where is who is hiring?
#1 of 10
[ original post ]
We're currently expanding and looking for
* Backend Developer (Golang/Python)
* DevOps Engineer
* AWS / Softlayer / DO (on multiple datacenters and regions)
* Some services in NodeJS / Ruby
* Alpha services in Erlang and Golang
* Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or prior engineering experience
* Experience building complex high performance software
* You are fluent with Python and Go
* Comfortable with Django
* In-depth experience with SQL database
* Chance to work on nice-to-have problems
* Competitive salary based on your skills and experience
Stream is an API for building, scaling and personalizing feeds. The technology relies heavily on Cassandra and machine learning. Stream powers the feeds for over 50 million end users and handles billion feed updates every day. Our customers include small startups as well as Fortune 500 companies. Building a scalable, highly available, secure and performant feed infrastructure is a hard problem.
Stream was founded in The Netherlands and joined the prestigious Techstars accelerator in NYC. After Techstars Stream raised $1.75m and now has offices in both Amsterdam and Boulder, Colorado.
More details: https://angel.co/stream/jobs or email firstname.lastname@example.org
#2 of 10
My team at Twitter is hiring software engineers to help us build the stack that manages Twitter's server fleet.
Our systems manage over 100k physical servers in multiple locations, providing simple, reliable REST APIs to automate maintenance, tracking, and provisioning of the servers that underpin Twitter’s services. You'll be helping build some of the foundational services that run Twitter's infrastructure.
(And if that doesn't sell it: we've tested new features by rebooting enough computing power to land on the Top500. VMs are fun, but there's nothing like pressing "enter" and knowing several thousand actual boxes just power cycled.)
We've got offices in SF, Seattle, Boulder, New York, Boston, and a few other places, and we support remote work as well.
More details and application here: https://careers.twitter.com/en/work-for-twitter/software-eng...
Or you can email me at edanielson at, well, you know the domain.
#3 of 10
The quick pitch: We are a Unicorn in the middle of Hyper-growth. We are the largest private company in Florida, and I've been lucky to see my office in Silicon Valley seemingly 10x in size this year.
Fanatics comprises the broadest online assortment by offering hundreds of thousands of officially licensed items via its Fanatics, FansEdge and Kitbag brands, as well as the largest selection of sports collectibles and memorabilia through Fanatics Authentic. A multi-channel company, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City).
Don't come here if you don't want work life balance though, we value that.
Want a reference and are local to SF? Send me a private message and I'm happy to meet you for coffee.
#4 of 10
Hi! I’m a product manager at Hammerhead. We are building a sports technology company. We shipped our first product (see it on our website) to over 50 countries, and are now building our next product: Hammerhead X. Still in stealth, it is a highly capable custom Android-powered device that will be released in the spring of 2017.
We’re hiring 4 developers and 2 QA engineers at all levels (junior to senior, including a QA lead). We’re looking for full-stack engineers who have experience with mobile and Android in particular. More details here: http://bit.ly/hh-swjobs-hn
Special note on our office in Bangalore-- We are Techstars-backed NYC-based company, but we are NOT hiring in India to save money or outsource serious engineering; working with us is NOT at all like Infosys or any consulting shop. Hammerhead’s SVP of SW Engineering and Co-Founder is Indian and leads the team in Bangalore, which is made up of 6 full-time employees who have equity in the company and make real decisions that determine the future of our products.
We regularly fly our team between offices or meet in the middle for better collaboration; right now for example, the development team is Boulder, CO, on a 3 month sprint to set the foundation for our new product.
We’re building the most excellent startup engineering team Bangalore has ever seen, and we have a deep appreciation for the tech scene and the potential to grow our Indian-side of the company. Join us.
* Any questions or concerns? Email: email@example.com
* All JDs: http://bit.ly/hh-swjobs-hn
#5 of 10
At Yipee.io, we're creating a DevOps tool that reduces friction for teams building and bringing micro service applications to market. We believe developers and operators can effectively communicate using a single application model which is the same from the developers laptop to the production environment.
Yipee.io is an Enterprise Lean Startup, running inside one of the largest independent software corporations in the world, CA Technologies. We believe in rapidly iterating on solutions with our customers, to find problems that are worth solving.
Are you passionate about improving the lives of teams building micro service applications comprised of Docker containers? Do you thrive in a startup environment, where it’s up to you to solve a wide range of technical problems and work across the stack? If so, we’d love to meet you!
Signs of an Awesome Candidate:
• You have used several Web UI frameworks including AngularJS or React to create an awesome web experience for customers
• You have used NodeJS as a backend for some of your web applications
• You're passionate about testing
• You love automation
• You have experience with Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes or similar
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
#6 of 10
At Occipital, we’re working on spatial computing - using computer vision to 3D reconstruct and understand your surroundings so that software can operate over real world spaces. We believe it will power the next generation of augmented reality and some of the key parts of virtual reality as well.
#7 of 10
Hiring: All levels of software engineers, as well as front-end focused developers who are comfortable with data-access design, development and optimization.
You might be a great fit for The Trade Desk dev team if..
* You are a full-stack engineer who wants to work everywhere, not just a small subset of components. Experience / interest in working in a variety of layers and technologies within a SOA is a must for our team. This includes: client-side AngularJS / JQuery, MVC-based web architecture, external RESTful APIs, distributed (and in our case, highly scaled) request handling services, no-SQL and relational SQL databases, many-layered data pipeline (e.g. data bus architecture, Hadoop / MPP data warehouse, etc.) that moves hundreds of thousands of items per second, and data visualization (e.g. Tableau). Experience in all these layers is not strictly required, but we do like to see experience working in more than one, as well as eagerness to work on projects that might slice through them all.
* You have product-driven software development experience using a modern, object-oriented language. Memory-managed languages are best -- .e.g. C#, Java, Python, Ruby, etc. We do most of our work in C#/.Net, but specific experience here is not required.
Cool stuff about TTD:
* Our platform processes 4.5million+ queries per second
* Work with the best engineering team in adtech
* The combination of huge datasets, high throughput, low latency and amazing scale means that we're constantly solving some of the biggest challenges in computer science.
* We've grown faster than any other adtech company in the industry, and have been recently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine and Deloitte.
* Amazing Company Culture (We're very proud of our 5.0 rating on Glassdoor)
* Top-tier benefits
If you want to learn more, email Casey- email@example.com or apply directly on our website: http://thetradedesk.com/join-us/open-positions
#8 of 10
ONSITE, RELOCATION available
At JumpCloud, we have a plan. See, there’s this company that is ripe for displacement. They put out software that everyone uses but nobody loves. We think we can do it better. Much better. We can make it easy-to-use, more powerful, and massively scalable / highly available by putting it in the cloud. Just like Gmail supplanted Exchange, we want to disrupt (yes, we said it) the Directory server market.
Who are we? We’re the scrappy underdog with the backing of serious VCs and the experience of a crack team of founders and engineers with decades of identity and Security experience.
Who are we looking for? Comrades in arms to fight the entrenched opposition. People who want to seriously change Identity and Directory Management. We’re funded, we’re in downtown Boulder, and we’re making a big difference. Get in here and be a part of it!
Stack: Postgres/Mongo/Redis, NodeJS/Golang, Docker/Saltstack
#9 of 10
Stay22 helps events solve the accommodation pain for their out-of-town attendees. We offer a map plugin directly embedded on the event page where the attendees can find the best place to sleep at the best location.
A few of our customers that are using us: Traction Conf, ESL, Everfest
We're currently at an accelerator in Colorado since last week. Decent traction, making money, and looking for a full-stack developer that can do the company's bidding ;)
Reach out directly to me: firstname.lastname@example.org
#10 of 10
Please send resume, work samples, and a thoughtful email that includes specifics about your responsibilities and how you approach your work to email@example.com. Please include your salary requirements.