#1 of 8AXIOM ZEN | Vancouver, Canada | Santiago, Chile | FULL-TIME | ONSITE (visa assistance provided)
Axiom Zen is an award-winning venture studio. Our products have made “Best of the Year” lists (Apple; The Next Web), and are used by the world’s leading companies – including Adobe, Sony, Starbucks, Phillips, and SEGA. In 2015 alone, our work was featured in TIME, The New York Times, USA Today, and Wired. We just made the cover of Canadian Business' 2016 "Most Innovative Companies in Canada".
- ZenHub Backend Engineer - http://www.ze.nr/5mbFw
- Interwebs Mechanic (DevOps SysAdmin) - http://www.ze.nr/UWTmj
- Founders and Startup Veterans: CEO, COO, CTO - http://www.ze.nr/neLHF
We are also looking for founder-quality product people to lead cutting-edge projects on web, mobile, IoT, and VR. To apply, email us with some thoughts on what that means to you: email@example.com
Didn't find what you're looking for? Email us your own job description: firstname.lastname@example.org
#2 of 8RewardStream | Vancouver, BC | Software Developer | Full Time | Onsite
Intermediate Link: http://rewardstream.com/hiring-intermediate-software-develop...
#3 of 8SiteDocs is hiring junior and senior programmers to join our REMOTE team, working on web and mobile applications for the construction industry. (SiteDocs headquarters are near Vancouver, but our dev team is spread throughout Canada and North America.)
We're a growing B2B start-up with dozens of employees, thousands of users, and real revenue. Our mobile applications are built with Xamarin, and our web app is built with React, but we don't necessarily care if you've worked with either before as long as you're a good programmer who's interested in (and reasonably good at) learning new things.
A job at SiteDocs means:
* Being responsible for your own piece of the product. We're a relatively small team, and our product is relatively young, so the features and components you build will have a meaningful impact on our users' experiences.
* The opportunity to teach (for senior developers) and to learn (for junior developers). Our company values continuous learning, and as a dev team we are more than happy to hire and train programmers right out of university (or self taught, etc).
* Market salary. However, we're a Canadian company and our dollar is not doing very well these days, so it is currently difficult for us to pay in markets that demand more than $100k USD. I know that's a completely reasonable salary, but we're just not there at the moment and don't want to waste your time :) As a remote team, it is more feasible for us to hire people in low cost-of-living areas and paying them slightly above-market for their location.
If you'd like to talk, please email email@example.com with "HN Hiring" in the subject line.
#4 of 8Senior Software Engineer, ONSITE, Vancouver, CANADA Willing to provide VISA.
IUGO is one of the most prominent veterans of Vancouver's mobile gaming industry, with years of experience creating and operating large-scale free-to-play mobile games on iOS and Android. We're best known for developing successful titles with our major global publishing partners, such as Knights & Dragons and the Walking Dead: Road To Survival, but we're always innovating and building our own original and unique player experiences in-house.
What you'll do: Develop games for the iOS and Android platforms, Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of programmers, artists, producers, and designers Develop tools to support mobile game development and other interventions, Program games and applications in C/C++, Obj-C, Java, Xcode, Android SDK and our proprietary mobile platform
Hopefully you have the following: C++ Mastermind. 2-3+ year of professional development with iOS/Android, 3-5+ years of relevant professional development experience, Expert in C/C++, Obj-C, Java, Xcode, and Android SDK, Strong foundation in logic, computer science, and mathematics, including areas such as algorithms, optimization, and vector/matrix/3D math, BS/MS in Computer Science or qualifications in a related technical discipline
More about our story: iugome.com/ourstory.html Other engineer careers: www.iugome.com/careers.html
Contact Jera Gunter at firstname.lastname@example.org
#5 of 8Alloy | San Francisco, CA and Vancouver, BC | Full-time, Onsite | http://alloymetrics.com
Alloy is redefining how information flows across supply chains by providing the first comprehensive, low-latency view of demand and inventory across all distribution channels. Our unified platform connects manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and retailers. Alloy’s powerful search-driven insights allow the supply chain to quickly respond to trends and changes in consumer demand.
We are early stage, backed by leading VCs, and growing. Our team is a small group with diverse backgrounds and experience in analytics, big data, and retail and financial technology. We use Google Compute Engine, Git, Postgres, Redis, Python, Java, and React. We're also looking into how we might benefit from other data tools (Spark, Elasticsearch, Druid, etc).
As an engineer at Alloy, you’ll do any or all of the following:
* Automate the collection, parsing, and storage of huge volumes of data
* Design a flexible but blazing-fast analytics backend that powers instant insights
* Model parts of the supply chain and develop features that bring them together
* Build beautiful, easy-to-use apps that our customer’s love to use
* Dive into server provisioning, deployment, automation, and monitoring
We'd love to hear from you. Send me a note at email@example.com
#6 of 8Openroad Communications / ThoughtFarmer | Fulltime | Onsite - Vancouver, BC
ThoughtFarmer is making work better. We improve employee engagement and productivity by deploying powerful, intuitive social intranets that foster communication and collaboration. We’re seeking a Software Developer to help develop the next generation of employee communication and collaboration software.
We are looking for a smart, passionate software developer to join our team here at ThoughtFarmer who is enthusiastic about working the full application stack.
ThoughtFarmer is a responsive HTML5 SPA using React. The backend is a modern Microsoft web application stack, using .NET 4.5, ASP.NET MVC / WebApi and SQL Server. You should be comfortable using frontend build tools such as SASS, ESLint, Grunt etc.
You will be working with a dedicated team of developers, designers, user experience and product managers to build software that’s used around the world.
For more information see https://www.openroad.ca/about/careers/software-developer-c-j...
#7 of 8A Thinking Ape (YC W08) | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full-time | ONSITE
ATA builds massively multiplayer communities for mobile. We’re growing fast and looking for great people to work with. There are a variety of positions available, but we’re especially on the lookout for talented software developers.
More info: http://athinkingape.com/jobs
#8 of 8Human API - Redwood City, CA & Vancouver, BC http://humanapi.co/ (onsite, visa)
== About Us ===
We're a small, product-centric team focused on opening the world of health data. For us, life is all about moving fast, crushing hard problems, and enjoying the journey. Our investors include a16z, Eric Schmidt, Blue Run Ventures, Max Levchin, Scott Banister, and Alex Payne.
== What You Will Build ==
Human API is the easiest way to integrate health data from anywhere. Users can now securely share their health data with any application or system, regardless of how that data was recorded, processed or stored. As an engineer on our team, you’ll be involved in one or more of the following areas:
- Modeling clinical data --> organizing and normalizing the world of health data
- Developing and scaling structured APIs
- Scaling our ingestion platform and optimizing a multivariate rate limited system
- Data engineering and building tools for data science - NLP and Classification
- Powering platforms and tools for customers to build health apps
== Open Roles ==
- Stream processing and unified log systems with Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Mongodb, Redis and Cassandra for data storage
- Data analysis with Spark or Python tools
- Building and scaling a modern infrastructure stack with Docker and Mesos
- Building consumer focused apps and/or developer focused tools
- Powering search with Elastic Search and related tools
You can read more about some of the open roles here: http://humanapi.co/company/join We'd love to hear from you even if you don't "fit" one of the job specs -- we hire for people, not roles. firstname.lastname@example.org