#1 of 1Crowdstrike | Full-time | SF, Irvine, Seattle, DC, or Remote (US) | www.crowdstrike.com
CrowdStrike (www.crowdstrike.com) is looking to hire a Sr. Software Engineer - Data Services in the Seattle or Irvine area, to help us take our internal automation to the next level. We’re looking for a highly-technical, hands-on Engineer, who loves to work with data plane services like Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Kafka and Hadoop, and is comfortable building self-service APIs and automation around large-scale critical systems. We’ll be looking at candidate CVs with an eye on achievement -- what you’ve accomplished in the past tells us the most about what you can do for us in the future.
This position allows primarily remote work, but strong preference is given to candidates within commuting distance of Kirkland, WA, Sunnyvale, CA and Irvine, CA.
* Maintain a deep understanding of the data components - including Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Zookeeper, Hadoop, and Spark, and use that understanding to operate and automate properly configured clusters.
* Work with Engineering to roll out new products and features.
* Develop infrastructure services to support the Crowdstrike engineering team’s pursuit of a full devops model.
* Work closely with Engineering and Customer Support to troubleshoot time-sensitive production issues, regardless of when they happen.
* Keep petabytes of critical business data safe, secure, and available.
Desired Skills & Experience
* Experience automating maintenance and creation of large scale datastores.
* Experience building, securing and supporting internal service APIs
* Experience with large-scale, business-critical Linux environments
* High level of proficiency with Python
* Experience operating within the cloud, preferably Amazon Web Services
* Proven ability to work effectively with both local and remote teams
* Track record of making great decisions, particularly when it matters most
* Rock solid communication skills, verbal and written
* A combination of confidence and independence... with the prudence to know when to ask for help from the rest of the team
* Experience in the information security industry preferred, but not required
* Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, such as CS, CIS or Engineering
Please email me directly (my HN username)@crowdstrike.com if interested.