4Socialserve.com -- Charlotte, NC -- remote within continental US
We want another Python web developer to join our ranks! We're a 501(c)(3) non-profit technology company making software to benefit people in need, governments, and other non-profits. We're growing our team to match the growing demand for our products and services.
We're a small team that enjoys programming and takes pride in our craft. We curate a flexible, no-nonsense environment where you can get work done. We love open source software like Linux, PostgreSQL, and Asterisk.
We're typically most impressed by candidates who have:
* A desire and talent for solving problems with software
* Solid written and verbal communication skills
* The ability to work well with customers and users
* A breadth of software development experience (not necessarily with Python)
* Experience with SQL and the relational model
* Familiarity with web standards and technologies
We'd love to hear from you. Please send a résumé to email@example.com or read more at http://www.socialserve.com/jobs/.
This is an FTE position only, and only for people with a legal right to work in the US (e.g. no H-1Bs), sorry. No recruiters, job boards, etc. please.
#4 of 4Socialserve.com -- Charlotte, NC, USA
We are seeking a top-notch senior systems administrator who is ready to help us with all our IT needs, everything from desktop support to server provisioning to helping plan our long-term IT strategy.
Socialserve.com is a technology-driven non-profit in Charlotte, NC providing hosted web applications for users and organizations all over the USA. We use OS X on our desktops and Linux on our servers. We rely on and love to use open source software, including Python, Git, PostgreSQL, and Asterisk.
We're looking for someone who:
* Is looking for a full-time, on-site staff position in Charlotte, NC
* Is a friendly person and a good communicator
* Excels at planning and independent problem solving
* Is willing to wear a number of hats in a small business
* Will take responsibility for IT projects big and small
* Loves to automate his/her job and has the ability to do it, including mastery of shell scripting and at least intermediate experience with some other programming language(s)
* Has extensive experience with Linux administration including configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance
* Has a firm grasp of TCP/IP networking
In return we offer you an easy-going, productive environment at a non-profit with a minimal amount of bureaucracy and friendly, interesting coworkers. You'll have a lot of freedom to solve our problems your own way, which will give you plenty of opportunities to learn new technologies and expand your skills. We want to give you what you need to succeed and get out of your way.
If this sounds good to you, let's talk! Please send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, or read more at http://www.socialserve.com/jobs/.
This is an FTE position only. Sorry, we will only consider candidates with a legal right to work in the United States who are able to work on-site in our office in Charlotte, NC, USA. No contractors, no recruiters, please.