where is who is hiring?
#1 of 9
[ original post ]
We are a 37 people biotech startup working on building the next generation cloud-enabled biotech lab. The goal is to provide a single scientist the ability to run their own fully-automated laboratory at low cost, performing millions of controlled, repeatable experiments per day without human error.
We make Synthetic RNA kits for scientists working with Cas9/CRISPR technology. Check out this TedTalk by Jennifer Doudna on CRISPR - it’s pretty fascinating stuff: http://tinyurl.com/q598fus
Actively Hiring for:
- Senior/Lead Mechanical Engineers | SolidWorks, Rapid Prototyping, Industrial Automation, 100% Uptime Projects
- Senior Mechanical Design Engineers
- Senior Mechanical Robotics Engineers
- Senior Software Engineers | Complex HW/SW Integrations
Send me your resume + portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org
Locals and citizens only (Canadians and Green Card holders welcomed)
#2 of 9
Buzzwords: PaaS, Industry 4.0, Industrial IoT, Big data & predictive analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Elastic computing
C3 IoT is building an end-to-end PaaS solution for the enterprise IoT. Only 25% of companies today have an analytics strategy for their IoT data, yet most companies know that they need one to stay competitive. C3’s AWS-based platform allows large enterprise companies to rapidly deploy powerful machine learning applications in near real-time to derive operational insights from petabytes of IoT and disparate data.
Tom Siebel founded C3 to tackle the impending market shift in smart devices and real-time data. By combining unique data processing methods with machine learning at petabyte scale, C3 enables the enterprise to take action on smarter and more timely insights (like diagnosing a heart attack before it happens or enabling PG&E to reduce their energy waste).
We're looking for great people in Data Science, Machine Learning, Full-stack, Applications, Release Automation, UI/Frameworks, and Platform engineering.
Please reach out to me at Darin.email@example.com to learn more.
#3 of 9
== About Us ===
We're a small, product-centric team focused on opening the world of health data. For us, life is all about moving fast, crushing hard problems, and enjoying the journey. Our investors include a16z, Eric Schmidt, Blue Run Ventures, Max Levchin, Scott Banister, and Alex Payne.
== What You Will Build ==
Human API is the easiest way to integrate health data from anywhere. Users can now securely share their health data with any application or system, regardless of how that data was recorded, processed or stored. As an engineer on our team, you’ll be involved in one or more of the following areas:
- Modeling clinical data --> organizing and normalizing the world of health data
- Developing and scaling structured APIs
- Scaling our ingestion platform and optimizing a multivariate rate limited system
- Data engineering and building tools for data science - NLP and Classification
- Powering platforms and tools for customers to build health apps
== Open Roles ==
- Stream processing and unified log systems with Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Mongodb, Redis and Cassandra for data storage
- Data analysis with Spark or Python tools
- Building and scaling a modern infrastructure stack with Docker and Mesos
- Building consumer focused apps and/or developer focused tools
- Powering search with Elastic Search and related tools
You can read more about some of the open roles here: http://humanapi.co/company/join We'd love to hear from you even if you don't "fit" one of the job specs -- we hire for people, not roles. firstname.lastname@example.org
#4 of 9
Citrine is the artificial intelligence platform for materials and chemicals. Our platform ingests and understands large-scale data from countless sources, such as patents, research papers, technical reports, and existing databases, and uses state-of-the-art AI to anticipate the behavior of all materials and chemicals under any relevant conditions. The resulting predictive intelligence helps customers hit R&D and manufacturing milestones in half the time.
The Citrine platform is creating discontinuous competitive advantage at Forbes Global 1000 companies across the materials, automotive, aerospace, and electronics industries in the United States, Japan, and Korea.
=== Senior Software Engineer ===
Build applications to ingest, display, search, and analyze materials science data to facilitate breakthroughs in materials r&d. Application stack is AngularJS, Ruby on Rails & Java.
Apply online: http://citrine.io/jobs?gh_jid=255398
=== Senior Infrastructure Engineer ===
Build & scale fault-tolerant data ingestion, storage and search infrastructure from simple asynchronous sources to continuous terabyte-wide streams of real-time measurements from high-throughput scientific equipment.
Apply online: http://citrine.io/jobs?gh_jid=255707
#5 of 9
Wealthfront takes the guesswork out of sound, long-term investing through effortless automation. We efficiently build and deliver products which pave the way for a new generation of investors to achieve their financial goals. With their trust, we believe we can and will change this industry. Find out how our engineering team contributes to our mission at http://eng.wealthfront.com
Feel free to check out the job description and apply here: http://grnh.se/fn0s4i (please mention HN in application).
#6 of 9
TrueVault is building a more secure Web. We're looking for more people to join our team to help us to move faster. TrueVault currently provides HIPAA compliant storage API. We are looking to expand and fulfill other compliance and security requirements to empower developers to focus on their core business. If you are passionate about security, infrastructure, and hard problems, we want to talk to you.
We have an active opening for a Business Development Representative (https://www.truevault.com/careers)
* exploring new features and ideas
* team events, family days, outings
* continuous learning (education/conference budget)
* show & tell events
* Generous Equipment budget
* Fully Covered Medical/Dental/Vision + Dependents
* Commuter + Gym/Health Benefits
* Flexible Hours and Unlimited sick days/vacation days
If you're interested, please apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/truevault and be sure to mention HN - I'll make sure we get back to you directly.
#7 of 9
About us: http://altvr.com
Open positions: http://jobs.altvr.com
Our team: http://altvr.com/team
WHO WE ARE:
- AltspaceVR is a virtual reality software company building a platform for communication in VR.
- Backed by some of the best investors on the planet (http://bit.ly/1EEqFsw)
- With a team that is passionate about the future of VR.
WHAT WE BELIEVE:
- VR will be for everyone.
- The social connection enabled by VR will change your life (and we can show it to you.)
- We should embrace everything that is great about the 2D web.
- That we can and will invent the 3D web.
For more info: http://altvr.com For open positions: http://jobs.altvr.com
#8 of 9
This role includes interfacing with company leadership.
Data Engineering Lead -- if you rock the elephant (Hadoop) and like working with things like Kafka, Spark, and Tableau to support a team of scientists delivering things like multi-variate experiments, company decision making dashboards, and recommender engines that move the needle, then this may be for you.
We're the original "Lean Start-up" company, and our 3D avatar technology and content powers everything from the IMVU.com chat service, to the Unity 3D avatars plugin, to the Kimoji stickers application by Kim Kardashian.
Our interview is a couple of phone screens (personal + technical) and a short day on-site.
#9 of 9
About the Job
Help design and build awesome experiences for our customers and partners using and supporting iCracked services. We're growing quickly, and there is lots to do! You will contribute to the technical systems that power our network and systems, and be part of one or more of our product development teams. You’ll work closely with Product Managers and Technical Leads to ensure our products and features fulfill real customer use cases and have a meaningful impact on our business. You’ll get to demonstrate your expertise and skills while you both teach and learn from other engineers as we build amazing technology together.
You’re an experienced engineer who designs and builds fast, reliable code that others, now and in the future, will find easy to comprehend and modify. You will be successful here if you:
* Are humble and collaborative, and enjoy mentoring and learning from others around you
* Enjoy autonomy, and taking responsibility for helping achieve shared goals
* Have a background in CS fundamentals, and enjoy making things
* Are a strong communicator, and enjoy helping ensure that the right things happen