I personally lead the Online Checkout (exactly what it sounds like, "Pay with PayPal") engineering team and I'm happy to talk with you directly. You can reach out to me at my HN username at paypal.com. My team is currently working primarily with Angular on the client and Kraken on Node. If you've got experience with React, we're actively beginning an inside-out migration of our application and could use your expertise. As most Node shops go, we're leveraging a whole lot of other open source tools as well and we're very supportive of open source activities for our people--including working on releasing some of our own work as open source over the past few weeks.
Please note; due to US Government deadlines, we are not able to apply for new Visas at this time. If you have a current US Visa, we are able to sponsor a transfer.
#2 of 3The Trade Desk | Full Time, Onsite | San Jose CA, San Francisco CA, Aliso Viejo CA, Ventura CA, Boulder CO, New York NY, London UK, Sydney AUS
Hiring: All levels of software engineers, as well as front-end focused developers who are comfortable with data-access design, development and optimization.
You might be a great fit for The Trade Desk dev team if
* You are a full-stack engineer who wants to work everywhere, not just a small subset of components. Experience / interest in working in a variety of layers and technologies within a SOA is a must for our team. This includes: client-side AngularJS / JQuery, MVC-based web architecture, external RESTful APIs, distributed (and in our case, highly scaled) request handling services, no-SQL and relational SQL databases, many-layered data pipeline (e.g. data bus architecture, Hadoop / MPP data warehouse, etc.) that moves hudreds of thousands of items per second, and data visualization (e.g. Tableau). Experience in all these layers is not strictly required, but we do like to see experience working in more than one, as well as eagerness to work on projects that might slice through them all.
* You have product-driven software development experience using a modern, object-oriented language. Memory-managed languages are best -- .e.g. C#, Java, Python, Ruby, etc. We do most of our work in C#/.Net, but specific experience here is not required.
Cool stuff about TTD:
* Our platform processes 3.5million+ queries per second
* Work with the best engineering team in AdTech
* The combination of huge datasets, high throughput, low latency and amazing scale means that we're constantly solving some of the biggest challenges in computer science.
* We've grown faster than any other adtech company in the industry, and have been recently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine and Deloitte.
* Amazing Company Culture (We're very proud of our 5.0 rating on Glassdoor)
* Top-tier benefits
If you want to learn more, email Casey- email@example.com or apply directly on our website: http://thetradedesk.com/join-us/open-positions/show/departme...
#3 of 3Airbus A³ | Avionics Engineers (Electrical and Real-time Software) | Onsite Full-time in San Jose, CA | http://airbus-sv.com/
A³ is the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus Group SE, the parent company of Airbus. As an embedded software or electrical engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, test and support of safety-critical electronic systems. Prior experience developing products with certification objectives or functional safety requirements, is a plus. Please see job posts for more information regarding open positions and application process.