#1 of 22Weaveworks | London, Berlin, San Francisco | Mostly ONSITE | Full-time | open source | https://www.weave.works/
* Senior backend dev: develop microservices and container tools
* Senior frontend dev: design UIs for our various container tools, visualize networks and data traffic
* Developer experience/evangelist: spread the word in meetups/conferences, develop integrations for our tools
Come help us code in Go or JS on tools for containerized applications that run on Docker or Kubernetes. Those tools enable developers to focus all of their energies on the application itself. Tools like Weave Scope observe components and their interactions to provide visibility and insights; and provide runtime control over the resulting system.
We offer flexible hours with a good work-life balance, with a typical day going from 10am-6pm. All our tools are open source: https://github.com/weaveworks
The hiring process: Checking your CV/GH/SO (if not enough signal: small coding challenge), 30 mins hangout, 3h take home coding challenge, in person interview w/ future colleagues
If you’re interested please drop us a line at jobs (at) weave.works
#2 of 22Boiler Room | London | Web Developer (full-stack) | full time, ONSITE
= = = = = BOILER = = ROOM = = = = =
Boiler Room is the world’s leading community of underground music fans. We live-stream DJ sets and live gigs from music hubs such as London, Berlin, New York, Paris, LA and >60 other cities to music lovers all over the world. It started as a webcam taped to a warehouse wall in East London - in five years Boiler Room has grown to become the online home of underground music, and also a complex broadcasting and editorial platform in its own right.
You’ll be an essential part of our product team currently consisting of 3 developers and 2 designers. You should have strong opinions about how web development should be done in 2016, and you should be able to come up with and implement new ideas for consuming & sharing online music experiences. Going forward, we have some really exciting ideas around peer-to-peer audio and video streaming - interest and/or expertise in that area would definitely be a strong plus.
You'll be working in our river-side office in Wapping, East London, and you’ll of course be able to go to and invite your friends to the exclusive parties being live-streamed on the site.
React, Redux, ImmutableJS, CSS Modules, WordPress, Docker microservices, RethinkDB
# Technical requirements
- Up-to-date knowledge of current & upcoming web technologies, especially relating to streaming audio & video content
- Working understanding of / willingness to learn PHP & WordPress
# Nice to have
- Interest in functional & functional reactive programming concepts (eg. Elm, Haskell)
- Familiarity with Event Sourcing / CQRS concepts
- Passion for underground music culture
# Get in touch!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with links to your GitHub and/or your CV :)
#3 of 22NewStore | Berlin | http://www.newstore.com | full-time | (VISA)
At NewStore, we’re building a mobile retail platform that allows enables rapid order fulfillment and boosts mobile conversion.
The platform runs on a variety of microservices, written in Python and Go. We build and maintain two mobile apps, one native (Swift/ObjC), one based on React Native (ES6, Redux), as well as an Angular-based web app.
We have several engineering teams whose skills usually span all of the above areas to be able to work on entire features independently. We care a lot about QA, TDD and writing meaningful and effective tests. We aim to empower individuals and give them responsibility and the ability to make technical decisions.
In addition to pure engineering roles, we're looking for scrum masters, technical writers and more.
We’re well-funded and close to launch, so it’s a great time to join. We’ve got a good agile dev process and engineering infrastructure established, but there’s still lots of opportunity to make a difference!
Our interview process typically consists of a phone screen, a technical phone interview, and an extended on-site technical interview. See all our job listings here: http://grnh.se/gmynw3
If you're already in Berlin, check out our regular Tech Talks: http://www.meetup.com/de-DE/NewStore/
#4 of 22Ruby Developer | Crealytics | Berlin, Germany | Onsite | Visa Sponsorship
crealytics enables leading international e-commerce companies to drive performance in product advertising and paid search globally in more than 20 languages. In 2015 we generate over 1 billion client revenues, working for our international customers in our three offices in Berlin, London, and Passau.
Be part and parcel of a growing company: We are Europe's fastest-growing advertising technology provider, generating over €1 billion in sales p.a. for our clients. Change the game of search and product ads: We are passionate about building useful technology, disrupting a multibillion dollar industry with it. Learn and take strides in your career: We offer an inspiring environment for diverse, smart and passionate people from more than 15 nationalities.
Your profile: - You have very good knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- You have many years of experience with SOA and MVC architectures
- You have an agile mind-set and TDD and CI is second-nature to you
- You speak perfect Ruby even in your sleep
- You consider RESTful Web services with JSON the better form of communication
- You have experience in dealing with relational and NoSQL databases
- You have excellent analytical skills
- You speak English fluently
- Ideally, you understand Linux / Unix System operations, and you have work experience in the field of SEM
More information: https://crealytics.com/career/ruby-developer/
#5 of 22TestObject | Berlin, Germany | Full-time onsite
I joined TestObject nearly a year ago when I moved to Berlin. There's half a dozen of us in development, mostly Java and some JS on the front. We provide access to real devices for developers to test on. Looking for junior and senior devs.
#6 of 22BaseCase | Berlin, Germany | Software Engineer | http://basecase.com | Remote, Visa
Our primary product is a sophisticated web application which allows non-developers create interactive presentations.
We're also looking for OpenERP / Odoo developers, to ensure our smooth operations:
We can support remote workers, and are willing to assist in obtaining a work visa for Germany if required.
We have been profitable for several years, so we can offer very competitive salaries, with stock options.
Some relevant background videos:
Our hiring process involves 'offline' programming tests followed by ~2 interviews.
Diarmuid Glynn / CTO
#7 of 22Talon.One | Berlin, Germany | Full time | Onsite
Do you want to work full-time with Go, PostgreSQL and Kubernetes? Join our team of engineers constructing and optimizing a powerful business rule engine built around our custom Lisp flavor "Talang".
We offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours and an ergonomic work environment in our office in the center of Berlin Kreuzberg, including fresh fruit and drinks and the opportunity to make a difference in a new company.
If you have no prior Go experience but are a motivated autodidact, feel free to apply.
- Develop and maintain our Go-based web platform, rule engine and API
- Develop sophisticated data analytics engines based on PostgreSQL
- Write tests and documentation and peer-review code in a CD/CI process powered by Git, Drone and Kubernetes
- Identify new technologies that can improve our stack and development process
To apply, please send your CV and Work Samples (i.e. open source projects/contributions) to email@example.com
#8 of 221aim - Berlin, Germany | Onsite, Full Time, Visa
At 1aim (https://1aim.com), we develop and produce access control systems, which allow to open doors with mobile phones. We create all hardware, software and IT-Infrastructure to run our systems on our own. Beside access systems we are already putting a lot of R&D effort in creating further new smart home/building automation products. We see ourselves as an engineering-driven technology company, that influences how a future with connected devices will look.
We enable engineers to focus on what they can to best, letting them work on new products in small, highly interdisciplinary teams. We get rid of management overhead and daily standup meetings. We have almost no rules and flexible working hours, your contribution is the what counts. Right now, we are hiring new engineers for the following areas:
- RUST Backend Developer (with a focus on security & data processing)
- (Frontend) Web Developer
- App Developer (iOS & Android)
- Electrical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
We do not care about your academic degrees or where you are from, but about the stuff you did and what you could create in the future given the right opportunities. If you are interested in working at 1aim, write us an email at work.hn<?>1aim.com and tell us about the projects you worked on that you are the most proud of and which technological feats of the past inspire you. We provide visa assistance, relocation support and free housing until you find your own place to live.
Interview process: 1st phone interview (screening) -> 2nd phone interview (technical) -> home assignment/technical challenge (depending on application) -> 3rd interview (mixed, via phone or onsite)
#9 of 22Berlin | Innolend | Full Stack Developer (m/f) | FinTech Venture | ONSITE
We are looking for a talented, passionate and ambitious Full Stack Developer to help us in our mission to revolutionize the way SME’s can finance their working capital. Through a transparent and cost effective asset based lending model, we are removing one of the biggest hurdles of fast growing businesses – cash flow.
About the job:
As a full stack developer you support the development of our early stage venture in its most exciting life cycle. Your responsibilities may include: * Design and implement features and be a vital part of the launch team
* Deliver implementation, tests and technical documentation
* Follow agile process, stick to commitments
* Grow into more responsibility and eventually lead a team of developers
* 3+ years of experience as a developer
* Ability to design modern web applications from REST API till deployment
* Deep knowledge of PHP (Laravel) programming language
* Code quality, unit tests and scalability mean something to you
* Fluency in English is required, German a plus
* PHP, Laravel, Java Script, Vue JS, Gulp, Composer, CSS (scss), AWS, MySQL
Interested in disrupting the B2B world of finance with us? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
#10 of 22data Artisans | ONSITE (Berlin, Germany) and REMOTE
Hiring Process: Application, Phone interview, and On-site interview
What: Data processing, Big Data
data Artisans is building the next-generation platform for programming data-intensive applications.
We are tackling some of the biggest technical challenges in big data and data streaming today. We love open sourcing our code, and working together with the open source community that has formed around Apache Flink, one of the biggest projects of the Apache Software Foundation in its category.
- Software Engineer (https://data-artisans.workable.com/jobs/241346) - Software Engineer (Support) (https://data-artisans.workable.com/jobs/241347) - Community Evangelist (https://data-artisans.workable.com/jobs/241348)
More details here: http://data-artisans.com/careers
- Competitive salary and stock options - Flexible working hours and vacation - Pick your own tech gear
#11 of 22CoreOS, Inc (YC S13) | Full-time | Berlin Germany, San Francisco, and NYC, New York | https://coreos.com/careers | INTERNS, VISAS OK
#12 of 22Relayr | Berlin, Germany | Full Time
Build the infrastructure for the next generation of connected devices. Join relayr and build the future today.
Relayr is bringing things to life. We have three technical pillars: an Internet of Things Platform as a Service, open SDKs and a Hardware development platforms designed to allow developers and enterprises to quickly build Internet of Things solutions.
We have a growing number of internal and client projects and are looking for a enthusiastic Engineers to join our international team in Berlin (we are flexible with working conditions):
We are using bleeding edge technologies to build a platform which help companies with their IoT transition.
* Backend Engineer - Scala * Backend Engineer - NodeJS * DevOps Engineer
We are using NodeJS, Scala, Akka, Play, Spray, ES6, React, Cassandra, Ansible, Docker and AWS.
If you are interested, please see your job listings at https://relayr.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/
- Work in a cool office located in Kreuzberg, Hipster Central
- German courses and Friday evenings get together
- Connecting you with a network of companies and people all over the world
- Knowledge sharing from the best entrepreneurs in the industry
- Easy-integration into a highly professional and passionate team
#13 of 22Wayfair| Full Stack Software Engineer | Berlin, Germany | Onsite
Wayfair (www.wayfair.de / www.wayfair.com) is looking for experienced PHP engineers to join our European Operational Engineering team. This is a new and growing cross-functional team that builds our back end e-commerce functionality with an eye towards efficiency and scalability, and supports our European business across the board.
We work on a diverse group of systems that covers everything in the web stack – front-end tools, batch and event driven processing, SQL databases and more.
We are looking for strong programmers and critical thinkers who can learn multiple systems, collaborate with teams around the world, and solve problems quickly. No previous domain experience is required – you’ll learn about our business when you get here:
--> Quick initial phone screen --> Tech screen --> Onsite tech interview
#14 of 22ChartMogul | Berlin, Germany | DevOps Engineer | Onsite preferred, remote considered, visas available.
ChartMogul (https://chartmogul.com) provides analytics to subscription businesses by analysing their transaction data from Stripe, Recurly, Braintree, Chargify, or with our new Import API, just about anything you can imagine. We're growing strongly, with ever more customers and revenue.
After a year of huge growth, the time has come to evolve our infrastructure from a monolithic Ruby on Rails app to a service-based architecture to handle the ever-increasing amounts of data our customers trust us with. So we’re looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to play a key part in this.
I'd love to talk to you if you've got something like the following:
I'm ChartMogul's Director of Engineering, so drop me a line at email@example.com if you're interested.
- Several years professional experience building and managing service-oriented architectures for production web applications. - Strong knowledge of provisioning and orchestration tools. We presently use Salt, Terraform and Packer. - Strong knowledge of Linux system administration, preferably Ubuntu. - Strong knowledge of cloud environments, particularly AWS and DigitalOcean. - Good communication and planning skills - You speak fluent professional English - You also speak fluent Git.
Our hiring process: Informal interview, technical interview, team lunch/interview (including a visit to Berlin if you're not from here)
#15 of 22Artory | Berlin, Germany | Full Time | ONSITE
We are looking for developers interested in fine and contemporary arts (our focus is not in the buying/selling portion of the market process). We have a small team of designers and developers, and would like to add more developers to further drive our development efforts. We are putting a lot of user research into our product, in the hope of allowing developers to guess less about what our users want. Decisions around the stack are still in the making and you can be part of these discussions, too. Development efforts organized with scrum, so you should be comfortable with that.
Current interview process:
* Short programming test, shouldn't take long and you'll receive a reviewed version back, regardless of our decision to take hiring further * short call on getting to know each other, figure out open questions from CV etc * 1h skype call/coffee/onsite casual/technical conversation, we'll send you a rough set of topics beforehand when we're interested in specific knowledge/topics * potentially another conversation on team fit * 1-2 compensated work day(s)
Our stack: python (django), postgres, elastic, angular2, typescript, docker + (what you might add)
Some benefits: Market pay rates for Berlin, Apple-y hardware to work, awesome office, (maybe) stock options. Specializations/topics we are interested in (non-exhaustive) and if you like any of these, please get in contact:
* Full stack security * Data deduplication/cleanup * OCR text recognition and extraction * Blockchain-related technologies * Infrastructure automation
If you are interested in other topics which you think might be relevant to startups in the art world, please don't hesitate to still inquire.
If you are interested to hear more, get in touch through sebastian.hillig -- @ -- artory.com. Or apply through: https://artory-gmbh.workable.com/j/DBF103A447
#16 of 22JustWatch (Berlin, Germany) is always out for smart, entrepreneurial thinking INTERNS & working students ONSITE, especially:
- DevOps / Infrastructure engineering (Golang, AWS, ChatOps, Docker)
- Backend Engineering (Golang, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Docker)
- Webapp Engineering (Angular, Ionic, Cordova)
- an intense learning culture with high degrees of autonomy and room for personal growth
- a sane development process with lots of code reviews and pairing
- great mentoring and regular feedback
- every two weeks is Dev Day, reserved for automation, simplification and tech talks
- B2C and B2B products with massive traction already
- 6 founders, each with a solid track record, equity possible for any level
- we're founder owned, sustainable and rather share the company with our employees than with VCs
Come see us at: https://www.justwatch.com/us/talent
#17 of 22Spectrm | Full-Time | Berlin | ONSITE | https://spectrm.de
We are looking for an experienced PHP-frontend developer (f/m) to build a team with the mission of improving and extending the CMS for our partners.
Check our Job-Ad here: https://medium.com/work-at-spectrm/frontend-developer-98bc1a...
We are looking forward to your applications!
#18 of 22Better Payment, Berlin (Germany), ONSITE
Do you like writing mean and clean Ruby code or know a lot about DevOps? Come work at Better Payment GmbH – located in the heart of Berlin, steps away from Hackescher Markt!
If you want to know more please visit https://betterpayment.de/index.php/careers/ or if you have questions from engineer to engineer write me a email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews can be either onsite or via Skype etc.
#19 of 22foodpanda | Berlin | ONSITE | Full-time
We're an established food-delivery start-up with strong funding (http://techcrunch.com/2015/04/30/please-sir/), established presence in a number of countries and we're focused on technology and automation to be the key elements to our further success.
We are looking for engineers for our logistics dispatching platform. We take an algorithmic approach for fully automated dispatching. Math/stats skills are also welcome.
The platform is simple modern Java 8 and Node.js microservice architecture, we heavily rely on AWS to scale for our strong daily peaks and use much of the tools available in AWS. The team is a fully self-managed devops team taking decisions about everything from infrastructure to front-end.
Interview over Skype or in person if located in Berlin, quick two-round process discussing past experience, explaining the new project, doing a bit of open-ended coding together.
E-mail directly email@example.com
#20 of 22Aquilamus | fulltime | Berlin, Germany | ONSITE or REMOTE
I'm not going to bore you with filler words. We need experienced engineers with a strong desire to do things cleanly and properly to help us build the backend for a mobile application. The mobile application is live, ranked among the top 10 in its segment and deals with object recognition. We have two open roles to fill:
1) Backend engineer
- Python web framework (preferably Flask but any is fine)
2) Object recognition engineer
- Image/object recognition (OpenCV/machine learning or other)
- Python web framework (preferably Flask but any is fine)
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our hiring process looks like this: 1) Phone screen, 2) Technical chat, 3) Hire. Don't worry, we won't waste your time.
#21 of 22Contentful | https://www.contentful.com | Berlin, Germany | full time | (VISA)
We recently raised our Series B lead by Benchmark https://www.contentful.com/blog/2016/05/26/contentful-series... and we have many positions open in Berlin, Germany or in SF USA or again remote.
Contentful is a content management platform for web applications, mobile apps and connected devices. It allows you to create, edit & manage content in the cloud and publish it anywhere via API.
Join a rapidly growing developer-centric company with lots of amazing international customers. We count people like Adam Wiggins (Heroku) and Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Solutions) as our advisors. We are hiring for the following full time positions:
1. Engineering Manager - https://contentful.workable.com/jobs/213966
2. Developer - Software defined Cloud infrastructure https://contentful.workable.com/jobs/259235
3. Continuous delivery & developer toolchain Engineer (Berlin) https://contentful.workable.com/jobs/267263
4. Senior Rails/Ruby Developer - https://contentful.workable.com/jobs/193878
7. Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps https://contentful.workable.com/jobs/262674
8. Support Agent (Remote - Pacific Timezone) https://contentful.workable.com/jobs/265035
10. Head of Developer Evangelism SF/USA https://contentful.workable.com/jobs/265087
11. many other positions at our careers page some in Berlin Germany others in SF USA https://www.contentful.com/careers/
#22 of 22Pivotal | ONSITE at many locations worldwide | Engineers, Designers, Product Managers, Pre/Post-Sales Engineers, Ops, Sales
Pivotal's goal is to change the way the world makes software and we kinda sorta really mean it.
We value aptitude over alma mater, empathy over APIs. It doesn't matter whether your resumé says PHP or PhD: if you're smart, empathetic and know some stuff, we want to work with you.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York City, Santa Monica/LA, Palo Alto, Seattle, Beaverton, Boulder, Denver, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Austin, Dallas/Ft Worth, Toronto, London, Paris, Dublin, Tokyo, Sydney, Berlin, Singapore and Beijing, with more coming.
We're broken into three basic divisions: Pivotal Labs (yes, that Pivotal Labs), Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Pivotal Big Data.
-- Pivotal Labs, from which the company draws its name and cultural seed, helps clients to become better at development. For engineering we are religiously lean and agile. In practice that means we pair program and TDD every line of code from the outside. Our product managers are fantastic at keeping products sharply focused, our designers are masters from users to pixels.
-- Cloud Foundry solves application deployment and management. We're the main contributors to the Cloud Foundry project. We're constantly improving the leading opensource PaaS -- our distribution has the fastest-growing sales of any opensource product ever and it's still zooming up and to the right. Except for upstream code, every line is pair programmed and TDD'd. We dogfood the cutting edge of the technology on our own commercial public cloud (Pivotal Web Services). It works because we took the XP and Lean DNA of Pivotal Labs and scaled it up to build the best cloud platform available.
-- Big Data is our suite of battled-hardened products, now open sourced. Greenplum tackles massive datasets with the comfort of PostgreSQL. Apache HAWQ (incubating) brings Greenplum's distributed query planner to Hadoop. Gemfire, donated as Apache Geode (incubating), is an in-memory distributed grid with years of high performance in high-stakes systems.
At our offices we have free breakfast, weekly tech talks, excellent benefits and competitive pay. Ping pong isn't mandatory, but it's popular. I think west-coast ping pong is harder to beat, but east-coast style is more entertaining to watch. The beer fridge has more IPA than I prefer but I guess that's life in paradise.
You can see the available jobs and apply through our website: https://pivotal.io/careers. If you do, please mention my name. You can also email me at email@example.com to answer any questions you might have. Either of these helps me score one of our referral bonsues (did I mention our generous referral scheme?)
I may not be able to reply immediately, as I am just an engineer here.