where is who is hiring?
#1 of 11
[ original post ]
Spiceworks helps millions of IT pros do their jobs with free tools and connect through our online community. Come help us transform IT. We are looking for the following:
- Site Reliability Engineer
- Security Engineer
- Software Engineers (front-end, back-end or full-stack)
We have an awesome culture with full benefits, an onsite gym, free drinks & snacks (with breakfast tacos on Monday and bagels on Friday), a weekly development lunch-n-learn and more. We're also ranked as one of the best places to work by Fortune (http://fortune.com/best-medium-workplaces-in-technology/), Glassdoor (http://www.glassdoor.com/Best-Small-and-Medium-Companies-to-...) and have been ranked at a top work place by the Austin American-Statesman six years running (http://www.topworkplaces.com/frontend.php/regional-list/comp...).
Find out more about Spiceworks and see the current openings at http://www.spiceworks.com/jobs
#2 of 11
We're building a platform that delivers photos using facial recognition and mix of AI/ML. We took a pragmatic approach when designing our microservices architecture mixing new (GraphQL, Kafka, React) and old (Python, Node, Java) technologies.
We just moved into a bigger office in East Austin so you're welcome to join us here or work remotely (worldwide) if that's what you prefer.
We're looking for:
* Front End (React/Redux)
* Full Stack/Backend (Node, Python, Java, Clojure)
* Mobile (Android, iOS)
* Data Engineers (Mesos, Marathon, Kafka)
Apply using Workable (https://waldo-photos.workable.com/) or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're applying for a role that isn't listed on Workable.
#3 of 11
Help shape the future of the travel industry at Andrew Harper. We are currently evolving our existing framework into a more flexible and dynamic platform in order to generate and serve more relevant insights to our travelers. Join our small, high-caliber team as we attempt to leapfrog the industry standards and bring travel technology into the future.
Our stack consists of a Python/Django backend, with a Postgres database. Our core products are HTML5 web applications, so comfort with best practices in HTML, CSS and JS is required.
We are looking for 2 creative engineers to fill in the following roles:
Python Web Developer: You should have 2-3 years of programming experience, and at least basic experience deploying a Django site. Familiarity with RESTful API development and managing the different components of a web architecture would be nice too.
Our interview process begins with a phone/web screen. Candidates are then invited for an onsite interview with our engineering team, during which they ask a mix of questions to gauge technical acuity and cultural fit.
For more information please contact me directly at email@example.com with a subject of "HN Front End Position” or "HN Django Position”
#4 of 11
Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero is on a mission to help 44 million Americans manage and repay over $1.3 trillion in student loan debt. Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help people become financially healthy.
Our student loan tools include student loan data aggregation and analysis, consolidation and refinancing analysis, budgeting tools, and student loan repayment suggestions.
Student Loan Hero is the smartest way for student loan borrowers to repay their student loans, saving time, money and frustration.
* Digital Product Manager: https://student-loan-hero.workable.com/jobs/325519
* Conversion Copywriter: https://student-loan-hero.workable.com/jobs/365958
More jobs: https://studentloanhero.com/careers/
#5 of 11
Solve hard problems that truly matter with a team that's smart, experienced, and kind. What problems? Help kids afford college by making it easier for them to find and receive scholarships.
The Company: A small-and-growing (45 members) company using technology to improve access to higher education The Department: A 3-member product engineering team within an 11-member engineering department
Technical Details: Rails, AWS, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Redis, Memcached, and some internal tooling in Go
The Interview Process: You'll talk to me (Product Engineering Manager), then our CTO, do some remote coding to chat code, come on-site and pair, meet the team, and meet a founder.
You're pragmatic, smart, work well with others, and take ownership of features from planning to production. Preferably, you're proficient with some of our technical stack, and you'll make the entire team better as an individual contributor, a teacher, and an occasional foil.
We take a lot of pride in accomplishing disproportionately big tasks, and to do that we treat engineers like professionals with clear expectations and regular feedback. Our company values are kindness and respect, engagement, and obsession with our clients' experience, and we all strive to exhibit those daily.
#6 of 11
Are you ready for a REAL challenge? Join the team at Cloudera and help answer the world's biggest questions.
Cloudera is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with distributed computing experience to help bring Apache Sentry to the level of functionality, security, performance, and robustness required to support high-demand workloads around the world.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Cloudera's engineering efforts for Sentry. Sentry is one of the top revenue drivers at Cloudera and is used to grant role based authorization to data for many of our Fortune 500 customers.
More info and apply here: http://app.jobvite.com/m?3Q1ZliwY
#7 of 11
Devops Engineer - Open edX
Unizin will be hosting a deployment of Open edX on behalf of its members. We are looking to hire a DevOps professional to be responsible for developing and maintaining Unizin's instance of Open edX; collaborating on Open edX platform improvements; providing developer support (full stack) for Unizin Members to enhance the open source edX platform; tier 3 application support, release management, and systems administration in a 24x7 environment; advancing best practices; and using modern infrastructure tools and platforms to automate AWS cloud environments.
Please use the application linked above and mention "Hacker News" in the submission form.
#8 of 11
We are an eCommerce marketplace for live events (sports, concerts, theater).
If you get sh*t done and love working on a close-knit dev team, we want you!
Feel free to email me (Caitlin) at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the role or life at as a TicketCitizen!
#9 of 11
MineralSoft is a SaaS & data platform for oil & gas assets.
We're looking for a technical product manager with experience growing a software business. This will be the first non-founder on the product team.
#10 of 11
CloudFlare is building a better Internet -- performance and security optimization at the edge. Our long term goal is to give every site the same performance, security, and reliability that major sites like Google and Facebook accomplish, without any specialized network hardware or complicated administration. We enhance millions of sites, including this one. We're hiring for a variety of roles -- we are 350+ employees currently, and are continuing to grow in 2017.
This is a perfect time to join -- product market fit is established but there's a lot of great engineering, product, sales, and support work to be done. We've publicly said we're profitable and on track for long term independent success. You may wish to check out our blog to see the kinds of engineering work we do. (https://blog.cloudflare.com/).
https://www.cloudflare.com/join-our-team has a listing of positions. We're always hiring for operations/SRE, sales, general systems engineering (mostly in Go, nginx, and network, as well as DNS at scale), and web development. Specific roles we're keen to hire include:
0) Data Engineering(s) -- We have a ton of different technologies that our data engineers work with, and our data engineers are a really strong core team here. Kafka, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Chronos, nginx, and so many more technologies.
1) Engineering Manager of Platform Operations -- Our Platform Operations team needs an engineering manager who is in our San Francisco or London Office. A qualified candidate is someone with a distributed systems background and can help enable our engineers to scale all of our backend operations at a fast pace.
2) Product Security Engineer -- We have a lot of internal applications and need more talented software engineers who love to break, fix, and champion security around the organizations. We need hands on engineers who are not afraid to dive in and drive improvement to completion.
3) Systems Engineer (Austin) -- We are hiring systems engineers at all of our offices, but our Austin office is growing very quickly. Our Austin office is working on some really new and innovative projects. Web and distributed systems built with Go, Node, Docker, and much more.
If you're interested, please apply through the https://www.cloudflare.com/join-our-team link, our recruiting team looks at every single application from every applicant.
#11 of 11
Praetorian is different. We are a collective of highly-technical engineers focused on helping our clients solve their most difficult security problems. Rather than break things over and over, our goal is to have an actual impact in making the world a better place. 100% privately owned and self-funded, we are focused on doing the right thing over short term profits. Where other companies pay lip service to vision statements and principles, we are unwaveringly guided by our core values, which are:
* Put the client first - Everything else will work out.
* Enjoy the work you do - Passion eats education and experience for breakfast.
* Be humble - True significance is only achieved as a team.
* Embrace the wobble - There is existential urgency to our work. We need to move and adapt quickly.
* Walk with a swagger - Relish the new challenge.
* Default to open - The right decision is in the data. Share all of it.
* Orient to action - Do not wait to be directed. Engage.
* Performance matters - We are a small company intent on doing big things. Every individual effort counts.
* Stop evil - Our mission is to make the world a safer and more secure place.
* Make craters - Our time on this earth is short. Leave an impact.
Although small, we are growing rapidly, with 50% YOY growth for the past three years. That growth is based on fantastic clients and their support. Our annual net promoter score is consistently over 80%. By comparison, Apple is typically in the mid 70s, and Amazon is usually in the high 60s.
We are looking for experienced engineers that share our values. We offer our staff a generous benefits package, including:
* Competitive salaries
* Quarterly bonuses, 4% 401k matching, stock options
* Health insurance, and options for vision, dental, ADD, Short term disability, and life
* 20% Bench time for research, tool development, or training
* Flexible vacation policy
* Low travel requirements. Seriously. No more than 20% for those in network security and nearly 0% for those in application security.
* Company contributions to training and conferences
* Opportunities for rapid growth and advancement based on merit.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit our career page at: https://www.praetorian.com/company/careers.
Take a look at our tech challenges too, as we’ll ask you to complete one early in the interview process: https://www.praetorian.com/challenges/