#1 of 8Tweag I/O | Paris, France | ONSITE | Software Engineer (Haskell, C), DevOps Engineer | Scientific computing, Exascale storage
Tweag I/O is looking for distributed systems engineers and a devops engineer to join a brand new team starting on a new, fully funded 3 year project in Haskell and in C to develop the next wave of storage solutions, targeted at the Exascale.
We are a research and development laboratory at the heart of Europe, applying functional programming techniques to tame the complexity of distributed systems and scale predictably. Most of our existing folks have a PL research and/or formal methods background and enjoy demonstrating the correctness of their solutions with gusto: randomized test case generation, model checking in SPIN/Promela or interactive theorem proving using Coq. We are active maintainers of the Cloud Haskell project and authors of the HaskellR project, among other open source contributions.
We are a distributed company with a presence across Europe (and a smidgeon in South America), but for this position we're looking to have you join a local team near our headquarters here in Paris. We're pretty happy to look at helping you relocate if you're up to spending some time in this beautiful city. Fluency in French not required.
If you'd love the opportunity and the space to solve the hard problems of science's large dataset infrastructure, by systematically decomposing them into simple, orthogonal solutions that compose and commute like in algebra, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#2 of 8Boiler Room | London | Web Developer | full time, ONSITE
Boiler Room is the world’s leading community of underground music fans. We live-stream DJ sets from underground music hubs such as London, Berlin, New York, Paris, LA and many others to music lovers all over the world. It started as a webcam taped to a warehouse wall in East London - in five years it has grown to become the online home of underground music, and also a complex broadcasting and editorial platform in its own right.
Our website hasn’t caught up with this huge expansion - it currently runs on WordPress and is in sore need of a complete overhaul. We’re in the process of totally redesigning it, giving us the opportunity to choose the perfect tech stack. You’ll be an essential part of a dev team currently consisting of 2 developers and 2 designers. You ideally have strong opinions about how web development should be done in 2015, and you should be able to come up with and implement new ideas for consuming & sharing online music experiences.
Going forward, we have some really exciting ideas around peer-to-peer audio and video streaming. We have upwards of a million pageviews on our site a month, and that’s not including the hundreds of millions of views that our videos have accumulated on YouTube and Dailymotion.
(...on top of that you’ll of course be able to go to & invite your friends to our exclusive parties being live-streamed on the site!)
If this sounds like your kind of jam, give me a shout on email@example.com!
#3 of 8Onsite Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Paris - FR
Ref. CS-backend-2015-08-SRO URL http://www.contentsquare.com/en/jobs/#senior-site-reliabilit...
Content Square is one of the current fastest growing company, deploying lots of analytics tools through a critical data pipeline. This infrastructure needs to remain strongly reliable and available, with minimum downtimes.
- Build and maintain alerting tools, metrics, and methodologies to reduce possible downtimes. - Ensure production-ready applications fit the expected availability constraints. - React to system inefficiencies and resolve issues quickly to ensure system availability and performance. - Troubleshooting experience tracking down performance, load, networking, I/O and memory problems. Coordinate engineering and external communications.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux system administration. - Experience with monitoring systems using tools (like Nagios, Icinga, Shinken, OpenTSDB) and writing health checks. - Interest in learning and managing newer technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Kafka… - Experience of a classical network stack : CDN, DNS, load balancers, TCP/IP... - Good understanding of how to think about data durability (think backups, max time to recovery, and generally how to avoid losing data at all costs)
- Experience with system management tools like Puppet or Chef - Experience with Scala and/or JVM.
#4 of 8Deezer - deezer.com / Paris, France
Senior Android Software Engineer - Core Team [VISA]
Press play on your next adventure! Music uplifts, it makes us get up and dance, it adds colour to life. Here at Deezer, it fuels everything we do. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you're in the right place. Behind the code and the pixels is the team. From all over the world, with diverse talents and skills, we're building something incredible – together. Now, here’s the fun part… We are looking for an experienced Android Engineer with a passion for technology and product quality. We aim at strengthening the mobile Android team with a creative and innovative problem-solver, who is able to cope with a challenging environment.If you want to work on an app with big audience and help millions of Android users listening to their favorite artists all over the world, then join the team!
- Working closely with the whole Android team and helping them achieve their objectives. - Ensuring that all the code written, and the architecture is high quality and scalable - Improving the production process with innovative solutions and tools - Solving complex problems with smart solutions
- Start-up environment and philosophy, right in the center of Paris - Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation - In-house Deezer Sessions with your favorite artists, gig tickets - Friday drinks, summer and winter parties - A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks - Areas to relax and collaborate with beanbags, guitars and table football - An ‘at home’ vibe, with great outdoor spaces - Gym access at Deezer HQ, with lunch-time yoga, pilates and thai boxing classes
more infos and other jobs offers -> http://www.deezer.com/company/jobs_offer_description/ogLb0fw...
You can also mail me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
#5 of 8NEXEDI | Lille/Munich/Paris/Tokyo | ONSITE | multiple 6-12 months TRAINEE/INTERNS positions
We try to maintain our group of 6-8 trainees contributing to ongoing projects or prototyping things we are curious about.
- Unhosted Social Network
- Python Big Data Platform
- Babel Rina Port
- HTML5 Web Component Framework
- Convergent App
- HTML5 Productivity App Store
- Decentralized Web Cloud
- Binary Version Control System
- Web Version Control System
- Web Blockchain Storage
- Mesh OS
- Web Mesh Network
- ERP5 WebAssembly
- are developing strictly open-source since 2001
- do a lot of research, mostly via EU-funded projects
- are a small team (headquarters in Lille, France)
- are fun to work with
Topic Details: http://www.nexedi.com/jobs
Apply To: jobs(at)nexedi.com
#6 of 8Stupeflix | Paris or remote | https://about.stupeflix.com/jobs
We're a small team of engineers passionate about video creation. We make Replay (replayapp.com), 2014 App of the Year in 34 countries, demoed on stage at Apple Keynote, 9M downloads and just getting started. Currently hiring Android, iOS, full stack web developers, creative coders and computer vision specialists. Join us!
#7 of 8Synthesio - http://www.synthesio.com | Multiple positions | Remote or NYC
We're one of the leading social media analytics companies - every month we pull in >2bn pieces of social data, and allow our users to slice and dice that data to answer all sorts of interesting questions, like:
- Why are people buying our products vs. our competitors?
- What people on social media are driving discussion about our brand?
- How can we calculate what subjects are getting people excited about a particular political candidate?
I'm the VP product here in NYC, while our engineering team is in Paris. I'm looking to hire a couple of positions reporting to me, and then we're hiring a bunch of folks throughout the organization.
Solutions Engineer - http://synthes.io/1IAxN5A
This is a presales engineer role, but with some fun extras. Since you're reporting with the product organization and R&D, we spend more time working on product strategy and partnerships than a typical SE does. The ideal candidate will be someone who can talk APIs and implementation plans as well as a deep and abiding interest in big data and social analytics. This position is ideally based in NYC, but open potentially to remote for exceptional folks.
Functional QA Manager - http://synthes.io/1KMaTw0
We're looking for someone to drive our QA and testing strategy forward - how do you test a platform that can analyze data across hundreds of different metrics, with millions of different sources? How much can be automated vs. what needs to be done by people? What do the right test plans look like for extremely complex scenarios? This position could be remote, or NYC.
There are links to the job postings next to the title, you can always feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have any questions or comments, or you can also reach out to our internal recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the rest of our job postings, take a look at: http://synthesio.applytojob.com/
#8 of 8eYeka | Full-stack Engineer | Paris, France | ONSITE | https://www.eyeka.com
At eYeka, we believe in the collective intelligence and exponential creative power of crowds. We nurture a global community of more than 320,000 creative individuals around the world who deliver fresh ideas and original content by participating in crowdsourcing competitions.
We are looking for a senior full-stack engineer. We are a small technical team, part of medium-sized multicultural organization, where your every action will be meaningful! Our current production stack make use of AWS, Rails, sinatra, mysql, redis, jquery, angular and more.
More information about this job: http://www.railsfrance.org/jobs/full-stack-web-developer Apply through email@example.com