#1 of 1Vurb | San Francisco, CA | http://vurb.com | Full Time
Featured in 2016 NYT, LAT, Forbes as a must-have search and travel app
We're creating a truly mobile-first search and discovery experience - addressing the fragmented nature of today’s app ecosystem and sub-par mobile search - by introducing a cohesive experience that uses search results (i.e., Vurb cards) as the hub into actions, recommendations, and communications. Won TC Disrupt - http://techcrunch.com/2015/08/20/vurbchat/
INVESTORS: Max Levchin, Drew Houston, Naval Ravikant, CrunchFund, Redpoint, Tencent + others.
APPLY IF: You're looking to join a rapidly growing team, take on significant responsibility and ship quickly.
Examples of challenging problems that you could help us solve include:
- Manage and index millions of objects around places, events, movies, etc with blazing fast read-write access
- Develop search relevance and content discovery infrastructure on millions of objects
- Build backend services (e.g., mini-apps) which integrate with APIs across verticals like places, movies, and shopping
- Work on user-facing web and mobile apps that deliver an amazing experience!
* Search / Data Scientist / Data Engineer - search, classification, ranking, ML, graphs, data crawling/processing. Advanced CS degree required.
INTERESTED? http://vurb.com/careers | email@example.com