#1 of 5Software Engineer | https://swiftstack.com | SF Bay Area | Fulltime, ONSITE, VISA transfer
SwiftStack helps companies address the rapid growth of valuable but unstructured data. We build an object storage system capable of safely storing many petabytes of data and effectively managing the ecosystem of machines, devices, and drives that it takes to do so. We do all of this on commodity hardware so that companies can build out storage behind their firewall in a way that is both cost-effective and optimized for them personally.
Some relevant info:
* Our stack is primarily Python with some Go, but we know you can learn those things if you don’t know them already.
* Our headquarters is in San Francisco, and we have a small office in San Jose as well.
* We have a small team that punches way above its weight class.
* We love open source. Our storage engine is based on OpenStack Swift, and we’re big contributors to it as well as other open source projects.
We’re looking for talented engineers of all stripes. If you have a strong background in storage management, distributed systems, or devops, then we’re particularly interested, but many of our number began as very gifted web developers with a hunger to learn something new.
Our interview process: (1) intro with founder + entertaining technical phone screen, (2) onsite, technically focused interview that's mostly small work-sample programming that you perform on your own computer, + meeting the team (3) there is no number 3.
To apply: https://www.swiftstack.com/jobs/
#2 of 5Viv Labs | San Jose, CA | Full-time | ONSITE
Viv is the next-generation virtual personal assistant, brought to you by the team that created Siri. In addition to being far more capable and intelligent, Viv will provide a truly open platform and marketplace that lets any developer extend Viv's capabilities with new services. VentureBeat named Viv one of the top 15 interesting startups to watch in 2016 (http://bit.ly/1NSHobJ). Check out this article in Wired Magazine to learn more (http://www.wired.com/2014/08/viv/).
Open Positions: - Lead iOS Engineer - Senior Frontend Engineer - DevOps Engineer - Senior UX Designer - QA Engineer
For more info and how to apply online: http://viv.ai
#3 of 5Fetch Robotics - http://fetchrobotics.com/ - San Jose, CA - ONSITE (Relocation assistance available)
Fetch is a team of experienced engineers working on cutting edge mobile robotics.
We’re now very well funded and we’re looking for experienced and deeply talented people who want to solve real world problems.
Senior Frontend Developer (React) - http://muse.cm/1igS8Yz
Mid/Senior DevOps Engineer - http://muse.cm/1NMtzu1
Robot Perception Engineer - http://muse.cm/1LIUxET
Robotics Application Engineer - http://muse.cm/1UfP2iV
#4 of 5The Trade Desk | Full Time, Onsite | San Jose CA, San Francisco CA, Aliso Viejo CA, Ventura CA, Boulder CO, New York NY, London UK, Sydney AUS
Hiring: All levels of fullstack software engineers, as well as fullstack engineers with a UI focus
You might be a great fit for The Trade Desk dev team if:
* You are a full-stack SOA engineer / generalist. Experience / interest in working in a variety of layers and technologies within a SOA is a must for our team. This includes: AngularJS SPA development, MVC-based web architecture, external RESTful APIs, distributed (and in our case, highly scaled) request handling services, no-SQL and relational SQL databases, big data processing (e.g. data bus architecture, Hadoop / MPP data warehouse, etc.), and data visualization (e.g. Tableau). Experience in all these layers is not strictly required, but we do like to see experience working in more than one, as well as eagerness to work on projects that might slice through them all.
* You have product-driven software development experience using a modern, object-oriented language. Memory-managed languages are best -- .e.g. C#, Java, Python, Ruby, etc. We do a lot of development in C#/.NET, but specific experience here is not required.
Cool stuff about TTD:
* Our platform processes 3.5million+ queries per second
* Work with the best engineers in the business
* Lunch catered
* Dog friendly offices
* We've grown faster than any other adtech company in the industry, and have been ranked as the 7th fastest growing company in North America on Deloitte's 2015 Technology Fast 500
* Amazing Company Culture (5 star reviews on Glassdoor don't lie)
* Unbeatable Benefits
If you want to learn more, email Casey email@example.com or apply directly on our website http://thetradedesk.com/join-us/open-positions/show/departme...
#5 of 5eBay | San Jose | Applied Machine Learning team
The Structured Data Applied Machine Learning team in eBay is tasked with taking ideas and prototypes in various machine learning disciplines and bringing them in front of users and customers. Our main focus areas are machine learning, natural language processing and computer vision and we are continually expanding our reach. We are looking for engineers who love coding and learning new things. Take a look here: http://www.helpthemachines.com/