where is who is hiring?
#1 of 2
[ original post ]
Our mission is pretty simple; we believe that everyone deserves sophisticated financial advice. We are focused on taking services typically reserved for the ultra-wealthy, automating them and delivering them directly to the investors at an incredibly low cost. We have clients in all 50 states who trust us with over $4 billion in assets and growing. With our clients' trust, we believe we can and will change this industry.
We are hiring across the board, but are specifically looking for Engineering Managers, Sr. Backend Engineers and Sr. Data Engineers with Java experience.
Feel free to check out the job descriptions and apply here: http://grnh.se/6regmv1 (please mention HN in application).
#2 of 2
Karius is taking the genomic sequencing revolution (NGS) out of the lab to build revolutionary infectious disease testing. Traditional testing approaches rely on culturing and hypothesis-driven testing, but we directly sequence the pathogen DNA. We booked our first commercial orders last year and are opening up for more now.
I am a software engineer without a biotech background that worked at companies making webapps. I really appreciate working with a team with diverse backgrounds and having the opportunity to learn many new things. Its nice that Karius is still a startup where you can make significant contributions in one area or broaden your understanding of different areas.
There is something different about the vibe at Karius. People are happy to come to be at work, there is a lot of maturity, and everyone seems to bring their own special talents into the mix. We have company retreats twice a year and we care about making it possible to experience joy at work.
If you bring experience in the following areas, we would love to talk more.
• Bioinformatics Pipeline: Bioinformatics experience not required if you are an eager learner. Experience with a strongly-typed language (Rust, Haskell, Scala, F#, OCaml, Flow/TypeScript2) or experience with statically typed languages and appreciation of strong-typing.
• Front-End: TypeScript, React, CSS, and work well with designers
• Ops: Docker, building infrastructure on AWS with terraform and CloudFromation. Postgres, MySQL, DynamoDB
• Backend Web Services: C#, Database schema modeling, REST APIs with Swagger documentation
• Analysis: Experience with bioinformatics analysis and Python
jobs at kariusdx.com