#1 of 2Pageload - Remote - Full time
Pageload (pageload.io) is a new service that aims to make websites faster by acting as a transparent proxy between the origin and a CDN. Pageload is based in Sydney, Australia but has a global customer base and aims to be a global service when publicly launched. Pageload recenly aquired venture captial to accelerate the global rollout. We strongly believe that everyone who wants to work with us does it because it's an area they like to spend time in, be it jpeg headers or shaving cpu cycles off css minifacation. We don't have requirements as to when or from where you work -- that's most often best decided by yourself.
Our platform is [at the moment] mostly built with nodejs.
We are (currently) looking for two positions:
Feel free to shoot us an email to [jobs at pageload.io] or ping me on IRC (jbergstroem@freenode) if you'd like to talk. Looking forward to hearing from you.
#2 of 2Amazon Web Services security team is hiring. We're looking for security-minded engineers at various skill levels. Our positions range from journeyman support engineers to principal engineers.
Locations: Seattle WA, North Virginia, Dublin Ireland (EU), Sydney Australia
Questions: @z1g1 or via email aws-itsec-hacker-news [at] amazon [dot] com.
== Full ==
Key focus areas include:
* Recognize, adopt, utilize and teach best practices in security engineering: secure development, cryptography, network security, security operations, systems security, policy, and incident response.
* Collaborate to ensure that decisions are based on the merit of the proposal, not the proposer. When none of the proposals is the obvious winner, you are still decisive, able to disagree and commit to the team’s decision
* Demonstrate high capacity and tolerance for extreme context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and effective
* Participate in efforts to promote security throughout the Company and build good working relationships within the team and with others across Amazon
* Partner with teams throughout the Company to develop pragmatic solutions that achieve business requirements while maintaining an acceptable level of risk
* Solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
* Maintain an understanding of the Internet threat environment and how it affects the company
* Find and fix flaws in existing company systems and sites
* Leverage current state of network and application security tools and how they can benefit the company
* Maintain knowledge and skills required to keep up with the rapidly changing threat landscape
* Participate in efforts that create and improve the company’s security policies
* Work under extended, extreme pressure, handle situations calmly and lead incident response teams effectively
* Proactively support knowledge sharing within the team and across the company
* Help recruit the very best people for Amazon through active participation in the overall recruiting process
* Large-scale security engineering Cloud security experience is obviously a plus, but not a firm requirement.
Full Listings are available here: http://amzn.to/AwsSecurityOpportunities