#1 of 4Full Circle - Houston, Tx - Rails Developer - Full-Time
We are a small team of developers supporting a growing business which provides organic/locally-sourced groceries, delivered weekly, on a subscription-based model. Originally started by an organic farmer just outside of Seattle, WA, Full Circle now delivers to much of Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, and Alaska. This position is part of our Houston-based development team that supports our operational platform and customer portal SPA.
You must have:
- a bachelor's in CS or at least 4 years of relevant experience
- the ability to work from home as necessary (our Houston base is small and without a full-time space yet)
You should be:
- experienced in coding non-trivial web applications
- comfortable designing, refactoring, and normalizing SQL schema (we use MySQL)
- adept at using git and linux
You would ideally be:
- familiar with elements of a distributed architecture (job queues, batch processing, caching, etc.)
If you are interested please send your resume and an introduction to: email@example.com
#2 of 4CS Disco -- Houston, TX -- Full Time -- Front-End Engineer -- http://csdisco.com
Disco is looking for passionate front-end engineers to join our team! Our mission is to sit at the intersection of great technology and deep domain expertise to change the way law is practiced. Instead of being religious about any specific technology, we focus on using whatever helps us solve our problems and deliver a fantastic experience for our users.
You will be a key part of our team: working alongside product managers, designers, and other engineers on improving our current and future products.
We’re looking for people who want to join a team that cares deeply about user experience and a relentless pursuit toward making things better, simpler, faster and easier.
Come join us! For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
#3 of 4Houston Astros | Houston, TX | ONSITE | Sports Science and Performance Analyst
The Houston Astros are seeking an Analyst to support the Sports Medicine and Performance team. This position will work closely with the Director of Sports Medicine & Performance and the Research & Development team to conduct research and develop methods to advance the organization’s efforts to reduce injury and optimize performance.
Please apply through Teamwork Online at the link here if you're interested:
If you have any questions about the position, feel free to e-mail me at username at astros dot com, and I'll answer what I can. (Please do not send resumes or applications to my e-mail, only through Teamwork.)
#4 of 4Vurb - San Francisco, CA (H1B OK) - http://vurb.com - Full Time only
Featured 12/27 on NYT as one of 12 "must-have" travel apps
Vurb combines mobile search, apps, and messaging - partnering with services like Yelp, Foursquare, Rotten Tomatoes, etc. Rather than jumping between different apps to find something, we're bringing your apps and your friends together in one place - an app you'll use every day. Won TC Disrupt - http://techcrunch.com/2015/08/20/vurbchat/
INVESTORS: Max Levchin, Drew Houston, Naval Ravikant, CrunchFund, Redpoint, Tencent + others.
APPLY IF: You are looking for a rapidly growing small team and the opportunity to take on significant responsibility and ship quickly. Examples of challenging problems that you could help us solve include:
- Manage and index millions of objects around places, events, movies, etc with blazing fast read-write access
- Develop search relevance and content discovery infrastructure on millions of objects and TB’s of data
- Develop mobile apps for not only scaling app performance but architecting the app to support a growing number of services and verticals
* Search / Data Scientist / Data Engineer - search, classification, ranking, ML, graphs, data crawling/processing. Advanced CS degree required.
* Mobile Engineer - iOS / Android engineers (2+ years experience)
* Product Designer - UI/UX
INTERESTED? http://vurb.com/careers | email@example.com