where is who is hiring?
#1 of 2
[ original post ]
The Tampa Bay Rays are a professional baseball team looking for a Data Engineer to join our Baseball Operations team. This position will be responsible for ensuring that our database meets the highest standards of accuracy and integrity. This includes designing and implementing data import procedures, performing quality assurance checks, and finding and fixing data errors. This person will work closely with our Baseball Research & Development and Baseball Systems groups.
All offers contingent on satisfactory background check. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
* Strong experience with SQL (particularly Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS))
* Detail oriented
* Knowledge of basic probability and statistics
* Strong communication skills
* Minimum two years of experience in similar role
* Willing to relocate to the St. Petersburg, FL area
* Willing to work some nights and weekends during baseball season
* Basic knowledge of baseball
* Degree in computer science or related field
* Ability to proactively manage issues with data,
applications, and database structure
* Experience with a scripting language, such as Visual
Basic or Python
* Experience with distributed data stores, such as Hadoop
* Experience with statistical models, such as linear regression
How to Apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Rays Data Engineer." Attach your resume and in the body of the email provide responses to the following:
1. What experience do you have with SQL and SQL Server Integration Services?
2. How familiar are you with probability and statistics? Please list any relevant courses you have taken or projects you have worked on.
#2 of 2
The Major League Baseball team that I work for is looking for a Baseball Operations Data Engineer. Details can be found here. Feel free to email me w/ any questions you might have.