#1 of 13Instructure - Chicago, IL & Salt Lake City, UT - Software Developer
About Instructure: We make software that makes people smarter, including Canvas (http://github.com/instructure/canvas-lms), an open source learning management system used by universities and K-12 schools, and Bridge, a corporate learning platform (http://www.getbridge.com/).
What we're looking for:
- Front-end developers with experience developing single-page web apps, iOS and Android apps, and/or beautiful administration apps with modern web technology.
- Back-end developers with experience building web scale services in a loosely coupled but highly integrated system.
- We are a mixed stack and polyglot team with a deep commitment to quality and to using the right tech for each problem we solve. Tech includes Ruby (Rails), React, Node, and Postgres running on AWS.
More info at http://bit.ly/1MImhw5
#2 of 13Pivotal Labs | NYC and many other locations | Engineers, Designers, Product Manager
Pivotal Labs is a division of Pivotal Inc.
We help clients to become better at development. We are religiously lean and agile -- in practice that means we pair program and TDD every line of code from the outside.
Our NYC office is growing fast to meet exploding demand for Labs and Cloud Foundry assistance. We are also hiring in all our offices, including new offices: SF, Palo Alto, Los Angeles, Seattle, Boulder, Denver, Chicago, Toronto, London, Dublin, Berlin, Tokyo and Sydney.
We provide visa and relocation assistance. In the NYC office we have about 15 people from overseas, including Australians like me.
At the office we have free breakfast, weekly tech talks, good benefits and competitive pay. Ping pong is not mandatory, but it's popular. I think west-coast ping pong is harder to beat, but east coast style is more fun to watch. The beer fridge has more IPA than I prefer but I guess that's life in paradise.
Frankly this is the best job I've ever had -- I've learnt more here than anywhere else.
You can apply through our website: http://pivotal.io/careers
But if you email me -- email@example.com -- I can take advantage of our generous referral program and answer any private questions you might have.
#3 of 13CSG Chicago is hiring in Chicago (downtown)!
CSG International’s has a suite of solutions that empowers the top brands in media and entertainment to easily and effectively market, monetize and manage their premium digital content and customers. CSG International offers either a set of software services or as an integrated solution, and allows content companies of all sizes to increase the value and return of every content transaction. The solution supports virtually all content types and commerce models, marketing promotions, partner management, financial management, reporting, and analytics. To learn about the other product and services that are offered at CSG International (and in Chicago) please check us out at: www.csgi.com!
We are hiring globally for:
- iOS Developers
- Project Managers
- Technical Analysts
- Software Architects
- Operations Engineer
- C# Software Engineers
We offer competitive pay, casual dress, work from home opportunities, Happy Hours, Group Outings and much more. Find more about us at: www.csgi.com- to join our fantastic team please apply with resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org and Tara Taft will get back in touch with you.
#4 of 13MPA Healthcare Solutions - Chicago, IL - ONSITE
* Software Engineer
We are looking for a software engineer to join our small but growing development team. Our team has three primary responsibilities:
1) Supporting and maintaining existing code for building and applying predictive models.
2) Importing datasets from a variety of sources and preparing them for use in modeling.
3) Supporting the research work of our clinicians (which is usually directed toward extending or improving the methodologies employed in responsibility #1).
* Health Services Researcher
We are also seeking a Health Services Researcher. This individual will be an integral member of our team. The MPA team includes physicians, statisticians, analysts, and programmers. You will have access to statistical expertise and will collaborate and network with members of the team. The position requires a Ph.D. or Master’s in a field relevant to health services research (i.e. Bio-informatics, epidemiology, health research methodology, health services research), or an M.D. with additional training or experience in a related field. You should aspire to create, evaluate, and implement high value patient-centric care delivery models with the goal to improve value of health care delivery.
Full descriptions are at http://consultmpa.com/now-hiring/
To apply: email email@example.com with a cover letter, resume and CV, if appropriate.
#5 of 13Digital H2O | Chicago, IL | http://www.digitalh2o.com/ | Full Time | Onsite
Digital H2O aims to build products that enable cost effective and sustainable use of water in industrial processes. We use a strong mix of data engineering and machine learning to forecast the oil and gas marketplace.
- Senior Front-End Engineer | Seeking an engineer with strong experience in building single page applications in a modern framework. We currently use Ember but strong experience with any of the popular frameworks would be great.
- Senior Data Engineer | Seeking an engineer with strong experience in Python and a love of gaining new insight from data using tools like Pandas, SciKit-Learn, and much more.
We are building out a small and experienced team and at this time are only looking for the most experienced and proven teammates we can find. We offer very-competitive-to-above-market pay, your choice of laptop and multiple monitors, 401k matching, annual bonus + biannual review, and more. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.digitalh2o.com/careers for more info!
#6 of 13Pangea - Chicago, IL - Full-time
DevOps Engineer (AWS, Chef, .NET, Linux/Windows, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ)
Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair and safe. Since then, we’ve been striving to enhance the security, and reduce the cost and pain points of money transfer. Our first solution allows users to complete a transfer in three easy steps and pay with any US debit card, with a nationwide cash solution coming soon. Receivers in Mexico, Colombia, Guatemala, El Salvador and Dominican Republic can collect the transfers in cash or receive the money directly into a bank account. Through every product iteration, we’ll continue to offer more convenience and meaningfully improve the user experience. Pangea is currently accepting transfers from limited states (AL, ID, IL, GA, MS, MT, NM, OR and SC) in the US.
You'll play an integral role on the engineering team to ensure our infrastructure is reliable, fast and secure.
Some of your tasks include:
- Migrate non-production servers and services to a separate AWS account.
- Refactor our build process for consistency and reliability.
- Audit our AWS infrastructure and architecture and make recommendations for improvements.
- Implement above improvements.
- Refactor our monitoring and alerting infrastructure (currently using Zabbix and PagerDuty).
- Load test the infrastructure.
Full job description at https://gopangea.com/jobs/devops-engineer.html
To apply, email me at omar [at] gopangea.com
#7 of 13M1- Chicago-based FinTech- is hiring for the following positions:
Software Engineer DevOps Engineer Product Owner
M1 is a Chicago-based FinTech company started in early 2015 and is built on the idea that money should be invested when it’s not being spent. M1 is developing an online tool that enables people of all wealth levels access to public market returns with the ease and liquidity of a checking account. We are well-funded by one of the largest venture-backed companies in the world. Message Amy at email@example.com for more information or to apply.
#8 of 13OptionsCity Software | Chicago, IL |Full-Time | ONSITE | http://www.optionscity.com/
At OptionsCity, we partner with financial institutions to streamline their trading operations by providing services and tools including pricing, risk management, execution, and automated trading systems. Our vision is to change the way trading professionals think about and utilize technology.
The OptionsCity development team follows Agile Software Development principles to produce state-of-the-art software designed for the professional trading community. Using OOP/OOD, OptionsCity provides market data and order routing capabilities that power our state-of-the-art market making, trading, and risk applications.
We are currently hiring for 2 positions:
1.) Software Engineer - Java Core: this individual will be a key contributor to maintaining existing core applications, improving core technology, and creating new software to expand OptionsCity’s coverage of global asset classes and solutions required to support them.
2.) Software Engineer - Custom Solutions: this individual will own the entire SDLC for custom trading solutions, from working with customers and subject-matter experts, to defining technical requirements, to leveraging existing in-house frameworks and API’s to build the solutions.
To apply with us visit http://www.optionscity.com/careers/
View our company profile on The Muse at https://www.themuse.com/companies/optionscity
#9 of 13Passport | Software Engineer | Charlotte, NC | ONSITE
Passport is a venture-backed technology company that builds and powers mobile payment software used by the transportation and parking industries. We use the latest in cutting-edge technology to unify all aspects of the urban transit and parking process by creating fully integrated cloud-based software solutions tailored to our customers' needs.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
What we’re looking for:
• Experience building mobile applications on iOS and/or Android platforms • Passion for software development combined with the openness to pick up new technologies • Knowledge of object oriented development methodologies and design patterns
A Little More About Passport:
• Provider of GreenP and ParkChicago, the two largest mobile parking payment systems in North America • Investors include Grotech Ventures and Relevance Capital (Series A, $6MM) • Loft-style office in Charlotte, NC with over 45 employees on-site
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume!
#10 of 13Civis Analytics | Chicago, IL | https://civisanalytics.com
Civis Analytics is building cloud-based products to help organizations do data science better. We create technologies that empower organizations to unlock the truth hiding in their own data, transforming them into smart organizations that are ready to thrive. We help organizations solve their biggest problems with Big Data.
We are currently hiring for multiple positions, including:
DevOps Engineer - Help us design, build, and automate our extensive AWS infrastructure using tools like Python and Ansible. We use significant portions of the AWS stack, including EC2, RDS, Redshift, and S3, and are looking for experienced candidates who can hit the ground running and help us scale as we take our platform from private beta to public product - http://bit.ly/1P30uit
IT Specialist - Help us in-source our IT support. We're looking for experienced candidates who can support internal users and infrastructure, from Apple laptop configuration, to wireless networking, to VoIP and video conferencing solutions - http://bit.ly/1VZpwlW
Along with key infrastructure positions, Civis Analytics is hiring Applied Data Science Managers and sales and marketing experts. View all of our open positions at https://civisanalytics.com/careers. All positions are onsite in either our Chicago or Washington, DC offices.
We are a team of engineers, data scientists, and statisticians building a cloud-based data science platform to change the way organizations use data. We're smart, fun, and a little bit weird. Does this sound like you?
#11 of 13NCC Group (formerly Matasano Security, iSEC Partners, and Intrepidus Group) - Austin, Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Sunnyvale, CA
Maybe you've been a builder, but have always thought breaking seemed more fun? Maybe you're a seasoned information security veteran looking for dedicated research time? Maybe you've always been intrigued by security, but never had a clear path for how to get started? Maybe you are an infosec wunderkind looking for a place where you can be exposed to a myriad of technologies and products over the course of a year? Maybe you mistyped a web address and somehow wound up here? With the exception of that last example, we'd love to hear from you!
Many of you will be familiar with NCC Group's legacy US names - Matasano Security, iSEC Partners, and Intrepidus Group. We're now all officially integrated under the NCC Group name and one happy family.
The bottom line: if you love security and research, NCC Group just may be a perfect fit for you.
What do we do exactly? Penetration testing, security analysis, and cutting-edge research into current technologies and attacks (breaking things). You spend most of your day thinking about security systems and how they can break. You get to be creative and have a lot of freedom to be clever while learning new technologies at a very fast pace. Engagements are usually 2-4 weeks long and in a year you will be exposed to 15-20 products and technology stacks. Your work will typically initiate person-months of security improvements in products millions of people use. You will have access to senior engineers/architects and your findings/ideas will be heard by senior decision makers. You will have enormous impact in making the software people use safer. All of our consultants are also security researchers, with dedicated research time. Not too shabby!
If you want to learn more about us check out our:
Cryptopals - http://cryptopals.com/
Microcorruption - http://microcorruption.com/
Research - https://isecpartners.github.io/
If you're ready to apply, contact us at: https://www.nccgroup.trust/us/careers/. We'd love to hear from you!
#12 of 13REMOTE WORLDWIDE: various part-time and full-time positions.
We are NeoSmart Technologies (based in Chicago, IL) - as we like to bill ourselves, one of few startups making money selling real software and solving real problems. We develop and sell high-quality software solutions to consumers and businesses, solving tricky problems in (largely) niche domains elegantly and effectively.
We are currently looking for a number of business-minded individuals, developers, writers, and more to help us take everything to the next level.
* Full-time business developer direly needed. We have software solutions businesses are tripping over themselves to buy and other solutions that can reduce the operating expenses of some businesses ten-fold but we don't know how to sell. If you have what it takes to reach out to these companies and bring them in, if you want to help us take our software to the next level and sell it the way it deserves to be sold, we want you. Previous experience in the B2B market (esp. with contacts) is a huge bonus.
* AdWords (and/or other online advertising) expert? We've heard that ads are a dying business, but we don't buy it. If you know how to craft the right AdWords ads and bid for the right spots to drive good customers to a software business in the backup/recovery sector, look no further. Our developers and engineers have done their best but have ultimately failed to come up with an ad strategy on Google/Facebook/twitter that doesn't cost us an order of magnitude more than what it brings in. We admit failure, but we're not giving up. If you have experience in this field, please get in touch! We're selling real products that solve real problems and bring in real money (while saving our customers a ton in the process), but we need your help to make it happen!
* HTML/CSS developers wanted to modernize our existing site and create a mobile-friendly browsing experience for our users. If you have a talent for creating stunning landing pages or lightweight, snappy, and compatible websites - we want you! We're not interested in bloat and form over function; our websites follow our own software's mantra: sweet and simple. Our site is largely ASP.NET/C#, landing pages are pure HTML/CSS/JS. ASP.NET experience is not a must, but comes in handy to better-understand the templating.
* We are looking for desktop C# developers that can make a good-looking and intuitive product to join our time and expand our repertoire of award-winning, world-class software. Most of our products are system-level utilities, previous experience developing commercial Windows software solutions is recommended. You'll largely be responsible for small utilities and applications yourself.
* Are you a tech-savvy creative writer, who loves to experiment with software and explore new things? We are looking for writers and bloggers to expand our collection of guides, tutorials, and reviews! Windows and Mac experts are welcome; we are also highly-interested in doing new things in new and novel ways so if you have a penchant for something special (say, video reviews), introduce yourself. Experience with beta software and the courage to brave new versions of operating systems and experiment with the latest and greatest technology is a must. If this is you, please get in touch - we want to talk!
* Technical writers with experience in Windows and preferably also Linux/BSD that know their way around virtual machines - please get in touch! We want to expand our user manuals and our documentation for our technical support staff with state-of-the-art and up-to-date documentation. Help us make our users and our staff happy, and find potential for improvements while you're at it.
* IT experts with a knack for writing - we want to expand our online knowledgeable with more issues, better solutions, clearer instructions, and proper, vetted knowledge. Do you love researching? Have a penchant for QA work but want to apply it in novel and interesting ways? Help us document gotchas and find real (not folklore/he-said-she-said) fixes for Windows, Mac, and Linux errors to help make solving these problems easier for everyone out there.
You probably have an idea of what we do from the few paragraphs above. Here's the thing: we're flexible! Do you see an opportunity to do something different that we might love? Don't hesitate to get in touch, we're open-minded and we're hiring! We're accepting both freelancers, part-time remote employees, and full-time remote employees alike.
https://neosmart.net/ and you can contact me directly at email@example.com
#13 of 13SpotHero | Chicago, IL | http://spothero.com SpotHero is changing parking, and our tools will redefine the transportation industry. With over a million cars parked, fast growth, and solid funding (https://angel.co/spothero), SpotHero offers countless ways to make an impact on the company and your career.
★ Senior DevOps Engineer - http://spothero.com/careers/senior We love Ansible, single command deployments, and amazing infrastructure. There is a lot of blue sky work ahead, with a big opportunity to make a huge impact. We're scaling from 12 cities and half a million customers, to more than double that. And we need someone to lead the devops/infrastructure effort to get there.
★ Data Engineer - http://spothero.com/careers/data-engineer We have a ton of data sources, and a crap ton of data. Want to build our first real data warehouse? Love redshift, cassandra, luigi and airflow? We do too...
★ Senior Software Engineer in Test - http://spothero.com/careers#job-senior-qa-automation-enginee... QA is a part of every engineer's process here at SpotHero. However, we need someone dedicated to bringing automated test best practices to the team, and someone that can figure out how to test the really hard things. We have a love/hate relationship with Selenium. And if you don't know why, then you're probably not ready for this role. Come help us tame the beast...
★ Software Engineering Intern - http://spothero.com/careers/engineering-intern Interns are as important as Lead Engineers at SpotHero. They are the future of our team, and the future of our industry. You'll be paired with a Senior Engineer from day 1, and solving real problems that make it to production your first week. Buckle up and hold on tight, you're about to learn a crap ton here!!
★ Lead Software Engineer, iOS/Android No, we don't expect you to build both iOS and Android apps by yourself. BUT, you should know how to!! This role is half managing the iOS & Android apps, and half architecting & developing. You'll have both iOS and Android developers (1 for each platform) on your team, and you should be able to jump back and forth, as needed. If you're a first time manager, no worries; we'll coach you on those skills. Just be sure you're a master of both platforms.
★ Software Engineer, Android - http://spothero.com/careers/software-engineer-android SpotHero is a mobile product. If you love building Android apps, you'll love what we've got in store. We have an amazing Android app, that we' looking to do a full ground up redesign on. So there is a lot of bluesky work in the very near future.
★ Senior Product Manager, Mobile Apps - http://spothero.com/careers#job-senior-product-manager-mobil...
★ Senior UX Designer - http://spothero.com/careers#job-senior-ux-designer
★ Associate Product Manager - http://spothero.com/careers#job-associate-product-manager
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include any github account, linkedin profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.