#1 of 2Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom | Software Engineer | ONSITE and REMOTE, FULLTIME and PARTTIME | Interns considered | http://www.renderheads.com
- We make bespoke interactive software for museums, product launches, digital marketing campaigns etc.
- Every project is different - sometimes it's an interactive 3D 4K real-estate visualisation system, sometimes an educational game interfacing with Arduinos and the odd giant video wall.
- Besides software made to order, we also make and sell our own software - developer tools, video playback plugins for Unity
- Our main development tools are C#, Unity and C++
- We are flexible, offering remote working, and a combination of onsite and remote, full or part time based on the candidate.
- There is opportunity to travel as some of our projects require on-site installation of software and hardware
What we're after:
- You should be able to show us examples of things you've created in software
- Passion for creating interesting visual software
- Fast learner, hard worker
- C# / C++ experience
- Graphics related experience
- Shader experience
- Unity experience
- Hardware experience (Arduino, RaspberryPi etc)
- OpenGL / DirectX
- Web front/back-end
- Android / iOS app experience
- Back-end development
- DirectShow / video codec related experience
- Virtual Reality (VR) / Oculus Rift experience
Find more and apply at firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.renderheads.com/contact/
#2 of 2Spire Global (http://www.spire.com)| Locations: Glasgow; San Francisco; Singapore | VISA OK | Onsite only
Spacecraft Hardware Engineer | Spacecraft Software Engineer | Communications Architect | Logistics Coordinator | Technical Project Manager
Satellites, Space, Linux, C, Python, embedded systems, RTOS, microcontrollers, electronics and hardware, distributed systems and networking, EE, PCBs, etc.
Spire is a global nano-satellite powered data platform. We build and launch small remote-sensing "cubesats" to capture valuable data from the earth which we then offer to companies (AIS tracking and Maritime domain awareness, weather/climate, etc.).
On June 30th we announced our $40M series B led by Promus Ventures with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners (Skybox). This additional capital will help fuel our growth as we expand and advance the capabilities of our technology, and work to launch our first constellation of 20 cubesats by late 2015.
We are a fast moving, energetic start-up applying agile development principles to a traditionally sluggish and overly-burdened industry (and having fun doing it).
You will never be bored at Spire!
Please email Darin@spire.com if you are interested in learning more. Previous work in satellites not required.