#1 of 11Convoy | https://convoy.com | Seattle, WA | Relocation | ONSITE | INTERNS
We're optimizing the trucking and logistics industry; automating what is, today, a $749B industry that still runs on fax machines and phone calls. Currently backed by top tier investors. Read about us: http://fortune.com/2015/10/27/superstar-investors-back-convo...
I'm employee #3 at this company, having worked at big companies like Google and small startups before I can say I've never had a bigger opportunity for success than this. The team of engineers are smarter than any team I've ever been on, I'm growing as an engineer and leader every day, the problems we are solving are very real and we are impacting peoples lives every day. I couldn't ask for a better situation!
Software engineers / Designers / Sales / Operations. Engineering positions available:
• Mobile engineer - We have Android and iOS apps, and we’re interested in people competent in either native or react-native mobile development (both is a huge plus). These are beautiful, bulletproof apps that solve real-world problems for truck drivers and carriers.
• Back-end engineer - We’ve got some fun CS problems to solve around route optimization and market making, plus working on the API that connects all these clients. If you’re a high-performing engineer but don’t have one of these specific tools on your belt, we’d still love to talk. We trust awesome people to learn the tech!
If you're in Seattle (or willing to relocate) and looking to be on a small team where you can have a huge impact, email me at email@example.com or check out our jobs page https://convoy.com/about.html#jobs
#2 of 11VividCortex | Charlottesville, VA | INTERNS, ONSITE | https://www.vividcortex.com/
Local (Charlottesville area) candidates only, please!
VividCortex is the best way to see what production database systems are doing. Our database monitoring platform is used by major companies like King, GitHub, DigitalOcean, and Etsy to monitor their MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis servers.
We're looking for interns to join our young, lean, energetic company with a great get-it-done culture.
Our technology stack consists of AWS, Kafka, MySQL, and Go on the backend; Symfony, AngularJS, and D3 on the frontend. Our exciting technical challenges include high-performance database protocol decoding, statistical anomaly detection, adaptive fault detection, time series storage, and stream processing.
Interested? Please contact me at preetam [at] vividcortex.com!
Engage is looking for a front end development intern. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated student or recently graduated student interested in pursuing a career in web development and is excited to work with our in-house development team. Primarily, you'd be working with our front end developer, taking Photoshop files from our design team and hand coding in the HTML and CSS to make the PSDs into functioning slices.
This internship is located in Alexandria, VA (in the Washington DC metro area) and you must be able to work on-site. This internship can be part or full time based on your availability (we're flexible). This is a paid internship. We welcome foreign students who can acquire work authorization (F-1, J-1, etc) to apply for all of our internships.
Engage is looking for a web development intern. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated student or recently graduated student interested in pursuing a career in web development and is excited to work with our in-house development team. You'd be working with our back end and front end web developers building custom websites and applications, using PHP; primarily, we work in WordPress and Laravel.
This internship is located in Alexandria, VA (in the Washington DC metro area) and you must be able to work on-site. This internship can be part or full time based on your availability (we're flexible). This is a paid internship.We welcome foreign students who can acquire work authorization (F-1, J-1, etc) to apply for all of our internships.
#5 of 11PromptWorks - New York, NY and Philadelphia, PA.
All positions ONSITE, 1 of the positions for INTERNS. Relocation assistance available.
We are a development shop that focuses on software craftsmanship. Our calling is to help companies create amazing, intuitive web applications, APIs, products, and services.
Pair programming, continuous integration & delivery, kaizen, and TDD/BDD aren't just ideas we pay lip service to, but core practices of our day-to-day work.
Open positions in Philadelphia:
Open positions in New York:
- Senior Software Engineer - Software Engineer - Senior Front-end Engineer - Sales Intern
- Senior Software Engineer
More info: http://www.promptworks.com/jobs/
#6 of 11JustWatch (Berlin, Germany) is always out for smart, entrepreneurial thinking INTERNS & working students ONSITE, especially:
- Backend Engineering (Golang, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Docker)
- Webapp Engineering (Angular, Ionic, Cordova)
- DevOps / Infrastructure engineering
- Campaign Management & Growth Hacking
- an intense learning culture with high degrees of autonomy and room for personal growth
- a sane development process with lots of code reviews and pairing
- great mentoring and regular feedback
- every two weeks is Dev Day, reserved for automation, simplification and tech talks
- 6 founders, each with a solid track record, equity possible for any level
- we're founder owned, sustainable and rather share the company with our employees than with VCs
- B2C and B2B products with great traction already
Come see us at: https://www.justwatch.com/us/talent
#7 of 11Dstillery - NYC, New York
Dstillery is hiring Engineers!
Dstillery is a machine-learning product company that has built a strong foundation in the adtech industry and is exploring opportunities to branch out into other applications. Join us, and you'll gain deep experience developing systems at scale and working with a world-class data science team (winners of multiple KDD Best Paper and other awards). We're still pretty small on the engineering team, and everyone gets their hands dirty and makes a real impact.
We're mostly a Java shop. Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, and Kafka are big parts of our stack, and we're always looking for new tech that helps us work at scale. Experience with these is a big plus, but if you've never used them before that's fine too. If you write clean, tested, working code, think through problems, and know how to ship, we want to talk to you.
We're a Crain's Best Place to Work in NYC for the 3rd year in a row. We play Ultimate or Soccer on Fridays, have a company band, game nights, and dev seminars where we talk tech and learn from each other. We keep sane hours and don't track vacation. And we've recently started using a work-sample in our hiring process, so no coding at a whiteboard with someone over your shoulder or other high-stress interview awfulness.
Contact me for more info, firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply:
Senior Software Engineer: https://boards.greenhouse.io/dstillery/jobs/36447
Software Engineer: https://boards.greenhouse.io/dstillery/jobs/11316
Software Engineer INTERNS (Summer 2016): https://boards.greenhouse.io/dstillery/jobs/124826
All roles are ONSITE in NYC.
#8 of 11Passport Inc - Charlotte, NC - INTERN, FULLTIME We’re building mobile payment solutions for parking and transit. No more coins! We've found the best way to form a relationship is through our programming challenge. Just show us your skills.
Feel free to reach out if you have questions or you need extra motivation to complete the challenge. Cheers, Brad email@example.com
#9 of 11Citymapper. London, UK. (ONSITE VISA INTERNS)
Help build the world's best urban navigation app!
We are recruiting for all roles: mobile and backend, data science, DevOps, design, marketing, and more. PhDs especially welcome to apply.
See https://citymapper.com/jobs/ Contact me at emil at citymapper dot com -----
#10 of 11REMOTE / VISA / INTERNATIONAL REMOTE / SAN FRANCISCO: Rainforest QA (YC S12) is hiring for all sorts of engineering and sales roles. You can checkout the details, plus more about the company at https://www.rainforestqa.com/jobs :)
#11 of 11Blue Canyon Technologies | Boulder, Colorado (ONSITE) | http://bluecanyontech.com | FULL-TIME
Aerospace Software Engineer
Blue Canyon Technologies is a small business specializing in spacecraft component and systems design and development. Our current product portfolio ranges from Star Trackers and Reaction Wheels, to complete spacecraft guidance, navigation and control systems to entire spacecraft systems. The BCT development team has experience designing and building spacecraft for DOD, NASA, and commercial aerospace organizations, including the design, development, test and operations of more than 20 diverse systems currently in operation and providing reliable service for our country and the world.
Blue Canyon Technologies is looking for a Software Engineer. This Engineer would be working in a team environment, sometimes with remote team members, engaging in full life-cycle development (plan, design, verify, certify) of embedded software for operation and control of a variety of spacecraft components and subsystems. Development work will span Matlab, autocoding, programming in C, FPGA interfaces, and verification using aerospace standard approaches.
* Experience with all phases of the software lifecycle (design, implementation, testing, and support) * Software used production/in the field by a customer is a must
* Working knowledge of formal software development practices
* Version control, coding standards, naming conventions, build/release procedures, and code reviews by peers
* Understanding of how to write concurrent software correctly and reliably
* Well-versed in the C programming language
* Embedded software experience writing device drivers to interface with hardware
* Experience interfacing to custom hardware (e.g. FPGAs, ASICs, CPLDs) is a plus
* Ability to debug if a problem is being caused by hardware or software
* Good documentation and communication skills
* Experience with network programming, especially TCP/IP and/or security
* Experience with operating system concepts, especially RTOS and/or Linux
* Experience with shell scripts (Bash), MATLAB, Simulink, and/or Ruby
* Exposure (job, class project, internship) to spacecraft and/or ground stations
* Exposure to software defined radios, such as GNU Radio
* Strong understanding of quality software development processes