#1 of 16SpaceX flight software is hiring! Most openings are in Los Angeles, but we're also looking for senior engineers in SF and Seattle.
We have openings in a bunch of different flavors:
* C/C++/realtime systems - http://www.spacex.com/careers/position/7464
* C++/physics simulation - http://www.spacex.com/careers/position/4337
* Frontend web development - http://www.spacex.com/careers/position/7374
* Java/Python/Go automation services
* Dev ops - http://www.spacex.com/careers/position/7579
There are a ton of more openings listed in the career site, peruse and feel free ask me any questions
And for a little inspiration, here's a video of our last landing attempt -- the magic sauce was mostly software!
#2 of 16Medtronic Diabetes - Los Angeles, CA
iOS Developer - Full Time, Onsite
Medtronic Diabetes creates insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitors for people with Diabetes. Our software team is currently hiring iOS developers to help build our first generation of Medical Mobile Apps. You can see an early example of the app here: http://bit.ly/1sXXAgG. We are looking for developers who have experience with iOS and Objective-C development and welcome the challenge of building safety-critical applications in a regulated environment (which, unfortunately, means a bit of red tape).
If you are interested in building Apps which impact patients lives every day, you can apply directly at the following links, or if you have questions feel free to email me (see profile for email).
#3 of 16WeMash, Playa Vista - Los Angeles CA, Lead-Mid Level Developers, Full Time.
WeMash is hiring senior level experience engineers to join our growing team to build amazing products that enable derivative content creation and monetization. The WeMash platform empowers the masses with licensed premium video and music for use in their mashup and derivative works. WeMash does the hard work of licensing, ingesting and organizing clips from movie, television, news organizations, music labels, etc. - making it easily discoverable and searchable. The mashup space is exploding and WeMash is removing the barriers precluding each stakeholder from prospering in the current, piracy-intensive environment.
We develop using primarily NodeJS with Express, AngularJS, and MongoDB. The company is based out of the fastest growing technology area in Los Angeles with YouTube, Google, Facebook, Vevo, TMZ, Fullscreen, and soon Yahoo in the neighborhood.
Interested in learning more drop us a line at email@example.com or https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/63739955?trk=hn-overview...
#4 of 16ZipRecruiter - https://ziprecruiter.com - Santa Monica (LA area) - REMOTE OK for some positions
Our goal is to create the best online services for filling and finding jobs. We bootstrapped for the first four years, growing to 100+ employees. Last August, we raised $63M led by Institutional Venture Partners.
We have a number of open positions:
We're growing rapidly and have a large customer base (primarily small and medium sized businesses). We have interesting problems to solve in the areas of search, yield management, analytics, scalability and new product development. If you'd like to learn more, please visit https://www.ziprecruiter.com/hiring/technology or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Software Engineer (primarily Python) (Santa Monica) - Software Engineer (primarily Perl) (Santa Monica or remote) - Mobile Software Engineer (positions for both iOS and Android) (Santa Monica) - Systems Administrator (Linux, AWS) (Santa Monica) - Database Administrator (mysql or Redshift experience preferred) (Santa Monica)
#5 of 16RINSE | San Francisco, CA and Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Rinse is a technology-enabled dry cleaning and laundry delivery service. We've grown at double-digit month-over-month rates for two years now, and our customers love us on Yelp!
We have a number of open positions:
1) We are hiring a Designer in San Francisco to move our product, website, and apps to the next level. We're a consumer-facing brand with interactions across mobile, web, email, and even SMS. We're also advertising across multiple media. Since our brand centers around a seamless and friendly experience, this is a prime opportunity for a designer who wants to have a central role in a 'rocket ship' startup.
2) We're also hiring a Marketing Manager in San Francisco to manage our creative campaigns, optimize funnels, and control CPA while comparing to LTV. This is a data-driven role, so analytical strength and ambiguity tolerance are critical attributes.
3) We're also hiring a Senior Operations Associate for our Los Angeles office. Responsibilities including managing a rapidly-growing team of drivers, and communicating with our customers and vendors. This is a great opportunity for a smart person with 'hustle' who wants to get in early on an expanding local office with.
Interested in the burgeoning delivery startup scene? Perhaps your family ran a dry cleaner or laundromat when you were growing up? Delighted with our service? Let's talk!
Email sam <at> rinse.com with questions, or contact jobs <at> rinse.com directly.
#6 of 16TrueCar is hiring Rails, Python, and devops engineers in Santa Monica.
If you're a Rails engineer, we're hiring in San Francisco and Austin, too.
See http://truecar.com/hiring.html for the full scoop.
We're using Rails and Python (Flask) to serve out all kinds of APIs as well as consumer-facing web experiences and internal tools.
Let's see; what else?
* We're remote-friendly.
* Benefits are exceptional: health premiums are 100% paid for (not only for you, but your whole family), we match your 401k (up to 3% of your contributions), and give stock options and performance bonuses.
* Our Santa Monica HQ is right by the beach and Third Street Promenade, so expect fresh air and plenty of food options.
* A meaningful subset of some of the technologies we use: Ruby on Rails, Python, Flask, Redis, MySQL, Hadoop, and Elasticsearch.
Send an email to me (jgo AT truecar.com) and I'll personally see to it that your resume and/or GitHub profile get looked at. Or heck, even if you're not applying but just have questions, drop me a line.
#7 of 16Pogoseat - Santa Monica, CA (On-site, full-time) | https://pogoseat.com/
* Full stack software engineers: https://angel.co/pogoseat/jobs/68114-full-stack-software-eng...
* Front-end developers: https://angel.co/pogoseat/jobs/68334-front-end-developer
Pogoseat is building the world's premiere white-labeled platform for live-event upgrades. Want a better seat at the next Giants game? Want to shoot a basket on the court after the game? Pogoseat provides technology that enables teams, venues, promotors, and organizers to offer an endless variety of seat and VIP upgrade possibilities to fans.
We're out to make the world a better place by making live events more memorable. We believe that only the worst seats should be empty, never the best, and we've got a passionate team of diverse, talented people working hard to make sure your next experience at a live event is one you'll never forget.
Join our Santa Monica, CA based team (of 12) and take a leading role in helping us grow.
#8 of 16Second Spectrum - Los Angeles, CA, Shanghai, and Boston, MA - http://www.secondspectrum.com
Big data has come to sports, and Second Spectrum is using it to transform the sports experience, for everyone from coaches and players to the most hardcore or casual fan. We have trained machines to understand sports at a level of sophistication that exceeds that of most collegiate players. Using this machine understanding, we deliver analytics software that is helping ten NBA teams win more games, is enabling national broadcasters to tell better stories, and will give every fan their own personal sportscast. We have recently signed deals with ESPN and Fox to deliver content for their broadcasts, starting with this clip that appeared on NBA Countdown: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12510250, and extending to interactive products that the broadcasters will use on air.
We are looking for a variety of engineering roles, including full-stack, UI/UX, systems, mobile, dev-ops, machine learning and computer vision engineers. The responsibilities range from sophisticated UI design that supports detailed but intuitive analytics, to front-end interfaces that will appear on national sports broadcasts, to scalable backend infrastructure that supports robust video streaming, to ML and CV engineering that enables the semantic layer that understands the game. Our software stack is based around Node, Go and Python, and we also use C++ for our video systems.
In addition to the engineering roles, we’re also hiring a product manager who will guide our engineering and design efforts in order to deliver our technology to all our customers, ranging from NBA coaches to casual fans of the game.
If you're interested in joining us, our jobs email is is email@example.com. I'm also available for any questions you might have at firstname.lastname@example.org
#9 of 16Connexity - Camarillo, CA (Los Angeles area)
Are you a talented software engineer ready to make a huge impact in a medium-sized business? We work at a scale where seemingly small improvements can have a big impact. You'll be working right in the heart of the profit center.
Our division of Connexity works in online display advertising through RTB, and run 50 to 100 million impressions each day. Our total transaction volume is between 5 and 10 billion per day, and we've served ads on nearly every site you've ever visited.
We're primarily looking for someone to contribute to our Rails app. It's used to administer hundreds of advertising campaigns across hundreds of publisher sites. It's not just boring CRUD. It's the heart of our display advertising business. The business folks will know you and have a tremendous amount of appreciation for your work.
This role is a great way to learn advertising tech at scale as well as other tools. In addition to the conventional Rails work, you'd get hands on experience with Redis, Hbase, PostgreSQL, and Scala. Several on the team started in the Rails app and have moved into other areas of interest (low-latency RTB bidder written in C or sophisticated reporting and optimization). It's really possible to get bored around here unless you're a boring person.
Our team is sharp and works well together. We enjoy perks such as paid lunch, a 9/80 schedule (to get every other Friday off) and unlimited vacation; the culture of our team recognizes and respects the importance of your non-work life. Also, Ventura county is a pretty nice place to live/work (unless you hate temperate coastal weather). If you've got Rails or other relevant web app experience, that's a good start. More importantly, you'll be eager to learn display advertising inside and out. Attitude, ambition and sound judgement trump experience with a specific set of tools.
Unless you prefer to start with a HR-oriented chat, you can reach me (a lead engineer on the team) at email@example.com.
#10 of 16The Honest Company | Santa Monica, CA, Austin, TX & San Francisco, CA
The Honest Company passionately believes in creating not only effective, but also unquestionably safe, eco-friendly, beautiful, convenient, and affordable products for babies and homes. While e-commerce direct-to-customer shipping has been our largest success, our retail partnerships are rapidly growing with our products now in Target, Costco, WholeFoods, and Nordstrom.
Check out our office:
-- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/02/jessica-alba-honest... ====================== Our stack:
-- Ruby on Rails backend for our E-Commerce Site (Python and/or Node.js experience perfectly fine) -- Angular.js and themed Bootstrap on the front-end -- Our warehouse currently runs off an in-house created Ruby server -- TDD with rspec, capybara, and jasmine tests keeping things stable -- RabbitMQ is our main queueing system -- Datastores - MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached -- iOS app in the app store - Honest Baby ==================== Positions Available:
-- Full-Stack Engineers (Jr., Mid. Sr.) http://thehonestcompany.theresumator.com/apply/2S988b/Senior...
-- Back-End Engineers (Jr., Mid, Sr.) http://thehonestcompany.theresumator.com/apply/2S988b/Senior...
-- QA Automation Engineers https://thehonestcompany.theresumator.com/apply/ACBhkm/Mobil...
#11 of 16Twenty20 - Los Angeles, CA - http://www.twenty20.com
Mobile Software Engineers
We're working on democratizing the world of stock photography, allowing amateur photographers to be recognized and compensated for their work and helping brands use better, more authentic content in their visual communication efforts.
We're a Rails shop on the backend, but we're never afraid to grab the latest tools to make us better. We're looking for mobile engineers to join our team... Right now we're focused on iOS. We love generalists who are interested in diving in! We're also hiring some salespeople, but I suspect not many of them are reading HackerNews :)
#12 of 16Mobcrush - Santa Monica, CA - Full-Time
Mobcrush is a live mobile game streaming platform based in Los Angeles, California, with the mission to connect the world’s 1 billion mobile gamers. We're comprised of passionate technologists, design and product team members, funded by top-tier investors, with the unique opportunity to go after a large and growing market.
We are growing our team and have several positions open:
- Streaming stack engineers:
- Backend engineers:
- Experienced with C++, OpenGL/DirectX/Metal, Networking, Video streaming
- Community Managers
- Experienced with Node.js, Mongo
#13 of 16TrueCar (www.truecar.com / www.true.com) is hiring in San Francisco, Santa Monica, and Austin offices!
TrueCar acquired Carwoo (YCS09) in January 2014.The company has been around for 10 years and went public 1 year ago.
The company has big plans over the coming years and is looking for good developers to help us grow from $1.5B to $10B+Priority positions include Mobile Developers, Ruby Developers, Python Developers, and Designers
www.truecar.com/hiring.htmlA peak at life at TrueCar in our SM office: http://bit.ly/1EZZz9A
REMOTE considered for the right candidates. Most VISA situations handled.
#14 of 16Good Eggs - San Francisco, CA, Full Stack Engineers
=== About us ===
Good Eggs brings local, farm-fresh groceries right to your door! We are a technology focused company with a CTO who previously founded Carbon Five, an exceptional agile development shop. See our Engineering Blog and Github account:
We have a great mission (https://www.goodeggs.com/philosophy) - to grow and sustain local food systems worldwide - and everyone here is deeply committed to it. We have expanded to 4 cities - New York, New Orleans, Los Angeles and San Francisco - and our investors include Sequoia Capital, Harrison Metal, Baseline Ventures, Collaborative Fund and Westly Group, among others.
== About you ===
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
* TDD experience / experience with pairing / Continuous Deployment
* Domain expertise in: e-commerce, billing, payments, or warehouse distribution software
I’m an engineer at the company, if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me: daryl(at)goodeggs.com
#15 of 16Evite, West Hollywood, CA | ONSITE | Sr. Software Engineer
We’re looking for a full-stack Senior Software Engineer experienced in leading the technical design and software development of highly scalable customer facing platforms with strength in Python.
What makes this job awesome?
* We are a fast-paced, energetic team that is committed to using the latest technology and research to take our products to the next level
* We offer full benefits, 401k with matching and flexible work hours
* Our headquarters is in West Hollywood on Sunset Boulevard in the heart of Los Angeles, and our office is open, fun and relaxed.
* We go to conferences, meetups, seminars and encourage ongoing professional growth
* Your work will impact the lives of over a million people every day
What you will be doing:
* Take an idea from concept to implementation
* Develop software across the full application stack with particular emphasis on server side business logic and data processing layers
* Guide and advance the use of innovative technologies to improve Evite’s platform
* Drive ongoing improvements in software delivery including build and test automation, continuous integration, test driven development
* Participate in development of unit tests and code reviews
* Mentor junior team members in proper design and coding practices
* Document new and existing software systems and components
* Analyze and troubleshoot complex system issues
* Ensure production systems are reliable and make great parties happen for our customers
* Working in an Agile environment (SCRUM)
Read more and apply: http://evite.theresumator.com/apply/aNyAtf/Senior-Software-E...
Please send me any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.