#1 of 1Gracenote: Emeryville, CA (SF Bay Area) - Full time, No remote, relocation possible, NO visa sponsorship possible.
Gracenote is the top provider of entertainment information, creating industry-leading databases of TV, movie, and music metadata for entertainment guides and applications. Our technology serves billions of requests daily to hundreds of millions of devices around the world.
Interested in working on crawlers and distributed systems? Interested in functional languages like Clojure and Scala? Gracenote is hiring for several positions (junior and senior).
You’ll be working a set of crawlers responsible for discovering, acquiring and storing data and applications that make use of that data.
If interested email me at this username at company. No 3rd parties, no recruiters please.
- Write well-designed, well-tested code that performs well
- Design, implement, and own new systems – from design to operations
- Occasional on-call operations / support
- Reduce technical debt in existing systems (refactoring, testing…etc)
- Proactively look for ways to make our software more scalable, reliable and fun
- Help change the way we think about solving problems
- Strong background in Java, Ruby, Python or another OO language
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack
- Familiarity with a variety of (relational and non-relational) databases/data stores
- Experience with AWS (or another infrastructure platform)
- Experience with web crawling, scraping
- Experience with Clojure, Scala, Hive, or Go
- Experience with functional programming, functional architectures
- Experience with data processing architectures with Kafka, Storm, or Spark.
- Experience with ZooKeeper, etcd or similar
- Experience with Chef
- GitHub repo / Open Source