#1 of 2Pixar Animation Studios is looking for an onsite Senior UNIX Systems Administrator in Emeryville, CA.
Pixar's Systems Infrastructure team builds, manages, and secures the systems the studio depends on to twiddle bits and make movies. We work to ensure there is sufficient server, network, and data center capacity to react to changes in schedule, workflow, or resource demand. We help to keep the good things secure and the bad folks at bay.
Services we manage directly include access control, authentication, communications, data transfer, name service, intrusion detection, remote access, and virtualization.
We are looking for someone with a drive to learn and innovate. The ideal candidate will help us find ways to build and manage services in a repeatable, collaborative DevOps style, solving problems before anyone notices them and leaving systems more reliable and secure than they found them.
This position is perfect for an experienced sys admin who has worn many hats and enjoys swapping them several times a day.
#2 of 2Gracenote: Emeryville, CA (SF Bay Area) - Full time, No remote - on-site only, relocation possible, no visa sponsorship possible.
Interested in working on crawlers and distributed systems? Interested in functional languages like Clojure and Scala? Gracenote is hiring a senior software engineer.
Gracenote is the top provider of entertainment information, creating industry-leading databases of TV, movie, and music metadata for entertainment guides and applications. Our technology serves billions of requests daily to hundreds of millions of devices around the world.
You’ll be working a set of crawlers responsible for discovering, acquiring and storing data and applications that make use of that data.
If interested email me at this username at gracenote. No 3rd parties, no recruiters please.
Responsibilities: - Write well-designed, well-tested code that performs well
- Design, implement, and own new systems – from design to operations
- Occasional on-call operations / support - Reduce technical debt in existing systems (refactoring, testing…etc)
- Proactively look for ways to make our software more scalable, reliable and fun
- Help change the way we think about solving problems
Requirements: - Strong background in Java, Ruby, Python or another OO language (our current stack)
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack
- Familiarity with a variety of (relational and non-relational) databases/data stores
- Experience with AWS (or another infrastructure platform)
Pluses: - Experience with web crawling, scraping
- Experience with Clojure, Scala, Hive, or Go
- Experience with functional programming, functional architectures
- Experience with data processing architectures with Kafka, Storm, or Spark.
- Experience with ZooKeeper, etcd or similar
- Experience with Chef
- GitHub repo / Open Source