#1 of 4Collective Health, ( http://collectivehealth.com/ ), San Mateo, CA (Full time, on-site only)
We're disrupting the employer-sponsored healthcare industry (our favorite analogy is how Tesla tackles several verticals at once, such car makers, dealers as well as the oil industry).
We can lower both the first and second derivative of the rising health care cost curve, nationwide. There's some compelling evidence for it, if you'd like to chat.
Our tech stack is a mix of Go and Java components with Angular on the front end. We use a custom service bus to tie our SOA together, microservices style. We love docker, postgres, riak, automated testing, and continuos integration.
As a company, we're strong believers in transparency, trust and balance. As an engineering team, we believe good code is easy to read and should have a short "time to understanding". We expect all of our engineers to continually teach as well as learn. We also believe that everyone should write good code, yet balance that against the need to ship.
The company just a year old, so early enough for non-trivial equity. Despite that we punch above our weight-class with experienced founders, 40+ team members (~ one quarter is engineering), and paying customers.
We've got a ton of interesting problems to solve around distributed systems, data analytics and predictions, system reliability, security, privacy and more. We're looking for experienced SW engineers up and down the stack, front end, back end, infrastructure, data, dev ops, test, generalist, etc.
We're super proud of the company mission, engineering culture and tech stack we've put together and would love a chance to explain it all in detail!
#2 of 4Exabeam - Platform Engineer - San Mateo, CA - Full-Time
You will be responsible for designing and implementing a brand new data processing system to detect advanced security threats using the latest stream processing and machine learning techniques. As part of the founding team you will have the opportunity to define and work in various areas of the platform including data ingestion, data processing, algorithm design, machine learning, reporting, visualization, etc. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to all aspects of product definition and system architecture. You are a strong software engineer who is passionate about large-scale systems. You care about producing clean, elegant, maintainable, robust, well-tested code; you enjoy collaborating with others to come up collectively with the best possible solution. You have experience with performance, scalability, and reliability issues of large 24x7 systems.
• Design and develop various platform components using latest technologies and coding in Scala.
• Experience in Scala or other functional programming languages (Haskell, Scheme, Lisp, Ocaml, F#). Alternative deep Java expertise and strong desire to learn Scala.
• Strong Object-oriented experience, for example in Java, Scala, Ruby, or C++.
• Experience building complex systems with high performance, scalability and reliability requirements
• Experience with distributed data processing system (Akka, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Shark, Hadoop, others.)
• B.S. in Computer Science or related disciplines.
Contact: ziad [AT] exabeam [DOT] com
#3 of 4Exabeam - Platform QA Engineer - San Mateo, CA - Full time
As a Platform QA Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design and develop test frameworks that will exercise the functionality of the Exabeam Big Data Security Analytics platform. You will play a key role in developing strategy, tools, processes, and frameworks to test individual modules, as well as the complete platform.
We expect you to have a strong background in building test frameworks for large-scale backend server platforms. You will also be expected to have a strong background in software quality assurance methodologies and processes.
• Creatively design and develop innovative testing frameworks that will test the functionality of our platform as a whole and at a module/component level.
• Analyze and report on test results that our team can use to ensure the quality of the platform. Improving the efficiency, reliability, and stability of the platform.
• Collaborate with other engineers, providing testing insights and coming up with innovative solutions to improve and ensure the quality of our platform
• Configure and deploy server test environments on physical hardware and cloud based server instances.
• Strong experience in building test frameworks • Strong experience in setting up and working in Linux server environments • Strong working knowledge of software quality assurance methodologies and be well versed in the various types of tests • Outstanding problem solving, logic, and analytical skills • Extremely organized in keeping track and documenting testing progress and results • Terrific communication/interaction skills to collaborate and work well as a member of the engineering team
Contact: ziad [AT] exabeam [DOT] com
#4 of 4Datanyze - System and Software Engineer - San Mateo, CA
Jon from Datanyze here. If you have any interest in owning a new product from start to finish, read on...
We just returned from Hawaii where we were working for a week to celebrate a huge revenue milestone. Fresh off of a $2M round from amazing investors, including Google Ventures, Mark Cuban and IDG Ventures, we recently began developing a new product and want someone amazing to join an all-star team and take ownership of this new part of our business.
We want someone who can tackle big problems, think on a high level and have a major impact on our business. Want to hear more? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Hacker News!
P.S. we're also hiring for all product, engineering and sales positions - ask me for details!