#1 of 3The Climate Corporation (San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis) Full time - http://climate.com/careers
Climate is using Clojure to build weather and agronomic models to help farmers maximize their profit while reducing their impact on the environment.
====== Why I love it ======
– Climate is making a huge impact in the agricultural industry.
– I am surrounded by super smart people who all share an attitude of openness and mentorship.
– I work with some of the top scientists in the fields of climatology, agronomy, data science, and remote sensing.
– I build large-scale systems that process and serve trillions of pixels of satellite imagery.
– I am using 20% of my time to work on a brand new product within the company just for the fun of it.
– I release open-source Clojure software as part of my job.
===== Who we’re looking for =====
Specifically, we are looking for senior level iOS engineers with published applications in their background. You'll work in a small tight knit team focused on a specific product.
This is a really impactful position because more of our customers access our products through their mobile devices. You will have a huge creative input into the product.
Our other positions are listed here: http://www.climate-careers.com/
If you apply through this link you should get priority: http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?nl=1&k=Job&...
I am really excited about the work I've been doing, I am happy to talk about it in length. If you are interested, please email me directly at email@example.com.
#2 of 3Radialogica [http://radialogica.com] | St. Louis, MO | On-site | fulltime
About us: - Radialogica is a bioinformatics company focused on radiation oncology. We provide sophisticated software and robust analytics to elevate quality of care for cancer patients. Our organizational strategy, capabilities and resources are unified around a deep commitment to quality and value in oncology, and the goal of reducing the physical and financial burden of cancer treatment and survivor-ship. We are looking for others to join our team where you can start to deliver an immediate impact to the healthcare of others suffering from cancer.
For all positions we value skill-set over tool-set and ability over qualifications. The team you’re joining is small, highly skilled, and reasonably good at ping pong. Our offices are relaxed, kitchen is well-stocked, and we have fluffy dogs on site.
* Network Admin/DevOps - We are looking for relentless problem-solvers to join our DevOps team. You will help us predict the future, figure out when we need new stuff before we need it. Attention to uptimes and familiarity with monitoring concepts. You will talk to the team, and you’ll work closely with others within the company to bring projects from planning to launch.
* Front-end Developer - Someone focused on delivering products with a great UX. Experience building fat JS MVC apps, designing complex stateful apps in a maintainable way, with data visualization using D3 or Processing. Knowledgeable of HTML5, ES6, CSS3, and Web standards are important. You should be able to rapidly prototype features and designs.
* Back-end Developer - Experienced developers, who have worked on a decent number of products, have a propensity for shipping often, probably with years of experience and amazing coding chops (those having left coding behind them—this isn't the company for you, unfortunately). If you are a polyglot thinker/Functional language lover then you earn bonus points. You should be eager to learn/teach other on the team about TDD, continuous integration, and functional paradigms.
Shoot any questions or apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
#3 of 3Second Street | http://secondstreet.com/ | St. Louis, MO | Full-Time, Onsite.
Second Street helps media and marketing teams grow and understand their audience with our easy-to-use promotions, messaging, and data analysis web platform. CBS, Entercom, ESPN, The Washington Post, Sports Illustrated, and over 3,000 others rely on Second Street to create meaningful interactions with their consumers.
We’re a close-knit, vibrant organization located in downtown St. Louis -- close to Wash Ave, the Metro lines, and the Arch. Second Streeters have a passion for software and the success of our customers. We host local meetups whenever possible, including the STL Ember.js meetup. More than anything, we value and trust each other. We set our own goals and and give everyone the opportunity to offer feedback on major projects. We keep it casual and work together to get things done.
This position will be a member of our cross-functional development team which is made up of designers, testers, back-end developers, and front-end developers. Members of the team enjoy a high level of autonomy while also working very collaboratively in-person and using Slack, Trello, and Hangouts. We work together to ship code every day and are constantly looking for ways to improve. Developers at Second Street are fully involved in every part of the process, from planning, to developing, to testing, to launch. We strive to use best practices including version control, automated testing, responsive design, code reviews, and occasional pair programming while keeping an eye toward usability and user experience. This position, in particular, will have a special focus on making sure we’re using best practices in our front-end development, especially with Ember.js. A typical day could consist of anything from spooling up a new ember-cli application and integrating with our existing library of ember-cli addons to helping another member of the team work through a particularly vexing issue.
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k with company contribution
- Development retreats every six months
- Computer of your choice
- Relocation reimbursement
- Free parking or a Metro pass, your choice
- Private gym in the basement of our historic building
- Professional development courses and conference opportunities
- Our focus on employee happiness leads to fun surprises like office scooters, renting out movie theaters, and a semi-annual week full of fun, food, and games known as Company Week
- Our incredible medical, dental, and vision benefits are 100% covered for you, and 50% for your family
- We work in a fun office environment with a shuffleboard table, Wii, gym, and full kitchen including a perpetually stocked kegerator
For more information, or if you're interested, please get in touch! http://secondstreet.com/careers/#senior-front-end-dev