#1 of 13Cvent Inc, http://www.cvent.com / ONSITE (McLean VA, Austin TX, Atlanta GA) / VISA sponsorship available
We have hired a few from this thread, and excited to try again!
Who we need:
- Software Developers & Architects (Austin, TX or McLean, VA); $100K-$150K
- DevOps Engineers (Austin, TX or McLean, VA); $90K-110K
- Quality Engineers & Testers (Austin, Atlanta, or McLean); $80K-$100K
- Security Architects & Engineers (McLean, VA); $100K-$160K
- UX Designers & UI Developers (Anywhere); $85K-$130K
Technologies we use: ReactJS, Angular, Docker, languages of your choice, CouchDB, Redis, AWS, Chef, Elastic
Cvent is the leading SaaS product company delivering web/mobile products for the event, hospitality, and ticketing industries through the cloud. We have experienced consistent 25-30% growth YoY, and were recently highlighted in Fortune magazine (http://for.tn/1JeA6lB). Publicly traded as of 2013 (NYSE: CVT), we now have 1,900 employees across 8 cities worldwide.
We are big proponents of open source technologies, adopting cutting edge tools, and promoting from within to tackle our biggest challenges in scaling and automating complex solutions.
Excellent benefits, great office culture, and equity packages for every employee. The salaries mentioned above are flexible for the right individuals.
Interested? Please email email@example.com, and include "HN Response" in your subject.
#2 of 13Ordoro | Austin, TX | Full-time | Onsite (we'll pay relocation)
Ordoro makes it easy for e-commerce businesses to ship orders and manage inventory. Everyday our software helps thousands of small businesses save lots of time and make more money by simplifying and automating the shipping process. It's not a glamorous space, but we make it awesome. We're well funded and have strong revenue.
We're looking for an experienced engineer to start our devops team. You'll help us transition from an aging Rackspace deployment to the crazy world of Amazon. We also need to step up our monitoring, logging, and alerting game.
We're a small team so you'll have the opportunity to make a huge impact. Our 9 developers code hard to make Ordoro awesome. We're serious about having fun while we work and equally serious about taking time off to enjoy life. Bonus points if you can make us laugh or cry.
You'll get the normal startupy benefits
- A paycheck
- Equity in the company
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k (though we don't match yet)
- Unlimited time off
- Whatever gear you need for the job
More specifically, we want you to
- create best practices for continously deploying our apps on Amazon
- manage our current postgres, redis, and elasticsearch datastores
- lead the transition from Rackspace virtual servers to EC2, lambda, and other Amazon services
- increase visibility into the health of our apps with more cohesive monitoring, logging, and reporting
- worry about things like DNS, SSL, key management, and security
- use bash when you can and a higher level language when you must (we love python)
- have opinions about kubernetes, mesos, swarm, and their ilk
In the first 2 days you'll commit and deploy code to production. In the first 2 weeks you'll help us transition a small project from RAX to AMZN. In 3 months you'll be completely responsible for all ops-related activities. In 6 months you'll be running the company
Want to learn more? Hit me up at firstname.lastname@example.org or @benweatherman. Ready to apply? Tell me why you want to work with us.
#3 of 13Student Loan Hero - https://studentloanhero.com/ - Austin, TX - Part-Time - Remote
We're on a mission to help 42 million Americans manage their student loans smarter. Student Loan Hero is an unbiased solution to organize, manage, and repay your student loans.
We're looking for an outstanding front-end developer (React/Flux (Redux), React Native, Webpack, ES6/CoffeeScript, PostCSS, Good JS skills, Node.js, Pixel Perfect layouting + good CSS skills, Mobile versions experience, Love writing tests, Ruby on Rails experience is highly appreciated, Git), it will be great if you have some financial background. We're a small team and you'll have a large impact on company culture.
Email email@example.com to apply.
#4 of 13General Assembly (http://generalassemb.ly) | New York, NY | ONSITE & REMOTE | Multiple Positions | Fulltime
General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne, and Washington DC. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration. We have small, cross-functional product teams that are developing innovative new solutions to online education, and currently we have various open positions across the engineering organization that we are looking to fill. If you want to be part of a diverse team, working on challenging tasks, and want to help the world expand their knowledge to better themselves and their careers via education, drop us a line. If you're in New York City, let's grab a drink or a coffee and chat!
See our full list of open positions ranging from engineering, to design, to teaching opportunities at https://generalassemb.ly/careers. Please feel free to contact me directly with your resume or any questions at elliott . carlson - at - generalassemb.ly
#5 of 13Stealth Consumer IoT Company | San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX (US only) | Lead Embedded Engineer, Lead Android Applications Engineer
We're a seed-funded stealth consumer electronics company that's building a product poised to change the way people experience their homes and bring them material improvements to their health and well being. The opportunity is enormous, making our work exciting, challenging and rewarding when we look at how our company stands to make people's lives better. We're a small team so you'll have the opportunity to be a part of the early team and build critical parts of our company.
OUR CORE VALUES
Users Come First- We're building a product for people and our decisions should be made with them in mind.
Be Bold - Our goals are ambitious and so should our solutions. We're not afraid to be different.
Design + Iterate - The best products result from and understanding the problem and honing solutions with user feedback. We want the best answer.
Transparency - We value making decisions and process very open so that everyone can focus on the important stuff.
Distribute Accountability - We make the decisions at the lowest level possible by the people how know the most about them. Make decisions and own them.
Show Not Talk - We focus on results and not activities.
#6 of 13MineralSoft YC W16 | Austin, TX | ONSITE | https://mineralsoft.com
We're a SaaS and data platform for owners of oil & gas assets.
We're hiring senior developers (2+ years professional experience). Our stack is python, postgres, and linux/AWS. We have some really fun problems.
#7 of 13Umbel — Austin, TX
Umbel is building the infrastructure by which companies own, control and access their consumer-centric data. Our platform enables customers to leverage their data rights and create tangible business value. We take employee satisfaction and growth seriously. We also expect a lot in return. We are currently seeking top-notch talent to join our fast-growing and dynamic engineering organization in the following positions:
* Platform Engineer
* Cassandra Database Administrator
More information about Umbel and the opportunities we have available: https://www.umbel.com/engineering/?source=Hacker+News
#8 of 13The Home Depot | Atlanta or Austin | Full Time Onsite | Infrastructure Full-Stack Engineer
We're changing how we are delivering enterprise services within the largest home improvement retailer in the world, and you can be a key part of that transformation!
You will be a leader on a team that’s forging an infrastructure transformation. You’ve built your skills working with orchestration, CI/CD, scripting, and source code repositories and you’d like to scale your challenges to a whole new level in an enterprise environment. You’ll be designing and implementing innovative approaches to cloud- and hybrid infrastructure deployments, self-service tools, and large-scale OS orchestration. You will be supporting an active development community as well as building out a web-scale production infrastructure.
This is not your standard enterprise environment. We're fast moving, executing on-prem and in the cloud simultaneously, and are aggressively growing our business each day! Find out more about THD Technology on our careers site http://careers.homedepot.com/technology/.
For this position, apply directly at https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_homedepot/e....
#9 of 13TrueCar | Santa Monica, CA - San Francisco, CA - Austin, TX | Full Time
TrueCar is hiring DevOps / Site Reliability Engineers, Security Engineers, Rails, Hadoop Engineers, Technical Product Managers, Data Analysts, Salesforce Analyst, Director, SEO and more in Santa Monica, San Francisco, and Austin.
We acquired the talent of quite a few Carwoo (YCS09) alums a little over a year ago. We've been around for 10 years and went public 1 year ago. The company has big plans for the coming years and is looking for good developers to help us grow.
See http://careers.true.com for the full scoop.
* We prefer you work with us in-person in Santa Monica, San Francisco, or Austin. Remote definitely considered for the right candidates, but you must be based in the United States. We'll handle most visa situations.
* Benefits are exceptional: health premiums are 100% paid for (not only for you, but your whole family), we match your 401k (up to 3% of your contributions), and give stock options. We also pay for your gym membership (up to $50/month) and have catered lunches every Wednesday.
* Our Santa Monica HQ is right by the beach and Third Street Promenade, so expect fresh air and plenty of food options. Our SF office is right off the Montgomery BART station with 360 degree views of downtown and the bay.
* A meaningful subset of some of the technologies we use: Ruby on Rails, React, AWS, Flask, Redis, MySQL, Hadoop, and Elasticsearch (the whole ELK stack).
* VISAS are handled and REMOTE options are available under the right circumstances.
Send an email to me (Brett) (bemma AT truecar.com) with your resume and/or GitHub profile. Even if you're not applying but just have questions, drop me a line
#10 of 13Second Measure | SF Bay Area (San Mateo), CA | ONSITE (relo ok) | https://secondmeasure.com
Second Measure analyzes credit card data. We process billions of purchases to help investors (VC, growth, and hedge funds) answer questions like:
We were part of YC S15 and launched in August: http://techcrunch.com/2015/08/10/second-measure-launches-off...
- How quickly is Jet actually growing? - Is Lyft gaining or losing market share in Austin? - Does rain on Black Friday reduce Best Buy's revenue, or just shift it online? - (More examples: http://blog.secondmeasure.com/)
We’re a 6-person team solving hard problems with really cool data. We’re looking for other strong builders, especially those who can grow into leadership roles:
Competitive salary and substantial equity. We want our early team to have a large stake in our success.
- Data Scientist (stats + ML; AWS, MTurk, NLP, and Spark helpful) - Data Engineer (Python/JVM; AWS; stream processing) - Software Engineer (frontend/backend/full-stack; Python/JVM/Go; D3; AWS; React/Angular) - UI/UX Designer (web; data viz) - Research Scientist (stats, R; SQL and Python helpful; PhD in behavioral/social/hard science or math preferred) - First business hire (BD / sales / strategy / operations) - Others (opportunistic)
We have phenomenal traction and a strong, undisclosed seed round. Select investors include: Bessemer Venture Partners, Foundation Capital, Norwest Venture Partners, Shasta Ventures, and Y Combinator.
We’re in downtown San Mateo, just minutes from Caltrain and 101.
Email me directly, I’m a founder. (mike@)
#11 of 13Lead Engineer | Howdy.AI | Austin, TX | Full-Time | ONSITE
Howdy.AI is the maker of Botkit, an open-source node module for making Slack bots, as well as Howdy, a bot for teams to gather information from one another on the fly or on a schedule. We're looking for someone with experience in RabbitMQ, node.js & Express.
If you are interested, get in touch with me, dakota at howdy.ai. Take care!
#12 of 13NCC Group (formerly Matasano Security, iSEC Partners, and Intrepidus Group) - Austin, Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Sunnyvale, CA
Nothing is genuine today. The posts in your feed are all gags, and you have to convince your relatives that no, Trader Joe's isn't closing all of its locations, UNCLE KEN. The only thing that is real, that can be counted on 365 days a year, is that NCC Group is always looking for great security minds.
If you’re a tinkerer, you enjoy breaking more than building, or someone who wonders “why” and ends up down the rabbit hole 36 hours later with a disassembled air conditioning unit surrounding them... we’d love to hear from you! Our process welcomes those with years of experience, as well as those with little to no direct experience in what we do.
The bottom line: if you love security and research, NCC Group just may be a perfect fit for you.
What do we do exactly? Penetration testing, security analysis, and cutting-edge research into current technologies and attacks (breaking things). You spend most of your day thinking about security systems and how they can break. You get to be creative and have a lot of freedom to be clever while learning new technologies at a very fast pace. Engagements are usually 2-4 weeks long and in a year you will be exposed to 15-20 products and technology stacks. Your work will typically initiate person-months of security improvements in products millions of people use. You will have access to senior engineers/architects and your findings/ideas will be heard by senior decision makers. You will have enormous impact in making the software people use safer.
All of our consultants are also security researchers, with dedicated research time. Not too shabby!
If you want to learn more about us check out our:
If you're ready to apply, contact us at: https://www.nccgroup.trust/us/careers/.
We have need for an Experienced Cryptographic Analyst in the short-term, as well: https://www.nccgroup.trust/us/about-us/careers/security-cons...
We also have numerous infosec architecture and policy positions available, should your interests and background align: https://www.nccgroup.trust/us/about-us/careers/risk-manageme...
We have a recent opening for a Verification Consultant, as well: https://www.nccgroup.trust/us/about-us/careers/software-escr...
We also have many positions in the UK and beyond! Should you be interested in those opportunities, please check them out here: https://www.nccgroup.trust/uk/about-us/careers/
We'd love to hear from you! NCC Group Recruiting Team
#13 of 13CloudFlare https://www.cloudflare.com/ | San Francisco, CA; London, UK; Singapore, SG; Urbana-Champaign, IL; Austin, TX | VISA, ONSITE
CloudFlare is building a better Internet -- performance and security optimization at the edge. Our long term goal is to give every site the same performance, security, and reliability that major sites like Google and Facebook accomplish, without any specialized network hardware or complicated administration. We enhance millions of sites, including this one. We're hiring for a variety of roles -- started 2015 at 128, ended around 220, doubling again in 2016. This is a perfect time to join -- product market fit is established, but there's a lot of great engineering, product, sales, and support work to be done.
We've publicly said we're profitable and on track for long term independent success. You may wish to check out our blog to see the kinds of engineering work we do. (https://blog.cloudflare.com/). https://www.cloudflare.com/join-our-team has a listing of positions.
We're always hiring for operations/SRE, sales, general systems engineering (mostly in Go, nginx, and network, as well as DNS at scale), and web development.
Specific roles we're keen to hire include:
0) Great operations/SRE staff: operating our system at scale (80+ datacenters around the world, 24x7 coverage, >4 million sites) requires highly competent, hard-working, and communicative engineers.
1) Product designer(s) -- we're looking for great talent to help build UX for new products, and to improve the interface and user experience of our existing products. We have a range of customers, from consumers with a single blog all the way through some of the largest sites on the Internet, and designing interfaces which work well for all of these users is a big challenge -- are you up to it?
2) Great front-end engineers -- building new UI/UX to expose controls and data to customers is an increasing portion of what we do. Our current front-end stack is Backbone + Marionette with Browserify and Sass. Our new projects are using React + Redux + Babel + css-modules, and generally adopting Higher Order Components. We're also starting the process of re-imagining our main WWW Front-end stack with a migration to Redux.
3) Systems Engineer -- looking for people to help serve even more traffic, build infrastructure for security and robustness, and contribute back to open source projects. We make extensive use of nginx, lua/luajit, and ssl-at-scale.
4) Really interested in people who want to help fix problems for Internet publishers (articulate what those are and how you think you could help)
(Also -- We're particularly interested in people with Mandarin experience; we have a joint venture with Baidu, and want to make the experience for both Chinese Internet users and Chinese sites abroad as great as it can be.)
If you're interested, please apply through the https://www.cloudflare.com/join-our-team link