#1 of 10Tableau | Seattle WA, Kirkland WA, Palo Alto CA, Austin TX, Vancouver CA | ONSITE
Tableau is hiring! From server, desktop, to mobile development, and everything in between! Tableau is genuinely a great place to be, and there's enough positions to suit the passions and skills of most people.
Openings here: http://rolp.co/F6Tc9
I'm Trevor Hall, a hiring manager in development at Tableau. Although my team doesn't have any openings, I'm still happy to chat, help find a good fit for you, and pass your resume around to the right people. If you're interested, ping me directly (trhall@…) and we can chat.
#2 of 10SiteDocs is hiring junior and senior programmers to join our REMOTE team (North American time zones), working on web and mobile applications for the construction industry. (SiteDocs headquarters are near Vancouver, but our dev team is spread throughout Canada and North America.)
We're a growing B2B start-up with dozens of employees, thousands of users, and real revenue. Our mobile applications are built with Xamarin, and our web app is built with React, but we don't necessarily care if you've worked with either before as long as you're a good programmer who's interested in (and reasonably good at) learning new things.
A job at SiteDocs means:
* Being responsible for your own piece of the product. We're a relatively small team, and our product is relatively young, so the features and components you build will have a meaningful impact on our users' experiences.
* The opportunity to teach (for senior developers) and to learn (for junior developers). Our company values continuous learning, and as a dev team we are more than happy to hire and train programmers right out of university (or self taught, etc).
* Market salary. However, we're a Canadian company and our dollar is not doing very well these days, so it is currently difficult for us to pay in markets that demand more than $100k USD. I know that's a completely reasonable salary, but we're just not there at the moment and don't want to waste your time :) As a remote team, it is more feasible for us to hire people in low cost-of-living areas and pay them slightly above-market for their location--note, however, that we're limited to employees working in North American time zones at the moment.
Our hiring process is as follows:
1. Email application.
2. 15 minute screening call with me.
3. Online programming test at testdome.com. It's a fairly tough test, with questions in a few different programming languages (the intent is not to bias our process towards experience with any particular language).
4. Short (one page) writing sample. We value written communication a lot.
5. Group conversation (over Google Hangouts) with some other members of the team. This is largely assessing oral communication.
Yes, there are several steps, but the entire process only adds up to about 5 hours of your time, and the plus side is you'll be joining a remote team that truly values programming competence AND communication skill.
If you'd like to talk, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "HN Hiring" in the subject line.
#3 of 10IUGO Mobile Entertainment|Vancouver, British Columbia | Senior Software Engineer (C++), Full Time, Will Provide Visa
Looking for self, and performance driven candidates who enjoy making mobile games.
Develop games for the iOS and Android platforms Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of programmers, artists, producers, and designers Develop tools to support mobile game development and other interventions Program games and applications in C/C++, Obj-C, Java, Xcode, Android SDK and our proprietary mobile platform
2-3+ year of professional development with iOS/Android 3-5+ years of relevant professional development experience Expert in C/C++, Obj-C, Java, Xcode, and Android SDK Strong foundation in logic, computer science, and mathematics, including areas such as algorithms, optimization, and vector/matrix/3D math Exceptional problem solving abilities Highly self-motivated and able to excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment Excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills Works well in a team environment BS/MS in Computer Science or qualifications in a related technical discipline
Previous experience with managing the development and shipment of games on iOS or Android platforms Experience with building tools for games Comfortable with 3D programming Experience with animation algorithms and AI Experience using OpenGL or OpenGLES
Email Jera at email@example.com
#4 of 10Alloy | San Francisco, CA and Vancouver, BC | Full-time, Onsite | http://alloymetrics.com
The global supply chain powers the journey of raw materials as they become the things we use, wear and eat every day. It generates $20+ trillions every year, and is one of the world’s largest economic drivers.
The supply chain is showing its age: it’s great with goods, but terrible with information. Today, most manufacturers and brands are not able to adequately track how their product reaches the end consumer. Those who are rely on multiple 40 year old data standards, lots of manual Excel work, and hordes of human middleware.
At Alloy, we’re set to change all this. We provide the first comprehensive, low-latency view of demand and inventory across all distribution channels. Our platform connects manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and retailers, allowing companies to track their products down to the store shelf and better respond to end-consumer demand.
We are early stage, very well funded by leading VCs, and growing. Our team is a small group with diverse backgrounds and experience in analytics, big data, and retail and financial technology. We use Google Compute Engine, Postgres, Redis, Spark, Python, Java, and React.
As an engineer at Alloy, you’ll do any or all of the following:
* Automate the collection, parsing, and storage of huge volumes of data
* Design a flexible but blazing-fast analytics framework that powers instant insights
* Model parts of the supply chain and develop features that bring them together
* Build beautiful, easy-to-use apps that our customer’s love to use
* Dive into server provisioning, deployment, automation, and monitoring
We'd love to hear from you. Send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
#5 of 10Tableau |Seattle or Vancouver, Fulltime | UX Designer, Senior UX Designer, UX Manager |
Tableau's (http://tableau.com) design team is growing. We have openings for a UX designer in our Seattle offices and are looking to build up our our newly-opened Vancouver office with a UX manager and Senior UX Designer.
Full job descriptions and links for each right here:
I'm in the Seattle office myself. If you're interested in joining and would like to discuss more, feel free to get in touch at email@example.com as well.
#6 of 10SemiosBIO Technologies Inc. (http://semios.com) (Vancouver BC, Canada) ONSITE
An emerging leader in precision agriculture. Our product is a internet-of-things (IoT) platform for tree fruits and nuts with over 50K sensors reporting every 10 min. We leverage our big data analytics to enable growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks. Data collected from the field is used for pest management, disease risk analysis, frost mitigation and irrigation control.
- Junior Embedded Developer
- Director of Engineering
- Data Scientist
- Android Developer
- Database Engineer
- Product Manager
- Director of Sales
- Precision Ag Account Manager (Yakima, WA)
Apply @ https://semios.workable.com/
#7 of 10LemonStand.com | Vancouver, Canada | Full time | ONSITE | Dev/Ops
We're looking for someone amazing to lead DevOps at LemonStand.
The position requires ~ 5 years of experience in large-scale web application development. Salary is be based on experience, and will include a generous portion of equity. If you're curious: we use AWS, OpsWorks, Ruby, Python, MySQL (and so on), but we believe any great web/ops developer will know these anyway.
More details here: http://betakit.com/job/devops-lead/
#8 of 10AXIOM ZEN | Vancouver, Canada | Santiago, Chile | FULL-TIME | ONSITE (visa assistance provided)
Axiom Zen is an award-winning venture studio. Our products have made “Best of the Year” lists (Apple; The Next Web), and are used by the world’s leading companies – including Adobe, Sony, Starbucks, Phillips, and SEGA. In 2015 alone, our work was featured in TIME, The New York Times, USA Today, and Wired. We just made the cover of Canadian Business' 2016 "Most Innovative Companies in Canada".
- ZenHub Backend Engineer - http://www.ze.nr/5mbFw
- Interwebs Mechanic (DevOps SysAdmin) - http://www.ze.nr/UWTmj
- Founders and Startup Veterans: CEO, COO, CTO - http://www.ze.nr/neLHF
We are also looking for founder-quality product people to lead cutting-edge projects on web, mobile, IoT, and VR. To apply, email us with some thoughts on what that means to you: firstname.lastname@example.org
Didn't find what you're looking for? Email us your own job description: email@example.com
#9 of 10Human API | Redwood City, CA & Vancouver, BC | Full-time | ONSITE | http://humanapi.co/ | firstname.lastname@example.org
== About us ===
We're a small, product-centric team focused on opening the world of health data. We're solving a hard but interesting problem: health data exchange. We ingest health data from thousands of sources and transform that data into an API that developers can build apps on. This allows thousands of developers to create apps that improve peoples' lives. Our investors include a16z, Eric Schmidt, Blue Run Ventures, Max Levchin, Scott Banister, and Alex Payne.
== What you will build ==
Human API is the easiest way to integrate health data from anywhere. Users can now securely share their health data with any application or system, regardless of how that data was recorded, processed or stored. As an engineer on our team, you’ll be involved in one or more of the following areas:
== Open roles ==
- Modeling clinical data: organizing and normalizing the world of health data - Developing and scaling structured APIs - Scaling our ingestion platform and optimizing a multivariate rate limited system - Data engineering and building tools for data science - NLP and Classification - Powering platforms and tools for customers to build health apps
You can read more about some of the open roles here: http://humanapi.co/company/join
- Stream processing and unified log systems with Kafka and RabbitMQ - Mongodb, Redis and Cassandra for data storage - Data analysis with Spark or Python tools - Building and scaling a modern infrastructure stack with Docker and Mesos - Building consumer focused apps and/or developer focused tools - Powering search with ElasticSearch and related tools - Building a performant mobile UI using React
We'd love to hear from you even if you don't "fit" one of the job specs -- we hire for people, not roles. If you're interested, contact email@example.com
#10 of 10Zymeworks Inc. | ONSITE (Vancouver, Canada)
$$ Salary: ~90k, depending on experience, of course.
Process: 15 minute phone interview, followed by a code review of some interesting code, followed by an optional WebEx (if you are outside Vancouver), followed by a half day technical interview at our Vancouver office.
We are a leading protein engineering company making drugs for curing cancer and autoimmune diseases using computational technologies. We develop molecular simulation algorithms, data visualization and analysis pipelines, bioinformatics and machine learning applications as well as high performance computing infrastructure for running the above mentioned scientific software in a cloud-computing environment. We are looking for a Full-Stack Software Developer to work with our team of scientists and software developers to expand and improve our scientific computing stack.
It would be great if you had:
* A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline, and minimum 2 years industry experience in web application development
* Demonstrated ability to design, implement and maintain medium-to-large scale web applications, their supporting back-end services and associated infrastructure through entire life cycle from initial idea to final deployment
* Ability to deliver rapid, iterative prototypes from initial ideas, and a drive for software development excellence through peer code reviews, automated testing, and systematic deployments
* Proficiency in English, spoken and written
It would be even better if you had:
* Experience with Python based web frameworks like Django or Pyramid
* Experience developing servers and other infrastructure using Go
* Experience building UX front ends and interactive data visualizations
* Go (for server development)
You will be:
* Developing our data acquisition, processing, analysis, and visualization capabilities.
* Creating and evolving front-end web applications and their supporting back-end APIs and operational infrastructure.
* Actively coordinating with our R&D teams to find areas of inefficiencies in data processes, and designing and implementing solutions in conjunction with the software development team.
* Integrating and maintaining the developed software as part of the entire computational platform.
* Experimenting with new technologies and practices that can be integrated within our organization
Please apply for this position at http://zymeworks.mytribehr.com/vancouver/careers/view/43