where is who is hiring?
#1 of 4
[ original post ]
Fieldbook is a new information tool that combines the best of a spreadsheet and a database. We're pursuing a big vision to bring the power of relational modeling to non-technical end users. It's an ambitious project with deep technical challenges—but one that will transform people's relationship with the tools they use every day.
Our four-person team has backgrounds from Amazon, Google, and Facebook. We've raised a total of $2.9M to date from investors including Accomplice VC, Pear VC, Naval Ravikant's AngelList syndicate, Mitch Kapor (Lotus), Steven Sinofsky (ex-Microsoft), Eric Ries (Lean Startup), and John Collison (Stripe).
We were #1 on Product Hunt with over 1500 upvotes: https://www.producthunt.com/tech/fieldbook-2
We have a modern tech stack including a continuous deployment pipeline with a full automated regression test suite, so it's always easy to ship code to production.
This is an early-stage opportunity that is perfect for someone who wants to optimize for ownership and impact.
Apply here: https://fieldbook.typeform.com/to/MkjYOJ
#2 of 4
News: The headquarters are moving to San Mateo and will be 26 minutes by Caltrain from San Francisco or Palo Alto (free unlimited pass.)
1) Medallia powers reports and surveys for hundreds of the world's best companies like AirBnB, Hilton, Vanguard, Mercedes-Benz, Four Seasons, Nordstrom, and Delta Airlines.
2) Sequoia recently invested more money into Medallia than they ever have in any company.
3) We use many technologies and tools on various teams, such as Java, Angular.JS, and React Native. We host some customers on AWS but the majority use our own scalable platform.
Please send me your resume and I'll make sure it gets looked at: email (my HN username) @ medallia.com
#3 of 4
* Software Engineers
* Dev Ops
* Data Scientists
We're a small team, so you will have an opportunity for a high-impact role, targeting over 50 million users. But our best perk is our colleagues: a diverse and extremely talented team of seasoned engineers and data scientists. We are located in San Mateo, walking distance from the Cal-Train station. Come visit or apply online at http://staples-sparx.com.
#4 of 4
Second Measure analyzes credit card data. We process billions of purchases to help investors (VCs and hedge funds) answer questions like:
- How quickly is Shake Shack growing?
- Is Lyft gaining or losing market share in Boston?
- How does Hilton spending change after a customer's first Airbnb stay?
- (Check out our research blog )
We’re looking for other strong builders, especially those who can grow into leadership roles:
- Data Scientist / Research Scientist (stats; Python/R/Spark helpful; quantitative PhD preferred)
- Data Anthropologist (perform novel research and write about it - see our research blog) (note: no job board post)
- Senior Software Engineer (frontend/backend/full-stack; AWS; Python/JVM; Mesos/Spark/Lambda; D3+ReactJS)
- Product Designer ("full-stack", from research to prototype to mockup to engineer-ready spec)
Competitive salary and substantial equity. We want our early team to have a large stake in our success.
We launched mid-2015  and have phenomenal traction . We're well-funded  by Y Combinator, Foundation Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Shasta Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, and other great investors.
We’re in downtown San Mateo, just minutes from Caltrain and 101.
I'm a founder (mike@). Submit via job board and mention HN, or email jobs@ and CC me.