#1 of 5HubSpot | Cambridge/Boston/Dublin | full time, onsite
Looking for front-end (React/Flux, Backbone, ES6/CoffeeScript) and back-end (Java8, HBase, Kafka, Hadoop/Spark, ElasticSearch) developers who enjoy working in small teams that own significant parts of our products. Developer autonomy and responsibility are what fuels our product culture. Our products are helping transform how small businesses do marketing & sales so they grow while delighting their customers.
Or ping me (champion at hubspot) with any questions.
#2 of 5MongoDB | NYC, Dublin | ONSITE | FULLTIME
MongoDB, Inc. is the company behind MongoDB, the open-source, document database designed for ease of development and scaling. If you're a systems administrator, infrastructure engineer, devops engineer, or in a similar role, we'd like to talk to you.
MongoDB is hiring in NYC and Dublin for infrastructure engineering positions:
• Systems Engineer (Core Infra, NYC): https://www.mongodb.com/careers/positions?gh_jid=66414
• Systems Engineer (Core Infra, Dublin): https://www.mongodb.com/careers/positions?gh_jid=82452
• Systems Engineer (Build, NYC): https://www.mongodb.com/careers/positions?gh_jid=75637
• Systems Engineer (Cloud, NYC): https://www.mongodb.com/careers/positions?gh_jid=71693
• Information Security Engineer (NYC): https://www.mongodb.com/careers/positions?gh_jid=66561
For a list of positions across all teams, please visit https://www.mongodb.com/careers If you have questions about the positions listed above (I'm the hiring manager or can put you in touch with one) or want to reach out for anything else, you can contact me at (HN username) @mongodb.com.
#3 of 5ONSITE in NYC, SF and many other locations | Engineers, Designers, Product Manager | VISA and RELOCATION assistance
Pivotal Labs is a division of Pivotal Inc.
Labs helps clients to become better at development. For engineering we are religiously lean and agile -- in practice that means we pair program and TDD every line of code from the outside. Our product managers are fantastic at keeping products sharply focused, our designers are masters from users to pixels. We have a growing data science practice, and some engagements include all four roles. If you want to work in product instead of consulting, we also have dozens of teams working on Cloud Foundry, Big Data Suite, Spring and I probably forgot some cool stuff. Or you can rotate: I had a 7-month secondment to Cloud Foundry which was awesome.
Our NYC office is growing fast to meet exploding demand for Labs, Cloud Foundry and Big Data Suite.
We are also hiring in all our offices, including new offices: SF, Palo Alto, Los Angeles, Seattle, Boulder, Denver, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, Toronto, London, Dublin, Berlin, Tokyo and Sydney.
We provide visa and relocation assistance. In the NYC office we have about 15 people from overseas, including Australians like me.
At the office we have free breakfast, weekly tech talks, good benefits and competitive pay. Ping pong is not mandatory, but it's popular. I think west-coast ping pong is harder to beat, but east-coast style is more entertaining to watch. The beer fridge has more IPA than I prefer but I guess that's life in paradise.
Frankly this is the best job I've ever had -- I've learnt more here than anywhere else. Everyone is smart and fun to work with.
We look for aptitude over APIs. It doesn't matter wether your resumé says PHP or PhD: if you're smart, know some stuff and have empathy, I and my peers want to work with you.
You can apply through our website: http://pivotal.io/careers, but if you email me -- firstname.lastname@example.org -- I can take advantage of our generous referral program and answer any private questions you might have.
#4 of 5Logentries - https://logentries.com - Dublin, Ireland - ONSITE
Logentries is a real-time log management and analytics service targeting mostly the DevOps and IT market.
We are currently looking for DevOps, Software and Automation engineers to work in a creative and challenging environment to get shit done. Our architecture is highly distributed, written mostly in Java with some Scala, Python and C sprinkled around. The frontend part is Django with Angular and Bootstrap 3. We also maintain a set of open source libraries to integrate with our platform.
If you feel strongly about a good number (between 5-42) of the elements below send your CV to email@example.com :
• Passionate about Software Development and Delivery (your contribution will be visible)
• Like to automate
• Agility (our standups lasts less than 5 minutes!)
• Strong relevant CS fundamentals: basic data structures, asymptotic analysis, intractability, basic network protocols
• Hands on experience with Linux (not only using your DE), we are currently using Debian
• Practical experience with developing and testing web applications
• Practical experience with a low[ish] level language (C/C++/Objective-C/Java/C#, e.t.c). We mostly use Java.
• Practical experience with a high-level language (we use Python a lot, but Ruby/Lua/Groovy/Clojure, e.t.c is good)
• Experience with at least one Relational and one NoSQL data store
• Like to work in an international team
• Things like Brewer's CAP theorem, consistent hashing, false sharing and the FLP impossibility are meaningful to you
• Contributing to open source projects
#5 of 5Dublin, Ireland - NLP Engineer at AYLIEN  (Onsite)
AYLIEN is hiring an NLP Engineer to join the Text and Image Analysis startup in Dublin, Ireland.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a team of talented Scientists and Engineers at AYLIEN.
* Your responsibilities:
- Improve and extend NLP capabilities of AYLIEN’s Text Analysis engine.
- Research and evaluate new/different approaches to NLP problems.
- Produce deliverable results and take them from development to production in collaboration with our engineers.
- Engage in knowledge sharing with rest of the team.
* You must have:
- Strong Machine Learning background and familiarity with R, WEKA, RapidMiner, etc.
- Expertise in at least 3 of the following: Sentiment Analysis, Entity Extraction, Document Classification, Topic Modeling, Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and Natural Language Generation (NLG).
- Strong understanding of text pre-processing and normalization techniques, such as tokenization, POS tagging and parsing and how they work at a low level.
- Strong knowledge of Java or Python, and general software development skills (source code management, debugging, testing, deployment, etc.)
- Expertise in producing, processing, evaluating and utilizing training data.
* Would be great if you have:
- MSc./PhD in CS, Computational Linguistics or related fields.
- Good understanding of linguistics and language as a phenomenon.
- Experience with non-English NLP.
- Experience with Deep Learning and Word Embeddings.
- Experience with open-source NLP toolkits such as CoreNLP, OpenNLP, NLTK, gensim, LingPipe, Mallet, etc.
- Experience with open-source ML/math toolkits such as scikit-learn, MLlib, Theano, NumPy, etc.
If you're interested, shoot us an email with your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org