#1 of 10QUESTRADE INC. | SENIOR FRONT END ENGINEER | TORONTO, CANADA
Questrade is a rapidly growing online financial service firm in Canada. Our mission is to help Canadians achieve financial independence by offering our clients with great investment products, cutting edge technologies, and quality customer service throughout. We offer self-directed trading platforms for Do-It-Yourself Investing, as well as professionally managed portfolios at ultra-low fees.
---- ABOUT THE POSITION ---- In a nutshell, the Senior Front End Engineer will see through the full software development life cycle at Questrade; from requirement-gathering, design and development, to implementation of both small and large-scale projects. You will collaborate with our user interface team, our back-end engineers, and other front-end engineers to design and develop functionally rich, robust, and user-friendly web and mobile applications, as defined by business requirements.
---- ABOUT YOU ---- You have hands-on and proficient knowledge of web technologies (such as (such as HTML, CSS3, jQuery, AngularJS, SASS and Node.JS), system environments (Windows and Mac OS X), and tools (MS Visual Studio, Subversion, JIRA), as well as a strong understanding of OOP programming and MVC architecture. You have experience with tools like JSPerf and JSFiddle for performance testing and prototyping, as well as a demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
Wanna know more? Check out this and more of our opportunities: http://www.questrade.com/why-questrade/careers
#2 of 10DIVE Networks | Toronto, ON | Full Time | [LOCAL] or [REMOTE] | Software Engineer & UX Designer
DIVE visualizes brand data for marketers. Think "24/7 news channel for brands" -- like Bloomberg News, but for marketers instead of stock traders.
We are hiring a User Experience designer and Software Engineer. These are full-time positions in a small, scrappy team of expert peers. The design role is local, in our Toronto office. For software development we do both local and remote.
Our v1 product launched at CES 2015 and has great customer traction. The team is a truly decent bunch of human beings. The founders have all had successful startup exits. We're founder-funded. You'd be joining at a time when we're just taking on our first round of outside investment and scaling up like crazy to meet customer demand.
Things that make this opportunity unique:
* We visualize complex data in simple, "glanceable" formats. Form factors range from large touch-sensitive screens and digital TV's to mobile devices and desktops. Huge design and implementation challenge. * Our platform ingests data from many different sources. We have great data partnerships with Google and other leading platform companies. * The tech stack is Clojure, ClojureScript, Datomic, Ubuntu, and embedded hardware * We have a gong which we ring to celebrate all the things that need celebrating
#3 of 10Tubular Labs | http://tubularlabs.com | Mountain View, CA
Tubular analyzes the engagement of 290+ million viewers and track 1 billion videos across 30+ platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Vine, Instagram, AOL, and Yahoo. Our data empowers Video Teams to refine their video content strategies.
Right now we're looking for:
We're also building out a team in Toronto, Canada - same skills as above.
* Front Engineering: AngularjS, CoffeeScript * Production Engineering (DevOps): Python, AWS, SaltStack * Backend Engineering: GoLang, Python
Interested: Contact email@example.com or submit online (mention HackerNews for priority consideration)
#4 of 10EventMobi | Toronto, Canada | Full-time | Onsite | Senior Software Engineers, Managers, Director of Engineering Operations
At EventMobi we develop technology to help events & conferences create and deliver the ultimate event experience through mobile apps, web and desktop based products. Want more details about us and our team? Watch this fun 3min video here:
------------ About Us --------------
Wondering how our technology is affecting the world and the meeting industry in general? Well here is an awesome infographic that summarizes what we have achieved this past and why we are super excited for 2015: http://www.eventmobi.com/about/company/2014/
We develop using micro-services exposed through a (Python) RESTful API to feed our Node & AngularJS applications – from our mobile apps, to the app-building services, real-time chat / gamification / mapping services and tons more.
For a more detailed look checkout http://www.eventmobi.com/careers/
----------- Looking For ------------
#5 of 10Canopy Labs | Toronto | DevOps Engineer | Full time
We're hiring our first DevOps Engineer, who will report directly to our VP of Engineering. As the company’s first DevOps Engineer, you will play a crucial role in shaping our overall ops strategy, from performance monitoring and analysis to designing and implementing innovative methods to improve the operations of our distributed analytics platform. The role will involve being part of a broader team of software engineers and analytics experts.
- Design and write software to support and improve the availability, latency and scalability of our distributed predictive analytics platform
- Responsible for build automation and performance monitoring
- Engage in server capacity planning and system tuning
- Collaborate with software engineers to support continuous deployment
- 2+ years in DevOps or SysOps role
- Experience in agile software development
- 3+ years experience in at least one of the following: Python, Java and Scala
- Strong background in Linux administration
- Experience deploying and maintaining production environments in AWS
- Familiarity with Nagios and/or PagerDuty
- Hands-on experience in Hadoop, Spark and/or distributed systems preferred
If you are interested or would like to know more about the company or position, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
#6 of 10Vantage Analytics | Toronto, Canada | http://gotvantage.com | Growth Marketing Lead
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, the Vantage Analytics team is made up of diverse, creative and fun individuals. Our culture is open and flexible. We believe that people do their best work and are happiest when they are given the freedom to shape their environment and are surrounded by amazing colleagues. There are no suits here. We wear jeans or shorts and we often have dogs in the office.
We're looking to hire a Growth Marketing Lead. This is a vital role, you’ll be responsible for growing our customer base of paying customers and tightening up our conversion funnels. This position will have complete control over managing and driving customer growth so having a desire to lead and manage a comprehensive growth strategy, as well as the skills to help execute that strategy, is critical.
You'll need to take on the traditional marketing world, SEO and paid channels (AdWords, Facebook, 3rd party networks, etc), content marketing, and the new techniques of growth-hacking, all with a heavy emphasis on data and analysis to run experiments and validate hypotheses.
The successful candidate must be passionate about using data to make decisions and taking the company vision to new heights.
We’re looking for someone who embraces failure in testing, learns from it and makes their decisions better the next time around.
Full job description: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18oiu0gd3kh_D7aSUga03WLvd...
Interested? Email email@example.com
#7 of 10Addictive Mobility | Front End Web Developer | Toronto, ON, Canada
APPLY NOW https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/41675142 (mention HN when applying!) or shoot me an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
Addictive Mobility is a successful, rapidly growing company, with expanding offices in Toronto, New York, Vancouver, London and Dubai. We’re one of the most innovative companies in Toronto, and one of Canada's fastest growing startups. We increasingly exceed the needs of our diverse client base, including major, well-known retailers and internationally recognized agencies in the US, Canada and the Middle East.
- You want to work on exciting projects with only the latest technologies and modern techniques
- You understand IIFEs, function scoping, context switching, and know "the Good Parts" by heart
- You’re not afraid of asynchronous code
- You make use of new HTML5 features, but also know how to fall back gracefully
- You lint your code with JSHint / JSLint
- You believe in Atwood's Law
If you do not fit the above descriptions, you need not apply.
#8 of 10Software Engineer - Kira Talent (www.kiratalent.com/about/) - Toronto, Canada - Full-Time
Our mission is to help schools predict their most successful students. We're used by almost half of the top MBA programs across North America, and are quickly growing in engineering, undergraduate business and science programs.
Applicants complete timed and written assessments created by the school, that test non-cognitive competencies like leadership, creativity and empathy. Admissions teams can then better evaluate students and build a stronger program overall.
We've raised over $3M of financing, and are growing our engineering team in all areas (full-stack web, infrastructure, etc).
Here's what we're working on: - architecting and building global infrastructure to scale our video recording and streaming - workflow features that help admissions team assign applicants to certain reviewers, and manage their reviewing teams - capturing analytics data about how our users use the product, and making decisions internally - data trumps everything!
You’d be a great fit to our team if you have:
Since we’re a small team (you’d be #16), we have lots of fun together! We host bi-weekly lunch & learns, beer o’clock on Friday afternoons, board game nights every few weeks and have done tons of activities outside of work (i.e. wine tasting, cottage retreat, etc).
My name is Konrad, and I'm one of the founders! Send me a note at email@example.com if you're interested!
#9 of 10Unata (unata.com) is a VC-backed, Toronto-based startup in the enterprise retail space. We are building the retail experience of the future. We work with large retailers to power their digital experiences, while personalizing each shopper’s content and offers based on their purchase history. We’re connecting the physical shopping experience with the best of the digital world. We are growing fast and need to scale our core product team. We are looking for the roles below.
Backend: Python (Flask, SQLAlchemy, Celery, Numpy, Pandas), PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Jenkins CI, Redis, Memcached, CentOS
Frontend (including Mobile): Angular.js, Sass, Grunt
- Platform Engineer - Python experience, intermediate/sr, understanding of service-oriented architectures (more info > http://unata.com/platform-eng)
- Data Science Engineer - Application development experience, machine learning knowledge & experience (more info > http://unata.com/data-sci-eng)
- QA Engineer - Test automation, development experince, process minded, familiarity with CI systems like Jenkins (more info > http://unata.com/qa-eng)
- Integrations Specialist - Technical discovery and integration development experience, detail oriented (more info > http://unata.com/integrations-specialist)
Why you should work for us:
- Competitive compensation and stock options, comprehensive health benefits, flexible paid vacation
- Relaxed work environment in downtown Toronto (King & Bathurst), Work-from-home-Wednesdays, fun company activities
- Opportunity to make a big impact in digital retail! Your work will be seen and used by millions of retail customers!
#10 of 10Epcylon (Toronto financial core.) / Full Time / ONSITE / VISA
We have a winning algorithm. We have partnerships and worldwide distribution. We signed a $10M deal last week. It's time to execute! Lots of upside.
If you're great at one of the following get in touch: front end dev + design, devops, dba, stats, golang. We have 4 day traders, 2 full stack devs, 1 designer. You'll matter.
We also have baby lion and tiger day from time to time https://instagram.com/p/3ZXQ8drgvX/
Come print money with us :)
Github - @aj0strow firstname.lastname@example.org