#1 of 12Amazon Flex | Seattle, Toronto, Phoenix, Austin [All ONSITE] | SDEs, Interns, SDETs | https://flex.amazon.com/
I'm an SDE on a Toronto-based team. This whole org is still being bootstrapped, and we need to hire more talented developers.
Amazon’s new delivery platform, Amazon Flex, aims to delight customers by delivering millions of packages faster than ever before. We are expanding our platform rapidly to new geographies and products from groceries to big-screen TVs in an increasingly complex transportation network.
Our Transportation Technology group is responsible for designing and implementing software that makes the delivery of these items possible in one hour or less. We are building software that predicts, plans, schedules, routes and executes on the speedy delivery promise in a cost effective manner.
Software at Amazon is typically "use whatever works best", but so far my corner of Flex has mostly been AWS and Java 8.
You can apply directly online: http://www.amazon.jobs/results?jobCategoryIds=70&searchStr...
Or send me an email- my username @ amazon.com. I'm happy to answer any questions, and forward resumes off to the managers/recruiting for a specific area you're interested in.
#2 of 12https://www.waveapps.com, Toronto , Fulltime
Wave is a top Toronto startup backed by amazing Silicon Valley investors. We build an ecosystem of back-office applications (like invoicing+payments, accounting, payroll, etc) for startups and small businesses.
At Wave you will:
* Build scalable, fault-tolerant, tested, API-centric backend services in Ruby or Python
* Use proven modern technologies to power financial grade distributed systems
* Participate in architecture conversations, code reviews, and pair programming
* Build rich user-centric experiences for businesses using modern front-end technologies (ReactJS, ES2015+)
What we offer:
* Top tier compensation
* Mentorship and career development
* Unlimited snacks and beverages
* Training and conference subsidy
* Flexible working hours
Apply here: https://www.waveapps.com/about-us/jobs/ and mention Hacker News in the subject!
#3 of 12Square: Developer Platform Engineers (server and mobile) | ONSITE: San Francisco | VISA
Note: other teams are hiring (NYC, Atlanta, Toronto) but I'm posting for my particular team: Developer Platform.
- Help us (tiny team, will grow and add responsibility) build the product and infrastructure for millions of merchants.
- APIs and SDKs for eCommerce and the Register point of sale
- Make it easy, scalable, and consistent to expose Square's products to external developers
- App Marketplace
- Architecture, availability, growth, and scalability of all public APIs
- Mobile and Server side areas of focus
- Junior and more Senior people welcome to apply
Lear more and apply (mention 'hacker news') http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?c=q8Z9VfwV&...
Or ping me on twitter @jawspeak
#4 of 12Mozilla Research | Intern | Bay Area, Paris & Toronto
We are looking for PhD or MS level interns to take on various projects within our Research Group: Rust, WebAssembly, Daala, Servo and more.
Past interns have done substantial work in Language Design, Compiler Optimizations, Garbage Collection, Static/Dynamic Analysis, Record-and-Replay Debugging, Parallel Algorithms, Video Codecs, and Web Application Optimization.
#5 of 12DIVE Networks | Toronto, Ontario | ONSITE | Full Time | Software Engineer
Hello friend! We build DIVE, a service that visualizes brand- and audience-related data in beautiful, fun, informative ways. Think "24 hour news channel for brands".
We are hiring a full-time Software Engineer to join our small, scrappy team of expert peers in our Toronto office. We're looking for a seasoned all-rounder to join our team... you must have solid experience building and shipping production software.
In 2015 we launched our first two products, and we're now working on expanding our content, data feeds, data visualizations, and automation. There's tons of challenging stuff to work on. We have great customer traction and are working with some of the world's top brands. The team is a truly decent bunch of human beings. The founders have all had successful startup exits. The company is founder- and angel-funded. We're taking on outside investment and scaling up like crazy to meet customer demand.
Some specifics about the work:
* Form factors range from large touch-sensitive screens and digital TV's to mobile devices and desktops * We ingest data from many different sources including leading social networks and data providers * The tech stack is Clojure, ClojureScript, Python, Datomic, Postgres, Ubuntu, and embedded hardware * We have a gong which we ring to celebrate all the things that need celebrating * We greatly value can-do attitude, desire to learn, and pride in craft
Contact us to learn more: firstname.lastname@example.org.
#6 of 12Nulogy - Toronto, Ontario, Canada - https://nulogy.com/careers Rails SaaS for Contract Packagers
Our motto is: "It’s Not Just Business, It’s Personal."
- Enable companies to perform the activities necessary to deliver personalized products more effectively.
- Allow companies in the supply chain network to collaborate and do business together more efficiently.
- Reveal transformative insights about the operations and network dynamics of the industry. Drive data-driven decision making and continuous improvement.
You can read about us in the Globe and Mail: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/rob-magazi...
- Deloitte: Technology Fast 50™ Canada - 2015
- Deloitte: Fast 500™ North America - 2015
- Aon Hewitt: Canada’s Best Small and Medium Employers, Platinum status - 2016
Currently hiring ONSITE, Full Time https://nulogy.com/careers
- Unlimited vacation. Because your results are your results. - 100% top-up for 13 weeks for any parent of biological or adopted children - $750/yr toward any extra help to make your family life easier for parents. - Free format hack days roughly once a month. - In office snacks and other nice little stuff.
Send your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com
#7 of 12WorldGaming | Toronto, ONT Canada | Full-time Onsite
WorldGaming is the premier destination for the community of eSports enthusiasts and competitive gamers to meet, watch, challenge and play in head-to-head matches and tournaments for cash and prizes. We offers robust community features with a variety of tournament formats such as brackets, team play and leaderboards. We are all gamers here!
Our stack: stackshare.io/worldgaming
- Java and Node Full Stack Software Engineers - http://www.indeed.ca/cmp/WorldGaming/jobs/Full-Stack-Softwar...
- Software Engineer in Test - http://www.indeed.ca/cmp/WorldGaming/jobs/Software-Engineer-...
Come check out us!
Ed CTO of WorldGaming
#8 of 12Toronto, Semi-Remote | JS Developer: Code for a cause!
We're proud of our universal health care, but our system faces difficult challenges. Hospital staff use "enterprise"-quality software that is hostile to its users. Doctors often struggle with the software's interfaces, and are unable to access the information that they need in a timely manner. Quality of care suffers.
Konode is bringing the fluidity and simplicity of modern web apps into the EMR (Electronic Medical Record) space, with a dedicated focus on bridging the gap between qualitative & quantitative observations. We depend on using the latest and greatest web-dev tools, and a short feedback loop with real professionals to make this possible.
We're ready to welcome a new code ninja with a genuine interest in developing meaningful software to help take this project to the next level.
Short-list of great perks to joining our team:
- Flexible schedule; shared office space at CSI Spadina
- A small and dedicated team (100% programmers)
- Happy, helpful team atmosphere. Good people and constructive workflow
- Real-world testing & feedback with network of health professionals
Sound good? On the technical side, our project runs on the NW.js platform and we use React for UI.
We are looking for a developer with significant experience in the following:
- ReactJS, AsyncJS, NodeJS, ImmutableJS
- Testing and Usability
- Open-Source Projects
- Version Control (we use Github)
Team members must be able to meet downtown Toronto periodically.
Ready to apply? Please email your resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
#9 of 12Uken Games www.uken.com Toronto, Canada ONSITE
Uken is looking for talented developers to help us build amazing mobile games. In particular, we have positions available for:
Help us scale our backend to enable a million concurrent players by creating the infrastructure and services (SOA) that underly all of our games. Primary tech is Rails and MySQL, but you'll be working with many more such as Docker, Redis, NSQ, websockets, Hadoop, Spark and InfluxDB.
We are one of the largest independent game studios in Canada, with hundreds of thousands of players a day across mobile and Facebook.
More info including full job postings at http://uken.com
#10 of 12Top Hat | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full-time
We're a profitable (and valley VC funded by some of the best funds in the world) education startup that helps make class more engaging. We've got some really cool problems to work on and your work would be impacting a huge number of students daily.
If you're not based in Canada or the US but are willing to relocate feel free to contact us, because we do cover relocation expenses and will help you manage the work permit process.
Send your resume/github account to stephanie.kessler at tophat dot com.
#11 of 12Primate Labs | http://www.primatelabs.com/ | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full-time Onsite
C++ Software Developer
Primate Labs is hiring C++ software developers to work on Geekbench, our cross-platform benchmark application. This is a great position for anyone interested in computer performance, high-level and low-level software optimization, GPGPU programming, or cross-platform development. If this sounds intriguing send me a note at email@example.com.
#12 of 12Pivotal | ONSITE SF, NYC, Palo Alto and many, many locations worldwide | Engineers, Designers, Product Managers, Data Scientists | Visa and relocation assistance
First things first. We look for aptitude over APIs. It doesn't matter whether your resumé says PHP or PhD: if you're smart, know some stuff and have empathy, we want to work with you.
Pivotal's goal is to change the way the world makes software and we kinda sorta really mean it. We're broken into three basic divisions: Pivotal Labs (yes, that Pivotal Labs), Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Pivotal Big Data. Rotations between divisions, temporarily or permanently, are possible.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York City, Santa Monica, Palo Alto, Seattle, Boulder, Denver, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, Toronto, London, Dublin, Tokyo and Sydney. We will soon be opening an office in Berlin as well, with more to come. Relocations, temporarily or permanently, are possible.
Each of the three divisions has a constantly evolving and deliberately cross-pollinated culture. We are constantly thinking about how we work and how we can work more sensibly, effectively and enjoyably. Right now we are particularly trying to grow in Labs and Cloud Foundry.
-- Pivotal Labs, from which the company draws its name and cultural seed, helps clients to become better at development. For engineering we are religiously lean and agile. In practice that means we pair program and TDD every line of code from the outside. Our product managers are fantastic at keeping products sharply focused, our designers are masters from users to pixels. We have a growing data science practice, and some engagements include all four roles.
-- Cloud Foundry solves application deployment and management. We're the main contributors to the Cloud Foundry project. We're constantly improving the leading opensource PaaS -- our distribution has the fastest-growing sales of any opensource product ever.
It's also the only PaaS I'd personally bet a company on. Except for integrated upstream code, every line is pair programmed and TDD'd. We dogfood the cutting edge of the technology on our own commercial public cloud (Pivotal Web Services). It works because we took the XP and Lean DNA of Pivotal Labs and scaled it up to build the best cloud platform bar none.
At our offices we have free breakfast, weekly tech talks, good benefits and competitive pay. Ping pong is not mandatory, but it's popular. I think west-coast ping pong is harder to beat, but east-coast style is more entertaining to watch. The beer fridge has more IPA than I prefer but I guess that's life in paradise.
We provide visa and relocation assistance. In the NYC office we have about 15 people from overseas, including Australians like me.
You can apply through our website: http://pivotal.io/careers. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to answer any questions you might have and potentially help me score one of our generous referral bonuses.
For what it's worth, I'm just an engineer. My replies might not be immediate, sorry.