#1 of 17Soundslice - Web designer - Chicago, IL. ONSITE.
Soundslice (https://www.soundslice.com/) is "living sheet music." We make web-based, responsive music-notation technology that you can listen to and interact with. The goal is to be the best way to learn any piece of music.
See https://www.soundslice.com/demo for an example. It's one of the coolest HTML5 web apps in the world that's an actual business and not a project. When I originally posted it to HN, it stayed at the top of the homepage for the better part of a day and was universally praised: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4790636
Soundslice is a small (two-person) business -- you'd be the third. It's proudly bootstrapped and makes money.
We're looking for a web designer. Somebody who's good at the whole design process -- understanding problems, creating mockups, implementing in HTML/CSS.
WHY WORK HERE:
* You'd work on an amazing product that helps people learn music.
* Design is front-and-center of our product. Much of its value is pure design/UX.
* Excellent work/life balance.
* You'd work with me (one of the people who created Django, plus some other stuff; see holovaty.com). I'm an experienced developer and can teach you a lot, if you're open to it.
Email me (Adrian Holovaty) at email@example.com.
#2 of 17Pivotal Labs New York City, Boston, Washington DC, Chicago, Denver, Seattle, Los Angeles, London, Toronto, San Francisco, Denver (we support relocation)
Job Titles: Senior Product Manager, Senior Agile Engineer, Senior Product Designer (Consulting roles)
Pivotal Labs works closely with founders, entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, and customers to ensure the right product is defined, prioritized, and built. We believe great products are built by great teams, and are followers of Agile (XP), Lean and Balanced Team philosophies.
I'm a Managing Director at Labs -- send me a cover letter/resume at gsiener [at] pivotal.io
#3 of 17Location: South Loop, Chicago; ONSITE
Wouldn't it be cool to know things about software that the developers don't know?
kCura is hiring Security Engineers for its downtown Chicago South Loop location for its Operation Swordfish team. You don't need to have previous security experience for this position. What you do need is demonstrated programming proficiency, a desire to learn, and I mean learn lots, an ability to deliver bug reports diplomatically, and a burning curiosity about How Things Work.
The position is for our Software Security team Operation Swordfish. On this team, you will perform penetration testing on a wide range of software in many languages, advise developers on Secure Software Development, participate in Architecture Reviews, and program security related tools.
If you are interested, send email to wlederer at kcura.com.
There are other positions https://www.kcura.com/join-the-team/available-positions/ available as well.
#4 of 17Mutually Human – Developers/Designers – Grand Rapids, MI & Columbus, OH (on-site, full time)
We're always looking for developers, but we're especially looking for a senior designer to join our team right now.
A little bit about us:
A little bit about Grand Rapids:
- We write custom software of all shapes and sizes for clients all over the US. - We aren't limited to any specific set of technologies, which is a great opportunity to learn. In the past two years, I've worked with Python, iOS, Angular.js, CoffeeScript, QT, Node, Ruby, Rails, and more. - We practice a sustainable pace. Late nights and > 40 hour weeks are rare by design. For example. last year I worked an average of 40.408 hours per week. - We offer competitive salaries, health/vision/dental insurance, quarterly profit sharing, retirement + match, weekly catered lunches, and a top-floor office with snacks, guitars, and your choice of standing or sitting desks.
A little bit about you:
- 2.5 hours from Chicago and Detroit, less than an hour to the beach. - Lots of great beer. Founders Brewery (a mile from our office) has 3 beers in the Beer Advocate top 15. HopCat is a “World Class” bar on BA. Just look here: http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/city/43 - Low cost of living. I bought a nice house with a mortgage payment 30% lower than the rent of my 1 bedroom apartment in Mountain View.
I'm a software developer on this awesome team. If you're interested, check out our website:
- You love making software, and you have experience with a variety of technologies. - You learn new stuff quickly. You’ve used a lot of technologies, but you’re not afraid to use more. - You believe software is written for humans, not computers.
#5 of 17NCC Group (formerly Matasano Security, iSEC Partners, and Intrepidus Group) - Austin, Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Sunnyvale, CA
It's July, and I can assure you that all of our offices have better A/C than anyone else on this thread.
Many of you will be familiar with NCC Group's legacy US names - Matasano Security, iSEC Partners, and Intrepidus Group. We're now all officially integrated under the NCC Group name and one happy family.
The bottom line: if you love security and research, NCC Group just may be a perfect fit for you.
What do we do exactly? Penetration testing, security analysis, and cutting-edge research into current technologies and attacks (breaking things). You spend most of your day thinking about security systems and how they can break. You get to be creative and have a lot of freedom to be clever while learning new technologies at a very fast pace. Engagements are usually 2-4 weeks long and in a year you will be exposed to 15-20 products and technology stacks. Your work will typically initiate person-months of security improvements in products millions of people use. You will have access to senior engineers/architects and your findings/ideas will be heard by senior decision makers. You will have enormous impact in making the software people use safer. All of our consultants are also security researchers, with dedicated research time. Not too shabby!
If you want to learn more about us check out our: Blog - https://www.nccgroup.trust/us/blog/ Cryptopals - http://cryptopals.com/ Microcorruption - http://microcorruption.com/ Research - https://isecpartners.github.io/
If you're ready to apply, contact us at: https://www.nccgroup.trust/us/careers/. We'd love to hear from you!
#6 of 17SpotHero | Chicago, IL | http://spothero.com SpotHero is changing parking, and our tools will redefine the transportation industry. With over a million cars parked, fast growth, and solid funding (https://angel.co/spothero), SpotHero offers countless ways to make an impact on the company and your career.
★ Associate Product Manager - http://spothero.com/careers#job-associate-product-manager
★ Senior Product Manager, Mobile Apps - http://spothero.com/careers#job-senior-product-manager-mobil...
★ Senior QA Automation Engineer - http://spothero.com/careers#job-senior-qa-automation-enginee...
★ Senior UX Designer - http://spothero.com/careers#job-senior-ux-designer
★ Software Engineer, iOS - http://spothero.com/careers#job-software-engineer-ios
★ Software Engineer, Android - http://spothero.com/careers#job-software-engineer-android
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume to apply. Thanks!
#7 of 17DRW Trading Group | Software Engineers |Chicago | ONSITE
DRW is a proprietary trading firm, headquartered in Chicago, that is at the intersection of trading, technology, and quantitative research. Join our highly talented team of technologists who are passionate about their craft, continuous learning, and collaborating with their peers to build cutting edge tech. We are hiring for a variety of roles including low latency C++ Developers, FPGA Engineers, C# Developers, Trade Support Engineers, Quantitative Researchers and DevOps.
You can view all of our open positions here: https://goo.gl/hoJe8F or reach out to us directly at recruiters <at> drw.com for more information.
#8 of 17MPA Healthcare Solutions - Chicago, IL - ONSITE
* Software Engineer
We are looking for a software engineer to join our small but growing development team. Our team has three primary responsibilities:
1) Supporting and maintaining existing code for building and applying predictive models.
2) Importing datasets from a variety of sources and preparing them for use in modeling.
3) Supporting the research work of our clinicians (which is usually directed toward extending or improving the methodologies employed in responsibility #1).
* Health Services Researcher
We are also seeking a Health Services Researcher. This individual will be an integral member of our team. The MPA team includes physicians, statisticians, analysts, and programmers. You will have access to statistical expertise and will collaborate and network with members of the team. The position requires a Ph.D. or Master’s in a field relevant to health services research (i.e. Bio-informatics, epidemiology, health research methodology, health services research), or an M.D. with additional training or experience in a related field. You should aspire to create, evaluate, and implement high value patient-centric care delivery models with the goal to improve value of health care delivery.
Full descriptions are at http://consultmpa.com/now-hiring/
To apply: email email@example.com with a cover letter, resume and CV, if appropriate.
#9 of 17Avant (https://www.avant.com/) is hiring Software, Data, BD, & a whole bunch of other positions. We do Ruby on Rails for the backend, Angular frontend, and R for analytics.
Location: Chicago & LA
https://www.avant.com/jobs. Let them know you saw Naman's posting on HN.
#10 of 17Northwestern University Center for Behavioral Intervention Technologies | Chicago | ONSITE | Rails, Angular | http://www.cbits.northwestern.edu/
We're hiring all levels of web developer to help support our expanding list of projects.
We build applications in support of medical researchers and clinicians in the U.S., Africa and South America. Our primary technologies are Rails, Django, Cordova/Angular and native Android.
We have an open source context sensing platform for Android called Purple Robot: https://github.com/cbitstech/Purple-Robot
If you're interested, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team applies cutting edge machine-learning and computer-vision technologies at scale - we apply thousands of labels to millions of pages and videos. Our APIs process thousands of content queries per second, and all of this data is presented to the customer in a beautiful, fast UI.
We're looking for engineers with a background or expertise in any of the following:
- Machine learning
- Computer vision
- Data Science
- Python (for the web, or for infrastructure)
Please contact me if you're interested: email@example.com
#12 of 17thoughtbot - Web Developer - Chicago, Austin
Build great products while contributing to our community with open source, writing, speaking, events, and more. Our team works in a relaxed and educational environment. We use the latest technologies and embrace agile philosophies. Everything we do is predicated on having a great team and a culture of learning. We work a sustainable pace of 40 hours/week, consulting for clients four days/week.
Apply at https://thoughtbot.com/jobs/web or email me at ian[at]thoughtbot.com
#13 of 17Sogeti USA \ Chicago \ ONSITE,Fulltime
Position1 : J.BSA 1. Solid BA profile who knows Agile, Epic/User Story creation, Requirement documentation, traceability etc. 2. Knowledge on tools like JIRA is preferred
Position2 : Web Designer on HTML5 / CSS 3 1. experience of HTML5 and CSS3 web designing with Charts and Graphs expertise, D3.js expertise
Position3 ( Tester) : 1. Senior Functional Tester (Experienced Manual Tester – Can be on his own, understand requirements, and perform manual functional testing and cross browser testing)
Please email your cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org
#14 of 17Pangea - Chicago, IL
Devops (AWS, .NET, Linux/Windows, MySQL, Redis) - Full-time
We’re an early stage startup engineering team seeking another passionate polyglot. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll be an unrelenting individual willing to brave the storm of learning. We’re a startup with assumptions to validate and a product to build, refine and improve. You will make Pangea production-ready.
Full job description at https://gopangea.com/jobs/devops-engineer.html
#15 of 17[ALL REMOTE] SpiderOak, multiple positions. Bias in favor of decent overlap with US Central timezone. Very occasional travel to Chicago or Kansas City will be required.
SpiderOak is expanding out, building next-gen products to help bring the same privacy to cloud computing as you’d expect from personal computing. There are multiple positions open, ranging from entry-level tech support positions to higher level development and management positions. We’re a global team of engineers, with 8 years of history behind us in building SpiderOakONE and SpiderOak Groups, and customers from the average Joe to Fortune 500s and the government. Be part of a growing team at an exciting time for privacy on the internet.
* Product Manager [$75k-$100k]: Help manage all aspects of product development, and make sure that product development stays on-track and on-time. Guide products from inception to completion, with involvement in everything from development to support to documentation to pricing. See more at https://spideroak.com/articles/product-manager
* Python / Django Developer [$75k-$100k]: Love Django? We need a Django-head to help us build out our web-driven products, from components for SpiderOak Groups to our website to backend internal tooling. If everything from SQL and Python to CSS and HTML is your thing, see more at https://spideroak.com/articles/django-developer
* Customer Relations Representative [$36k]: Be the hero that our users need and deserve. Upward mobility within the company certainly possible as well. See more at https://spideroak.com/articles/customer-support-representati...
#16 of 17eSpark - Chicago, San Francisco. onsite.
We're changing the way students learn. We find and deliver the best apps and resources to students, personalized to their unique talents and needs. You'll have an opportunity to transform the education industry. We double the rate of student learning in schools around the country.
Sr Software Engineer Sr User Interface Engineer
Ask me anything! Would love to get in touch. email@example.com.