#1 of 2Codility (https://codility.com/) | Warsaw, Poland | ONSITE | FULLTIME
We provide an online coding test engine for recruitment screening. Think programming contests/olympiads but much easier (or FizzBuzz but slightly harder). Some of our programming problems are also freely available for training (see https://codility.com/programmers).
We're a small company (about 10 programmers and 30 employees in total) with many ideas how to expand our product. For me, the most interesting part is that at our scale, any contribution you make is very visible, and that there are plenty of opportunities to try out something new. I have been working with Codility for 2.5 years now and it has been real fun to see the team grow, improve our skills and learn new things.
As for the technical details: we are built around Python, Django and Postgres (along with some low-level C, as well as Ruby in the infrastructure code). We practice code reviews, pair programming and continuous delivery.
We are currently looking for full-stack software engineers; as well as people with strong frontend experience. For details, see https://codility.com/jobs/, or just e-mail me at email@example.com.
#2 of 2Teradata Labs | local in Boston, MA or remote within US timezone; local in Warsaw, Poland | H1B transfer OK
Our group within Teradata Labs (Teradata Center for Hadoop) is an active contributor to the SQL on Hadoop open source project PrestoDB. We're looking for senior software engineers to join us in bringing PrestoDB to the enterprise!
- Presto is entirely written in Java 8
- Admin and infra support tools are written in Python
- Git for source control
- We are big believers in continuous integration so we run builds and tests continuously on Jenkins
- We use Chef, Vagrant, Docker and Cobbler for automated installation and environment provisioning
As a Senior Engineer you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Building new functionality into Presto to increase enterprise adoption. “Thinking at Scale” and being a performance conscious engineer
- Applying strong familiarity with algorithms and complexity analysis, database systems, and distributed systems concepts
- Writing unit, integration, and system tests that run in our continuous integration environment
- Collaborating with teams members to solve engineering problems
The Teradata Center for Hadoop was established through the acquisition of a startup (Hadapt) and so the culture and feel of our office is still very much that of a startup.
E-mail me directly if you're interested :) anton -DOT- petrov -AT- teradata -DOT- com