#1 of 1FrackOptima | Riverside, CA | Remote OK
My email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FrackOptima is a startup in the petroleum industry that aims to make hydraulic fracturing safer and more efficient through industry-leading simulation software. We are currently a small, 3-person team based in Riverside, CA, but we are already in the middle of a few development contracts with some very large companies, including Shell Oil Company. We get requests every week from other companies who want to use our software, but sometimes we have to turn them away because we simply need more manpower!
We are looking for someone with extensive desktop GUI and graphics programming experience to help us refactor and improve our user interface. Our software is currently being used by dozens of researchers across a few large companies, and we need your help to build the next generation UI by using feedback from our existing customers and your experience.
- Experience with a large GUI codebase (using Qt is a plus since we use PyQt/PySide)
- Experience with Python (C++ is great too, especially if you used Qt)
- Self-directed and a thirst for learning
- Very effective communicator, especially if you are working remotely
- Experience leading the development of or architecting a large user-facing application
- Experience in scientific programming
- Engineering experience or an interest in applied physics (we use solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, various numerical methods for a tightly coupled simulation).
- A technical degree. Having a non-CS technical degree is perfectly fine. In fact, all three current team members have either an MS or PhD in mechanical engineering!
- Extensive graphics programming experience