#1 of 3Watchman Monitoring | REMOTE Las Vegas, NV or Baton Rouge, LA
(mostly) Backend Developer
We are looking for a software engineer/developer who can help architect and build our backend as we scale to millions of IT professionals using Watchman Monitoring. This means working on architecting the data layer as well as developing and extending backend Ruby based services, and APIs. Candidates should have prior experience working with some AWS services, and be able to speak to their experience working in maintaining codebases and datastores as they grow to support increasing numbers of users.
Email - email@example.com
Working at Watchman Monitoring
- In almost every role we’re constantly growing to meet new scale demands -- you’ll have the opportunity to impact the culture of Watchman Monitoring and the direction that growth takes.
- Experience working with remote teams on ongoing projects required
- We are well funded, profitable, and have an experienced team. You'll work side by side with a small team of creators & leads who work together to deliver software that adds value and saves time for its users.
- Our subscribers love what we’re doing. You’ll get to hear as they cheer the work we do, and continue to make their lives easier, more profitable, and save data & downtime along the way.
- We pride ourselves on an environment that balances work & life. We want people to be excited about what they are working on and always learning. We encourage new ideas, alternate opinions, and we do our best to let ideas stand on their own.
#2 of 3AhernIT – Location: Las Vegas – www.ahernit.com / www.ahern.com
Our parent company, Ahern Rentals, is a local Las Vegas family-owned business which started in 1953. Through organic growth, Ahern Rentals is today the largest independent rental company in North America, with 81 locations. Ahern Rentals has over 41,000 pieces of equipment in the fleet, and serves customers in many sectors, including construction, industrial, residential, utilities, municipalities, conventions, and entertainment & events.
We are working on interesting problems involving telematics and creating smarter fleets to push our industry further into the era of technology.
We are looking for an API developer with strong experience in Ruby or Java. Any PHP experience would be a plus but not required. Reach out to me personally: jtezanos (a) ahernit.com
#3 of 3Company: zappos.com
Location: Las Vegas, NV. Seattle, WA. Buffalo, NY
Visa: transfers and sponsorships
Roles: Full-Stack Software Engineers
About the company: Zappos.com is an online retailer specializing in shoes and clothing. We've been around since 1999 and were purchased by Amazon appr. 5 Years ago. We have been recognized as a cultural leader and have recently moved to a self-organized model using the governance system called Holacracy.
The directive each new software engineer gets is "It's your responsibility to figure out what the best use of your time is for the purpose of the company" and then people pitch them for teams and projects. It feels like it's startup impact with the resources of Amazon behind you.
If this new style of working appeals to you, or even if you just have questions, feel free to shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org