#1 of 3General Assembly (http://generalassemb.ly) | New York, NY | NYC ONSITE + US/UK REMOTE | Multiple Positions | Fulltime
General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne, and Washington DC. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration. We have small, cross-functional product teams that are developing innovative new solutions to online education, and currently we have various open positions across the engineering organization that we are looking to fill. If you want to be part of a diverse team, working on challenging tasks, and want to help the world expand their knowledge to better themselves and their careers via education, drop us a line. If you're in New York City, let's grab a drink or a coffee and chat!
See our full list of open positions ranging from engineering, to design, to teaching opportunities at https://generalassemb.ly/careers. Please feel free to contact me directly with your resume or any questions at elliott . carlson - at - generalassemb.ly
#2 of 3The Trade Desk | Full Time, Onsite | San Jose CA, San Francisco CA, Aliso Viejo CA, Ventura CA, Boulder CO, New York NY, London UK, Sydney AUS
Hiring: All levels of software engineers, as well as front-end focused developers who are comfortable with data-access design, development and optimization.
You might be a great fit for The Trade Desk dev team if
* You are a full-stack engineer who wants to work everywhere, not just a small subset of components. Experience / interest in working in a variety of layers and technologies within a SOA is a must for our team. This includes: client-side AngularJS / JQuery, MVC-based web architecture, external RESTful APIs, distributed (and in our case, highly scaled) request handling services, no-SQL and relational SQL databases, many-layered data pipeline (e.g. data bus architecture, Hadoop / MPP data warehouse, etc.) that moves hudreds of thousands of items per second, and data visualization (e.g. Tableau). Experience in all these layers is not strictly required, but we do like to see experience working in more than one, as well as eagerness to work on projects that might slice through them all.
* You have product-driven software development experience using a modern, object-oriented language. Memory-managed languages are best -- .e.g. C#, Java, Python, Ruby, etc. We do most of our work in C#/.Net, but specific experience here is not required.
Cool stuff about TTD:
* Our platform processes 3.5million+ queries per second
* Work with the best engineering team in AdTech
* The combination of huge datasets, high throughput, low latency and amazing scale means that we're constantly solving some of the biggest challenges in computer science.
* We've grown faster than any other adtech company in the industry, and have been recently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine and Deloitte.
* Amazing Company Culture (We're very proud of our 5.0 rating on Glassdoor)
* Top-tier benefits
If you want to learn more, email Casey- firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly on our website: http://thetradedesk.com/join-us/open-positions/show/departme...
#3 of 3Pivotal | ONSITE at many locations worldwide | Engineers, Designers, Product Managers, Pre/Post-Sales Engineers, Ops, Sales, Admin
Pivotal's goal is to change the way the world makes software and we kinda sorta really mean it.
We value aptitude over alma mater, empathy over a list of APIs. It doesn't matter whether your resumé says PHP or PhD: if you're smart, empathetic and know some stuff, we want to work with you.
We have offices in SF, NYC, Santa Monica/LA, Palo Alto, Seattle, Boulder, Denver, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Austin, Dallas/Ft Worth, Toronto, London, Paris, Dublin, Tokyo, Sydney, Berlin, Singapore and Beijing, with more coming, though not all are hiring.
We're broken into three main divisions: Pivotal Labs (yes, that Pivotal Labs), Pivotal Cloud R&D and Pivotal Big Data.
-- Pivotal Labs helps clients to become better at product development. For engineering we are religiously lean and agile. In practice that means we pair program and TDD every line of code from the outside. Our product managers are fantastic at keeping products sharply focused, our designers are masters from users to pixels.
-- Cloud R&D is where we build the best cloud platform available. We're the majority contributors to the Cloud Foundry project. Our distribution has the fastest-growing sales of any opensource product ever and it's still zooming up and to the right.
Except for upstream code, every line is pair programmed and TDD'd. We dogfood the cutting edge of the technology on our own commercial public cloud (Pivotal Web Services). It works because we took the XP and Lean DNA of Pivotal Labs and scaled it up to build the best cloud platform available.
-- Big Data is our suite of battled-hardened products, now open sourced. Greenplum tackles massive datasets with the comfort of PostgreSQL. Apache HAWQ (incubating) brings Greenplum's distributed query planner to Hadoop. Gemfire, donated as Apache Geode (incubating), is an in-memory distributed grid with years of high performance in high-stakes systems.
At our offices we have free breakfast, weekly tech talks, excellent benefits and competitive pay. Ping pong isn't mandatory, but it's popular. I think west-coast ping pong is harder to beat, but east-coast style is more entertaining to watch. The beer fridge has more IPA than I prefer but I guess that's life in paradise.
To see all our open jobs and apply directly, follow this referral URL: http://grnh.se/xiy346
You can also email me at email@example.com to answer any questions you might have.
Either of these helps me score one of our referral bonsues (did I mention our generous referral scheme?)
I may not be able to reply immediately, as I am just an engineer here.