#1 of 11Top Hat - tophat.com - Toronto, Ontario
We're a profitable (and valley VC funded by some of the best funds in the valley) education startup that helps make class more engaging. We've got some really cool problems to work on and your work would be impacting a huge number of students daily.
Our dev team is in Toronto but we've also got an office in San Francisco so if you're really good we would be open to having someone work from there. If you're not based in Canada or the US but are willing to relocate feel free to contact us, because we do cover relocation expenses and will help you manage the work permit process.
Send your resume/github account to mike at tophat dot com.
#2 of 11Where: Toronto, Canada, no remote workers. We all sit on the trading floor.
You must be eligible to work in Canada.
Who: K2 and Associates. We're one of Canada's more successful hedge funds over the past 13 years.
----------------------------- What you'll do -----------------------------
You will help build out the statistics pipeline and machine learning models to power an algorithmic trading infrastructure.
You'll build hidden Markov Models to detect patterns in the equities markets.
1. Build models
2. Back test models
3. We're lucky enough to have already figured out what step 3 is, apply your models in the markets.
----------------------------- Who you are -----------------------------
You are a statistician or speech recognition expert who can turn a model into working code.
You are comfortable with any programming language, you can model in what ever language you like.
----------------------------- What's in it for you... -----------------------------
- a hedge fund is just like a startup except that everyone gets a market salary and bonuses. If' you've always wanted to join a startup but you're too good/in demand to take a pay cut then let's chat.
- get paid to learn algorithmic trading
- be able to invest in our fund
- onsite chef for lunches
If you love a challenge please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or my email in my profile.
#3 of 11http://500px.com, Toronto Downtown, Fulltime
500px is a photo community. Every month, millions of people use the 500px.com website and mobile apps to find and engage with the world’s most inspiring photography.
We value small teams, engineering-friendly culture, beautiful design and getting shit done. Our technology stack includes: RoR, Go, Backbone/Marionette, Elastic Search, Kafka, Chef, AWS, Hadoop, Python for Machine Learning. Check out https://github.com/500px.
We are looking for:
What we offer:
- Senior/Intermediate Web Developers to help us solve scalability challenges, build beautiful UI/UX, improve search and rating algorithms, implement machine learning and vision solutions. - Senior/Intermediate Mobile Developers to help us build 500px iOS and Android mobile products for capturing, editing, licensing and engaging with beautiful photography.
Apply here: http://500px.com/jobs
- hard technical challenges - competitive salaries - flexible work hours - unlimited vacation - free lunches - medical insurance - computer/laptop of your choice
#4 of 11Full Stack Developer | Toronto, Canada | Cossette
The Full Stack Developer will build incredible digital experiences for our clients, leveraging current and emerging technologies to bring those experiences to desktops, devices and displays. This role will report into to the Director of Strategic Technology.
• Experience with relational databases like MySQL or Postgres, and NoSQL databases like Mongo or Cassandra.
• Experience integrating with third-party APIs, systems and developing RESTful services
• Version control and issue tracking (We use GitHub)
• Experience working closely with creative teams and a believer in the Art/Copy/Code model
• Able to produce rapid prototypes, proof of concepts and production ready applications equally well
• Experience with continuous deployment, cloud based environments and general DevOps tools is a definite plus
• Mobile development experience or an interest in mobile development is a plus
• A GitHub account with some code in it
• Some URL’s or Apps we can see
#5 of 11Java/GWT developers | Nightingale Informatix | Toronto (Markham), Canada
WHO IS NIGHTINGALE? Nightingale built and operates the largest cloud-based EMR (electronic medical record) solution in Canada. We serve the needs of primary care practices, multi-physician outpatient clinics, and large scale regional health organizations and networks in Canada and the US.
DO CANDIDATES HAVE TO BE FAMILIAR WITH ALL OF THOSE TECHNOLOGIES? No. Although, the more you know, the better. We would expect some enterprise Java experience for example, but GWT is a niche skill. A demonstrated ability to learn is valued.
WHAT EXPERIENCE LEVEL ARE WE HIRING FOR? We are looking for entry level, intermediate and senior developers.
LINKS, where you can APPLY:
#6 of 11Unite - San Francisco, Toronto, Prague - Full time or Interns - http://unite.io
We're a startup looking for engineers to join our small and highly skilled team in our offices in Toronto and Prague, or a new office in San Francisco. We've built a perfect platform to put the industry’s most powerful advertising technology in the hands of small entrepreneurs and people like you. Our goal is to provide independent sellers with more traffic and better conversion rates to power their online sales.
We are growing incredibly fast — our servers handle 2000 requests per second and manage more than 700 million user profiles (yes, that's 20% of the Internet).
Feel free to ping me anytime at email@example.com.
#7 of 11Uken Games in downtown Toronto
Uken is looking for talented developers to help us build amazing mobile games. In particular, we have positions available for:
Help us scale our backend to enable a million concurrent players by creating the infrastructure and services (SOA) that underly all of our games. Primary tech is Rails and MySQL, but you'll be working with many more such as Docker, Redis, NSQ, websockets, Hadoop, Spark and InfluxDB.
The best people make the best games. You will own the entire talent management function, including recruitment, retention, and growth.
We are one of the largest independent game studios in Canada, with hundreds of thousands of players a day across mobile and Facebook.
More info including full job postings at http://uken.com
#8 of 11Primate Labs | http://www.primatelabs.com/ | Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Primate Labs is looking for software developers to work on Geekbench, our popular cross-platform processor benchmark. You will help develop and analyze benchmark tests for future versions of Geekbench in addition to working on the application itself.
We're looking for someone with a solid C++ background. It would be nice if you had experience with any of the following technologies (but by all means these are not mandatory): C++11, GPGPU APIs (e.g., OpenCL or CUDA), and code optimization and profiling tools.
Benefits include competitive salary and vacation time, medical and dental benefits, and flexible work hours.
This is a full-time position in our Toronto, Ontario office. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
#9 of 11KryptoKit | Full-time | Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We build tools for cryptography and digital currency. Exciting startup in an exciting industry! Currently looking for:
Full Stack Developer
* Develop and maintain critically acclaimed web applications like RushWallet and the KryptoKit Chrome extension * Particular focus on tests and security * Working as part of a great team that includes UX Designers, subject matter experts, other developers
If interested, reach out to jobs [at] kryptokit [dot] com
more details at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oD1hUfLru0uxLcEy1sSDqrIY...
#10 of 11Security Compass - Toronto, ON / SF Bay Area*
-a number of Security consultant positions (looking for people with a software development background)*
-developer for DDOS Strike (http://ddos.securitycompass.com)
and a couple more + info on the positions can be found at: http://securitycompass.com/careers/#seccom-jobs
and for info on why working with us is great: http://securitycompass.com/careers/
#11 of 11Volley - http://volley.works - Full-Stack Developer - Toronto
We're building the future of social search. We're inviting another developer to join us. Offering competitive salary and ownership. Read more about us here: https://github.com/VolleyIndustries/readme/blob/master/readm...
To apply, email email@example.com.