#1 of 2Dublin, Ireland - NLP Research Engineer at AYLIEN  (Onsite)
AYLIEN is hiring an NLP Research Engineer to join the Text and Image Analysis startup in Dublin, Ireland. This is a unique opportunity to work with a team of talented Scientists and Engineers at AYLIEN.
* Your responsibilities:
- Improve and extend NLP capabilities of AYLIEN’s Text Analysis engine.
- Research and evaluate new/different approaches to NLP problems.
- Produce deliverable results and take them from development to production in collaboration with our engineers.
- Engage in knowledge sharing with your colleagues.
* You must have:
- Strong Machine Learning background and familiarity with modern Machine Learning paradigms and concepts, such as Deep Neural Networks and Deep Learning.
- Expertise in at least 3 of the following tasks: Sentiment Analysis, Entity Extraction, Text Classification, Topic Modeling, Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and Natural Language Generation (NLG).
- Strong understanding of text pre-processing and normalization techniques, such as tokenization, POS tagging and parsing and how they work at a low level.
- Strong knowledge of Java or Python, and general software development skills (source code management, debugging, testing, deployment, etc.)
- Expertise in producing, processing, evaluating and utilizing datasets.
* Would be great if you have:
- MSc./PhD in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics or related fields.
- Good understanding of linguistics and language as a phenomenon.
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and its subfields.
- Experience with non-English NLP.
- Experience with open-source NLP toolkits such as CoreNLP, OpenNLP, NLTK, gensim, LingPipe, Mallet, etc.
- Experience with open-source ML and science toolkits such as scikit-learn, MLlib, DeepLearning4J, Theano, Torch, Keras, Lasagne, NumPy, etc.
- Published work in academic conferences/journals.
Interested? Please send a brief introduction and your CV to email@example.com and we’ll take it from there.
#2 of 2Pivotal | ONSITE SF, NYC, Palo Alto and many, many locations worldwide | Engineers, Designers, Product Managers, Data Scientists | Visa and relocation assistance
First things first. We look for aptitude over APIs. It doesn't matter whether your resumé says PHP or PhD: if you're smart, know some stuff and have empathy, we want to work with you.
Pivotal's goal is to change the way the world makes software and we kinda sorta really mean it. We're broken into three basic divisions: Pivotal Labs (yes, that Pivotal Labs), Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Pivotal Big Data. Rotations between divisions, temporarily or permanently, are possible.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York City, Santa Monica, Palo Alto, Seattle, Boulder, Denver, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, Toronto, London, Dublin, Tokyo and Sydney. We will soon be opening an office in Berlin as well, with more to come. Relocations, temporarily or permanently, are possible.
Each of the three divisions has a constantly evolving and deliberately cross-pollinated culture. We are constantly thinking about how we work and how we can work more sensibly, effectively and enjoyably. Right now we are particularly trying to grow in Labs and Cloud Foundry.
-- Pivotal Labs, from which the company draws its name and cultural seed, helps clients to become better at development. For engineering we are religiously lean and agile. In practice that means we pair program and TDD every line of code from the outside. Our product managers are fantastic at keeping products sharply focused, our designers are masters from users to pixels. We have a growing data science practice, and some engagements include all four roles.
-- Cloud Foundry solves application deployment and management. We're the main contributors to the Cloud Foundry project. We're constantly improving the leading opensource PaaS -- our distribution has the fastest-growing sales of any opensource product ever.
It's also the only PaaS I'd personally bet a company on. Except for integrated upstream code, every line is pair programmed and TDD'd. We dogfood the cutting edge of the technology on our own commercial public cloud (Pivotal Web Services). It works because we took the XP and Lean DNA of Pivotal Labs and scaled it up to build the best cloud platform bar none.
At our offices we have free breakfast, weekly tech talks, good benefits and competitive pay. Ping pong is not mandatory, but it's popular. I think west-coast ping pong is harder to beat, but east-coast style is more entertaining to watch. The beer fridge has more IPA than I prefer but I guess that's life in paradise.
We provide visa and relocation assistance. In the NYC office we have about 15 people from overseas, including Australians like me.
You can apply through our website: http://pivotal.io/careers. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to answer any questions you might have and potentially help me score one of our generous referral bonuses.
For what it's worth, I'm just an engineer. My replies might not be immediate, sorry.